By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November Update!!!! Under 3m - Predict: Xbox One will sell more in the US than WiiU will Worldwide

Well, i disagree.
Not only is the WiiU outselling X1 since almost 3 months, it also has a bigger lineup coming the next year.
And while one can argue of course which lineup is going to be stronger, i would totally agree that in the US the X1 will keep outselling the WiiU, but i don't see that in japan nor in europe.
In fact WiiU already got more games in japan than in the west, and it's even outselling the ps4 by far in japan.
So what i'm saying is that i can believe that WiiU won't sell huge in europe, but neither does X1.
This hole WiiU=2nd console thing is especially true for europe, and i believe the WiiU will keep outselling X1 in europe for a long time if not until the end of the generation.
So for for X1 usa outselling WiiU ww it won't only have to compensate the sales from europe but also from japan, where x1 will do even worse than ps4 which is already being outsold by more than 2:1 by WiiU currently.

Of course we're not very far into this generation, but for this prediction to become true something big must happen to X1. The current situation heavily points to a WiiU in place 2 WW.

Around the Network
Cyrus said:
Well, i disagree.
Not only is the WiiU outselling X1 since almost 3 months, it also has a bigger lineup coming the next year.
And while one can argue of course which lineup is going to be stronger, i would totally agree that in the US the X1 will keep outselling the WiiU, but i don't see that in japan nor in europe.
In fact WiiU already got more games in japan than in the west, and it's even outselling the ps4 by far in japan.
So what i'm saying is that i can believe that WiiU won't sell huge in europe, but neither does X1.
This hole WiiU=2nd console thing is especially true for europe, and i believe the WiiU will keep outselling X1 in europe for a long time if not until the end of the generation.
So for for X1 usa outselling WiiU ww it won't only have to compensate the sales from europe but also from japan, where x1 will do even worse than ps4 which is already being outsold by more than 2:1 by WiiU currently.

Of course we're not very far into this generation, but for this prediction to become true something big must happen to X1. The current situation heavily points to a WiiU in place 2 WW.

bold 1: Does it now? I'm assuming that you're ignoring all the multiplats, but even then, what does the Wii U have next year that makes its lineup so much bigger then the X1s?

bold2: It really doesn't.

DerNebel said:
Cyrus said:
Well, i disagree.
The current situation heavily points to a WiiU in place 2 WW.

bold 1: Does it now? I'm assuming that you're ignoring all the multiplats, but even then, what does the Wii U have next year that makes its lineup so much bigger then the X1s?

1: You are assuming right, i'm considering exclusives. That's part of the reason why i called this point arguably.

2: yes it does?! WiiU is currently outselling X1. That's a fact you shouldn't ignore. Any possible future sales are speculation. There is no reason to believe the situation will change soon, since both systems announced equally popular franchises. 

I don't say that it's impossible, but from the current status it seems unlikely. If Something big happens, like the new Halo 5 being even more popular than previous entries while smash being less popular than its predecessors. And new announcements and steady flow of games on X1, while WiiU only gets delays, than ok this can become reality. But before such things happen, if we just believe both sides deliver what they promised, than i just can't see how WiiU ww sales could fall behind X1 usa sales.

Cyrus said:
DerNebel said:
Cyrus said:
Well, i disagree.
The current situation heavily points to a WiiU in place 2 WW.

1: You are assuming right, i'm considering exclusives. That's part of the reason why i called this point arguably.

2: yes it does?! WiiU is currently outselling X1. That's a fact you shouldn't ignore. Any possible future sales are speculation. There is no reason to believe the situation will change soon, since both systems announced equally popular franchises. 

I don't say that it's impossible, but from the current status it seems unlikely. If Something big happens, like the new Halo 5 being even more popular than previous entries while smash being less popular than its predecessors. And new announcements and steady flow of games on X1, while WiiU only gets delays, than ok this can become reality. But before such things happen, if we just believe both sides deliver what they promised, than i just can't see how WiiU ww sales could fall behind X1 usa sales.

I didn't say X1 US > Wii U WW, but overall the situation is still very much in favour of the X1 when it comes to the question "who will end up 2nd".

Most of xbox sales will come from NA, it's basically the same as confronting xbox ww vs wiiu ww

Around the Network
McGilliguts said:
I don't understand why anyone would purchase an xbox one. It has literally nothing going for it and is going to bomb majorly this holiday. Repackaging old halo games fools no one. Halo 5 without bungie who cares. Same thing for gears. I doubt xbone lasts more than two more years.

I plan on buying the XB1 for new IP that is coming out this gen (Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break) as well as the Halos and the Gears.  Some of the multimedia stuff like snap interests me as well.  Hell, I am probably even going to grab a kinect for the non-gaming functionality of it.

Last gen at the beginning I wanted nothing to do with a PS3 for a lot of the same reasons that people are saying they don't want the XB1.  Fast forward to the end of the gen when new IPs on the PS3 flourished and suddenly it was my preferred gen7 system.  A lot can happen in the middle of a gen that, even if it doesn't actually change the order for "winning", can greatly improve a consoles position.

DerNebel said:
NickK said:
When WiiU is gonna get second place, this thread will look very stupid!

And when it isn't all the people deadset on it getting second place are gonna look very stupid.

The Wii U already has second place.

AZWification said:
jnemesh said:
Yet another thread detailing how wishful thinking is going to let the XB1 win this gen against it's competitors. Aint gonna happen. XB1 will end up third this gen.

As a huge Nintendo fan, I have to disagree with you..

As a huge Nintendo fan, I have to disagree with you.    I agree with "jnemesh"  XOne will end up third this gen.

PigPen said:
DerNebel said:
NickK said:
When WiiU is gonna get second place, this thread will look very stupid!

And when it isn't all the people deadset on it getting second place are gonna look very stupid.

The Wii U already has second place.

Great and at one point the Wii U even had first, didn't mean much in the (not so) long run.

Honestly if MS had started at $399.99 without Kinect bundled they probably would've surpassed Nintendo's WW total or be very close by now.

$499.99 is simply too expensive for a game console and it's hard to gain momentum after a slow period.