By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bloodborne to be less 'punishing' aiming for a 'wider audience'

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/08/13/gamescom-the-fear-is-real-in-playstation-4s-bloodborne

fear not and dont listen to bs , game will be hard , if they add an more easy mode good for the people that want that, like pokoko said less punishing =/= " its easy now , they ruined it for me ! "

He must have played a different demo than me and others.

"

Around nearly every corner is a new obstacle to overcome, a new enemy (or enemies) charging at you, something to dodge, avoid, or slay."

Yes, but you can see them if you are careful, before. Generally wait, dodge, attack gets you every enemy down quite easy. There was only one guy who was shooting at you from the top where you had to reach him first but even this wasn't that hard to figure out and solve.

Perhaps I am not the right person to judge it as I played Dark Souls but the game is definitely easier than anything Souls and believe me, people I watched playing didn't die as often as the IGN guy.

Around the Network

Good news for me.
I loved the combat in demons souls but never had the time to experience everything the game had to offer.

I hope they add some arena based co-op which you can have a quick game of, like in soul sacrifice.

hrm,.. well that's not good news.

..but this isn't a sequel to the souls series.  it is a new IP and despite some similarities there are also some obvious differences in how it plays.  so long as the reviews say it is a good game i can deal with it not focusing on crushingly hard difficulty.    ..but i hope that means dark souls 3 will come along and still be crushingly hard.

walsufnir said:
VanceIX said:
Different difficulty levels.

Problem solved.

Again, even hard mode wasn't a challenge to gamers on Gamescom. But it was an early build and such a game can easily made more difficult.

I realize that. There should be 2 extra levels over that (very hard and insane). That should make most people happy.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

walsufnir said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/08/13/gamescom-the-fear-is-real-in-playstation-4s-bloodborne

fear not and dont listen to bs , game will be hard , if they add an more easy mode good for the people that want that, like pokoko said less punishing =/= " its easy now , they ruined it for me ! "

"

Around nearly every corner is a new obstacle to overcome, a new enemy (or enemies) charging at you, something to dodge, avoid, or slay."

Yes, but you can see them if you are careful, before. Generally wait, dodge, attack gets you every enemy down quite easy. There was only one guy who was shooting at you from the top where you had to reach him first but even this wasn't that hard to figure out and solve.

Perhaps I am not the right person to judge it as I played Dark Souls but the game is definitely easier than anything Souls and believe me, people I watched playing didn't die as often as the IGN guy.

From the article in the OP

"Yamagiwa warned that players testing Bloodborne at gamescom should not “get too disappointed that it’s too easy”: the public demo has been toned down in difficulty compared to the retail version as From wants players to experience the full demo."

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
walsufnir said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

"

"Yamagiwa warned that players testing Bloodborne at gamescom should not “get too disappointed that it’s too easy”: the public demo has been toned down in difficulty compared to the retail version as From wants players to experience the full demo."

So what? Did the IGN guy play at Gamescom or didn't he? I did. If he played the same demo and got this experience, well... Otherwise he *must* have played another demo.

Difficulty != unfair punishiment

Something difficult = Defeat Flamelurker with melee.

Unfair punishment = Dark souls 2 hitboxes.

walsufnir said:
DerNebel said:

So what? Did the IGN guy play at Gamescom or didn't he? I did. If he played the same demo and got this experience, well... Otherwise he *must* have played another demo.

I meant this more in general, since you keep commenting saying that the demo was easier than the past Souls games.

Colin Moriarty is a huge PS fanboy, he was always going to be very positive about this.

That means I'm getting it.

Damn it. That's the point of Dark souls though! Persevering over huge challenges.