By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Why aren't there any female users on this site anymore?

amp316 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
It's all part of my master plan to turn every user gay (well the cute ones at least).

I am married.

We'll settle for Sean Connery then.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/114857/thesonygirl1/#content

We got a girl! I report! We got a girl! Highly suspicious, but still!

What site is VGirlz? I can't find it with google.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

TruckOSaurus said:
amp316 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
It's all part of my master plan to turn every user gay (well the cute ones at least).

I am married.

So am I

And there goes my fantasy of being turned gay by Trucks

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
curl-6 said:
The pervasive sexist culture of gaming in general actively discourages and punishes female participation.

This. Everyone; read this. I'm actually kinda sick and tired of gaming culture since it's sexistic as fuck, both among gamers and developers. You've seen Samus Arans latest outfit in SMash right? That's what's wrong with the gaming industry as a whole. It's abigger issue than the AAA industry

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
amp316 said:
Long story short. It was all because of a joke that Galaki made about PMS when a female (I think that it was Marucha) typed PMs in a thread title. It wasn't an offensive joke at all but she flew off of the handle, told off all of the mods because nothing was done, took off with some of her female friends, and created her own site called VGirlz which ironically doesn't allow men (not that that's sexist or anything).

So basically it's all Galaki's fault.

I almost forgot that it happened.. it spawned this thread: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=159056

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

JayWood2010 said:
amp316 said:
Long story short. It was all because of a joke that Galaki made about PMS when a female (I think that it was Marucha) typed PMs in a thread title. It wasn't an offensive joke at all but she flew off of the handle, told off all of the mods because nothing was done, took off with some of her female friends, and created her own site called VGirlz which ironically doesn't allow men (not that that's sexist or anything).

So basically it's all Galaki's fault.

Not exactly how that went.  She asked for sexist jokes to stop as it isnt funny to the her or others.  The PMs  joke is hardly the only exmple of sexist jokes on this forum. I could easily find other examples which never gets moderated even though as Marucha pointed out, is against the rules.

Beyond that there was males on the site that was invited including me, BananaKing, nintendoPie as well as others.  The site was locked down as she wanted to work out all the kinks before opening it up to the public

And its kind of hard to tell somebody what they should and shouldnt be offended by since you arent that person.  And seeing how she wasnt the only person who disagreed with the mods id hardly say she is wrong for how she felt

But the problem was that she couldn't come up with any other examples when asked.  I remember that thread well actually.  

Now I'm not saying that sexism hasn't, doesn't, or won't ever happen again here, but she wasn't giving any more examples to help her case.

And please...  there was nothing offensive about that joke.  And if she was offended by that then she probably gets offended by things like the color red.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
Conegamer said:
Actually, I was invited to VGirlz as well.

Is this really something that you should be admitting?

I...don't know actually.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
What site is VGirlz? I can't find it with google.

Turn the safe search off... :P Maybe...Like many have mentioned, sexism is too high on the interwebs sometime.

I mean long side this thread there is another about Samus (a strong female role model) in not much at all (as a selling point).

Hmm, pie.

DanneSandin said:
curl-6 said:
The pervasive sexist culture of gaming in general actively discourages and punishes female participation.

This. Everyone; read this. I'm actually kinda sick and tired of gaming culture since it's sexistic as fuck, both among gamers and developers. You've seen Samus Arans latest outfit in SMash right? That's what's wrong with the gaming industry as a whole. It's abigger issue than the AAA industry

Samus' "new" outfits first appeared in Zero Mission and Fusion, so I don't see the problem here! :S

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---