By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bloodborne to be less 'punishing' aiming for a 'wider audience'

My friend will hate it, but now I will actually play this one. Means I will play with him like he always wanted me to do. Expanded audience for Bloodbourne right there!

Around the Network

A difficulty setting won't work because these games usually have online components like co-op and player versus player. If someone is easymoding the game and gets all the loot exp just handed to them and then jumps into another guy's game who is playing on the hardest difficulty and gets one shotted how is that fair? Obviously an exaggeration but you get what I am saying.

I was one of those people who did not enjoy DS2 so much because it got a hit in difficulty, most of the bosses I could clear from the first try... I loved in DS and DS that trying and trying made me beat the bosses with a huge feel of achievement.......Weird their was already a backslash from fans with DS2 so downgrading the difficulty will not be welcome..

The more I hear about the game, the more excited I get.

GamechaserBE said:
I was one of those people who did not enjoy DS2 so much because it got a hit in difficulty, most of the bosses I could clear from the first try... I loved in DS and DS that trying and trying made me beat the bosses with a huge feel of achievement.......Weird their was already a backslash from fans with DS2 so downgrading the difficulty will not be welcome..

Dead Space 3 was too easy. I agree!

Around the Network

Even if they try to make it easier, it'll just get harder on NG+.

If Bloodborne is a new IP it doesnt have to be stuck with the formulas of the souls series, so its probably best not to assume it will be like the souls series.
Im ok if its not as hard as the souls games, they were often frustrating to me and it was everything except the difficulty that kept me going.

This I actually like. As much as I enjoyed Demon's Souls, that game kicked my ass. Challenging games are fun, but when it becomes that challenging, the enjoyment starts to go away. I am loving how this title looks so far. Can't wait to play it.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

if they really decreased the difficulty then... what a stupid decision... the whole concept behind this games is the DIFFICULTY and therefore the sense of reward or accomplishment that you get by playing and completing the game... that's the SOUL of this games...

i really hope its only a minor decrease in the difficulty, at least they admitted that they toned down the difficulty for the gamescom demo, so the people saying that they didn't found it as hard didn't really play the "real" game at the actual difficulty that it should be played at.

I don't want to be that guy but I don't want all the casual people playing it. But eh if it sells more copies then whatever -__-