By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Something Xbox gamers are now saying

Reaper2170 said:
Chris Hu said:
Reaper2170 said:
Microsoft exclusive is stupid because almost every gamer has a Windows PC they can play games on. Less incentive to buy their console as why have two devices than can play the same thing.

Nope most people either do most of their gaming on PC or consoles there are very few people that play a lot of games on both platforms.



I wouldn't be so sure, most people I know use both, they play the games they can on console but have to use their PC to play a lot of their favourite MMO's, MOBA's and other experiences which can only be found on PC's. I do this myself, can't play WoW on my PS3 can I?

MMORPG's are nowhere as popular as they used to be, so again most people either do most of their gaming on PC or consoles and very few people game on both.  Of course their are a lot of people that only play games on either consoles or PC's.



Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
Reaper2170 said:
Chris Hu said:
Reaper2170 said:
Microsoft exclusive is stupid because almost every gamer has a Windows PC they can play games on. Less incentive to buy their console as why have two devices than can play the same thing.

Nope most people either do most of their gaming on PC or consoles there are very few people that play a lot of games on both platforms.



I wouldn't be so sure, most people I know use both, they play the games they can on console but have to use their PC to play a lot of their favourite MMO's, MOBA's and other experiences which can only be found on PC's. I do this myself, can't play WoW on my PS3 can I?

MMORPG's are nowhere as popular as they used to be, so again most people either do most of their gaming on PC or consoles and very few people game on both.  Of course their are a lot of people that only play games on either consoles or PC's.

Lets say the majority do, wouldn't it still be a major blow for the Xbox because there's probably quite a few people who aren't willing to buy a gaming PC due to the exclusives they'll miss out on like Halo, Gears and Forza. But if they were also released on PC I'm sure the decision to move would be made a lot easier (especially with the benefits of a PC, not going to mention them since you have probably heard them hundreds of times). I know it might not make as big of an impact as some say it would but it would definitely impact them.

Reaper2170 said:
Chris Hu said:
Reaper2170 said:
Chris Hu said:
Reaper2170 said:
Microsoft exclusive is stupid because almost every gamer has a Windows PC they can play games on. Less incentive to buy their console as why have two devices than can play the same thing.

Nope most people either do most of their gaming on PC or consoles there are very few people that play a lot of games on both platforms.



I wouldn't be so sure, most people I know use both, they play the games they can on console but have to use their PC to play a lot of their favourite MMO's, MOBA's and other experiences which can only be found on PC's. I do this myself, can't play WoW on my PS3 can I?

MMORPG's are nowhere as popular as they used to be, so again most people either do most of their gaming on PC or consoles and very few people game on both.  Of course their are a lot of people that only play games on either consoles or PC's.

Lets say the majority do, wouldn't it still be a major blow for the Xbox because there's probably quite a few people who aren't willing to buy a gaming PC due to the exclusives they'll miss out on like Halo, Gears and Forza. But if they were also released on PC I'm sure the decision to move would be made a lot easier (especially with the benefits of a PC, not going to mention them since you have probably heard them hundreds of times). I know it might not make as big of an impact as some say it would but it would definitely impact them.

The next Gears will never come to the PC I doubt Forza will ever end up on PC either and the recent news that Halo would come back to the PC was bogus also.  Also playing a game that used to be on the 360 or X1 on the PC is not the same as playing it on XBL.



Better end that quote tree before we get in trouble ahaha, and yeah I agree that those games will remain Xbox exclusive. I was just thinking of the consequences IF that happened.



Mystro-Sama said:
Utterly ridiculous. Exclusives are the main selling point for consoles. Remove them and expect your console to fail. This is a self destructive move and MS will soon realise it when they look at their sales figures.

There is nothing MS can do as these are 3rd party exclusives. They are owned by the developers or publishers. Ryse 2 and Dead Rising 3 or 4 could quite easily appear on the PS4. In future I think many of these 3rd party exclusives appearing on PS4. No one is gonna pass up selling on the leading platform? Ryse and Dead Rising 3 would have easily doubled or tripled sales if they were on both!



Around the Network
Madword said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Why? They already spent enough to not have it on Playstation.

More games on Windows deters people from moving to SteamOS as well.

To be honest it's too late for MS in terms of detering people from that market... Steam is the defacto place to buy PC games online.


I said SteamOS, not Steam.



Recently Completed
Rage 2
for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Madword said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Why? They already spent enough to not have it on Playstation.

More games on Windows deters people from moving to SteamOS as well.

To be honest it's too late for MS in terms of detering people from that market... Steam is the defacto place to buy PC games online.


I said SteamOS, not Steam.

Ah fair enough didnt notice that OS bit ;)

Yeah not personally sure of Steam OS, would rather have AmigaOS... but they dont seem to be getting anywhere with it :D



Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Ali_16x said:

So we know that Ryse Son of Rome is coming to PC, just like Dead Rising 3. So since it was announced, and I never saw this when Dead Rising 3 was announced for PC, Xbox gamers are now saying, "well atleast it's MICROSOFT exclusive", and by Microsoft they are talking about PC. Microsoft isn't getting any money from Dead Rising 3 PC sales nor Ryse Son of Rome PC sales. But I swear, every forum, website, Youtube video related to this announcement I saw people saying "atleast it's Microsoft exclusive" , "PC = Microsoft"and this is something I've NEVER seen before, I've never seen people say something like this I am truly astonished by how many people are starting to say this.

Now I find this absolutely stupid. It's like your saying they get money for the games, which they don't or you're saying that just because you are using Windows, just like I am you are paying Microsoft. Nope, I didn't pay Microsoft a cent for Windows, the manufacturer pays them. But sure they do still get money, so? Paying for windows, which really isn't even paying them, is not the same as them getting money for the games that are published on PC. I have been laughing so much today, seriously. They are losing Xbox One exclusives left and right and what they're saying is just absolutely stupid.

I'm a Xbox gamer you wanna say something to me? Sony puppet >:(

 

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer




Mr Puggsly said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

PlayStation competes with all Consoles.

Sony controls SOE, so they would not allow SOE to put games on competing consoles.


Right, but they allow SOE to put games on Windows because they perceive it as neutral ground.

This is my final response on this topic. I'm bored of repeating this fact.

Its not that its neutral ground, its that its a different platform entirely from consoles. Since Sony does not have an OS, SOE can put the games on any PC OS, Windows is just the most popular so it make sense to prioritize it.



In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Anyway, these games are not exclusive anymore, and everyone would have said that one year ago, but now X1 is losing all exclusives, we invented the term " console exclusive " to make it look better. But that doesnt change the reality.



Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

 PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m