By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bloodborne to be less 'punishing' aiming for a 'wider audience'

I want to be punished. I want to die over and over and over and over again.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

I played it today, it is in no way as hard as Dark Souls...

Hopefully they have a mega hard mode called the "Souls Mode" so those that enjoyed the curbstomping the Souls games gave to them can still get their fix.

Thanks jlmurph!

walsufnir said:

Sounds like a good place to jump in to that kind of game for me then.  What was it like graphics and frame rate wise?

BreedinBull said:
Hopefully they have a mega hard mode called the "Souls Mode" so those that enjoyed the curbstomping the Souls games gave to them can still get their fix.

You could choose between normal and hard, changing your weapons, your speed and a little bit the health on enemies. Even on hard I easily survived until the boss.

Around the Network
celador said:
walsufnir said:

Sounds like a good place to jump in to that kind of game for me then.  What was it like graphics and frame rate wise?

Oh, it definitely was an alpha build. Some bad textures, aliasing, missing detail and a crappy framerate but I am ok with that, almost all games were early builds.

Overall graphics look awesome, really. It has some very good artstyle and the setting is very nice!

Well if its like the Souls series it will hopefully ramp up in difficulty each playthrough.
Anyway thats good news for me as I never finished Demons Souls because grinding got boring and I wasnt progressing.

Just give people the choice is all, nothing wrong with that. If you want to punished, have a standard Demon Souls type of hard mode and for new comers a lesser difficulty mode.

walsufnir said:

Keep in mind they always lower the difficulty for public demos. 

Anyways, how was it?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

That's great. Getting killed over and over is not my kind of fun. Now that I know that I can get through the game with minimal frustration, I'll surely consider buying it.