By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Something Xbox gamers are now saying

walsufnir said:

No, sure people also choose a console instead of the other for exclusives - it's just not what I do, it's a part of my decision but not the only.

I don't know how one would remove games from lists when they are not available on the other platform but I couldn't care less, to be honest. I had a lot of fun with Mass Effect 3 although it was multiplat. I also had a lot of fun with Forza Horizon 2. And I didn't have more fun with it because it was exclusive but because to me it was a better game (as I like racing games more than shooters ;)).

I think it's bad that this is such a deal nowadays and that the tone in discussions is getting so rough currently.

And let's hope that Xbone sales won't go even further down because then we have a monopole which no one really should support in any way.

Yes, but that's what YOU would do. There are lots of gamers that don't think like you.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
walsufnir said:

No, sure people also choose a console instead of the other for exclusives - it's just not what I do, it's a part of my decision but not the only.

I don't know how one would remove games from lists when they are not available on the other platform but I couldn't care less, to be honest. I had a lot of fun with Mass Effect 3 although it was multiplat. I also had a lot of fun with Forza Horizon 2. And I didn't have more fun with it because it was exclusive but because to me it was a better game (as I like racing games more than shooters ;)).

I think it's bad that this is such a deal nowadays and that the tone in discussions is getting so rough currently.

And let's hope that Xbone sales won't go even further down because then we have a monopole which no one really should support in any way.

You had so much fun that you even forgot that it hasn't released yet?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Wright said:
Nicklesbe said:
What if instead we generalize and say nice things about each other? Like all Xbox fans are made of candy, and I like your wizard hat.

But I don't like candy...

How the hell can you not like candies?!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Ninsect said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Ninsect said:

MS have so little to do with PC gaming it's hilarious to see such arguments.

Ms has a lot to do with pc gaming. Misguided statement by leaps and bounds.

No, they really don't. MS abandoned PC gaming long ago and is only now trying to slowly re-enter the market. If PC gaming relied on MS the entire market would have collapsed long ago.

Valve might have saved pc gaming but comanies still need to use windows, and windows live for some god awful reason is still around. Ms has drivers for their controller on pc, theyve published pc games. If ms hadnt published some exclusives some would not have even made it to pc. Even fables whole franchise made it to pc. MS doesnt have stellar first party so stating fables core franchise was ported to pc shows support. MS is always using pc companies to try and make a trilogy for them. Epic, silicon knights and crytek are known to pc gamers.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Ninsect said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Ninsect said:

No, they really don't. MS abandoned PC gaming long ago and is only now trying to slowly re-enter the market. If PC gaming relied on MS the entire market would have collapsed long ago.

Valve might have saved pc gaming but comanies still need to use windows, and windows live for some god awful reason is still around. Ms has drivers for their controller on pc, theyve published pc games. If ms hadnt published some exclusives some would not have even made it to pc. Even fables whole franchise made it to pc. MS doesnt have stellar first party so stating fables core franchise was ported to pc shows support. MS is always using pc companies to try and make a trilogy for them. Epic, silicon knights and crytek are known to pc gamers.

Valve didn't save PC gaming. They just kept it going and helped it grow. But as I said, MS did nothing. Windows doesn't count as doing something for gaming, other companies are mostly responsible for gaming working well on windows (drivers, programs, hardware etc.).

Publishing a few games on PC still doesn't bring them from "little to do with PC gaming"-status

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
Ninsect said:

Valve didn't save PC gaming. They just kept it going and helped it grow. But as I said, MS did nothing. Windows doesn't count as doing something for gaming, other companies are mostly responsible for gaming working well on windows (drivers, programs, hardware etc.).

Publishing a few games on PC still doesn't bring them from "little to do with PC gaming"-status

Wait... so in your opinion what saved pc gaming? (Im on my cell mods. Cant cut my quote tree.)

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Wait... so in your opinion what saved pc gaming? (Im on my cell mods. Cant cut my quote tree.)

Why does it have to be that someone "saved" PC gaming?  A specific sector of something can be improved and expanded upon for the sake of making it better without a need to save it.  I always thought that PC gaming was healthy enough to survive. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Ninsect said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Ninsect said:

Lionhead studios brought some of the fable games to PC as well as mac. Not MS. Same with Epic and Crytek and Silicon knights. They made great games for PC and Mac. Then windows aquiered them/worked with them which arguably did them more harm. It caused Silicon knights to close down, It caused lionhead to lose Peter molynoux which lead to the Fable franchise turning into complete shit. It also caused the decline of Epic. When they worked on their own they built the badd-ass unreal engine. When they worked with windows they were forced to make the compariably shite gears of war. Much like Epic Crytek has been making great games and software for years for PC mac and linux without the support of microsoft. Tho like epic they have worked with them from time time. Also MS never built any drivers for PC controler. They may have purchased the use of drivers for the Xb and used them on PC but all they did was get existing controller drivers to work with their controller.      

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

teigaga said:
Consoles and PCs are not in direct competition. There is of course some cross over but the majority of people I know are console gamers pure and simple...

This. If exclusives mattered so much between PC and consoles, no one would own consoles because PC has always had way more quality exclusives and always will. It's the same argument Xbox gamers used last gen when a large chunk of their exclusives were also on PC, and you saw the same thing this gen from Sony users with all the timed exclusive and PC port games PS4 has but Xbox One doesn't. It might make for a longer forum post in console warz but it doesn't affect sales much, if at all. I mean, there is a reason MS doesn't lock down the IP's here, and doesn't mind PC releases down the line. And there's a reason Sony puts a big emphasis on a library of PC ports and timed exclusives that will make their way to PC. They know there is very little overlap.

Ninsect said:
walsufnir said:

You had so much fun that you even forgot that it hasn't released yet?

Oh yes, that happens when you watched a video about the game before. Obvious typo.