By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I am sad ... Really sad

This is the case with everything, the millenial generation is ruining everything. Just stick to classics (I'm looking foward to playing my 90's collection - PS1/Saturn/N64/SNES, via retail disks).

----

I feel the exact same way about cars. They became really fast and sexy up until 5 years ago, now the switch is more fuel efficient. The Corvette (sexy as it is) has electronic steering which completely ruins the drive. Same with the 911, any BMW, Mustangs....everything. Plus V8's are becoming extinct, hybrids are more and more common (and believe me, even with power they are shit to drive because the engine is always off and not ready to go), CVT transmissions, less and less cars being available with manual transmissions (Porsche and BMW might remove it all together soon as well), AWD becoming a commonplace.....

It's not as fun driving as it used to be. This is why my next car is going to be 10 years old, RWD and manual with no GPS.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

I sympathize with you, shark. As much as I love video gaming and as much as it's defined my life for 30 years, I've become so disillusioned with it over the past two generations. There's so much that needs fixing: broken, unfinished games that are sold to consumers piecemeal; out of control budgets; unprofessional journalism; and fans who act like shareholders, or, worse, crusaders.

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
Yeah, and it's all thanks to Microsoft.

O the irony.....

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

You'll get that feeling when so much of the industry doesn't even hide the fact that they're in it for the $$$$.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

What you probably need to do is stay away from here. Speculation and discussion can ruin enjoyment. I'm currently in the same boat with comics are you are with games but it's not just discussion that put me off, it's bad writing and people praising work that is poor. Pandering to mass market movie goes who don't care about comics.

Now I buy just 3 comics a month and they all just sit on my coffee table waiting to be read and I just don't read them. I'm waiting for them to get good again.... I've forgotten my point.

Oh yeah, don't post here and read stupid discussions, go out and just enjoy whatever games you want (on disc, used, went to my local Grainger Games earlier, hundreds of them all cheap).

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

I had that feeling some generations ago. This generation and last are actually nice because we get great 2D games again with great ideas from great (indie)developers.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

AZWification said:
Smear-Gel said:
Video Games Crash of 2015. Calling it now.

Don't even joke about a second video game crash!

Would a mobile gaming crach tickle your fancy?

Simply put, you need to focus on actually gaming and not the business of gaming.

Options are good, being more exposed to media and information is great too, but most people (and you apparently) need to learn how to use a filter. I do a near total media black out of anything I am interested in getting. I hardly ever buy DLC of any kind unless its a completely new and justifiable expansion (so no maps/weapons/skins...etc). I will not use "my money" and support anything; be it a game or service that I do not like or that doesn't appeal to me. And most importantly, I do not make it my business to care about how or why others spend their money.

You need to look at the gaming media as nothing more than opinionated people like you and I, in most cases, they are even just flat out stupid attention seeking idiots or PR outlets and you should disregard them accordingly.

Focus on the parts of gaming you like and you will always be fine.

And with this MS blaming thingy, the way I see it is that MS will always be MS. Anyone that knows MS as a company over the past 20yrs will in no way be surprised by anything they are doing today. Its in their DNA. But in their defence, the real problem lies with the people stupid enough to support some of their ultimately anti-consumer policies. Simply put, they want your money and would rightfully do everything to get it. If you give it to them, then they will keep doing what they are doing. And if they can get away with anything, be rest assured that others will follow. Case in point, look at Steam vs. PS+/XBL. MS could have made XBL like steam. That was also a viable business model, but they figured they could try and make people pay to play games online. Pay to do something that they could already do for free. They got away with it and now sony has followed suit.

AZWification said:
Smear-Gel said:
Video Games Crash of 2015. Calling it now.

Don't even joke about a second video game crash!

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Stop coming to videogames sites and I'm sure it will improve your situation a lot. Or just go sites that specialize in one brand only, I like this kind a lot. People just focus on games and telling their experiences and there aren't wars.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...