By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November Update!!!! Under 3m - Predict: Xbox One will sell more in the US than WiiU will Worldwide

Seece said:

Oh it's definitely on lock, those thinking XB1 is going to do on par with the original Xbox on the US are way off base.

It's ok, I got a similar response all those years ago when I said Xbox 360 will overtake Wii in the US.

Og xbox first jan to july ndp - 1.126m
Xone same - 1.09m

Seems they are rather on base.

cool bra.  

Around the Network
PigPen said:
Xbox One is in last place. Ask any console owner beside the Nintendo champs (die hard), and they will tell you (for the most part) the Wii U is the ideal secondary console to have. I'm not going to get into which console is over and undertracked. The Wii U is in second as of now, and until the Xbox One start to sell more consoles I'll entertain this conversation.

I agree here. The Wii U is the ideal secondary console. My PC is my primary gaming device. My Wii U is secondary. For most other console owners, either their Xbone or PS4 is their primary console. I'd imagine the Wii U or PC would be their secondary. Heck, maybe even the other way around.

When WiiU is gonna get second place, this thread will look very stupid!

NickK said:

And when it isn't all the people deadset on it getting second place are gonna look very stupid.

This is a foregone conclusion imo.

2014 will more than likely be Wii U's peak year with what? 4m?

XOne will easily match PS3s US sales and that alone will be more than enough.

Nintendo's own estimates for FY15 shows how things are. They knew then what we're just finding out, namely Ubi, Activision joining EA in pulling pack virtually all support bar Skylanders/Just Dance.

2015 numbers will be lucky to match 2014s and after that will come the typical Nintendo HW drops.

Seriously, 2014 has DKC:TF, MK8 and SSB. They're 3 sequels to some of the biggest Wii games and they're aren't gonna be enough. Throw in Hyrule Warriors, Bayo2, Wii Sports Club and there's not much more Nintendo can do themselves in any given calender year.

Yes, they still have Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox to come but if Mario in all his guises couldn't do it, they certainly won't.

Around the Network

well well well. look who tried to copy me!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=180089&page=1

retroking1981 said:

XOne will easily match PS3s US sales and that alone will be more than enough.

Easily nothing, X1 is in a weaker position then PS3 was and PS4 is far great competition then 360 was.

Seece said:
BeElite said:
Seece said:

No, literally didn't understand it.

I get you now tho, and disagree. Hence sales are as close as they are in the states. That isn't down to Titanfall and Dead Rising. Half of those that buy gaming consoles never visit videogame forums or care about which system has the better looking multiplats, you overestimate how much people care.

I dont consider getting doubled out sold half the year "close"

Ohh no i dont actually.  Typical avergae joe fool had no idea, but his friend does and will make it known.  And when a few friends are playing the Z version of a game the others follow.  Its a cascading effect if the hardocre know and choose a sise the core follow as do the casual.  

Double? Did you read the OP? XB1 WW sales are irrelevent to this topic.

And no, his friend doesn't know or care either. Exclusives, Friends and Price are the 3 king factors when deciding to purchase a console, not frame rate and graphics. As much as you like to believe it is, it isn't.

Actually it's not really exclusives it's overall game library. Titan Fall and No man skies are not exclusives, but it is console exclusive which matters to most consumers when picking up a console. Slighly better graphics or fps on multiplat games means shit to most people. PS3 and PS2 had slightly inferior multiplat games ,but yet both consoles outsold their main competitors.

NickK said:

So, this thread will never look stupid?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Hmm, yeah. I agree.

The Xbox One still has so many big games that appeal to the American market yet to come and when it hits value pricing we will see some big numbers. Will breeze by 20 Million in the States alone. Can see between 27-33 Million over there depending on how long they keep it on the market.

Great OP too Seece. I likey.