By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Something Xbox gamers are now saying

Mr Puggsly said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

PlayStation competes with all Consoles.

Sony controls SOE, so they would not allow SOE to put games on competing consoles.

Right, but they allow SOE to put games on Windows because they perceive it as neutral ground.

This is my final response on this topic. I'm bored of repeating this fact.

Its not that its neutral ground, its that its a different platform entirely from consoles. Since Sony does not have an OS, SOE can put the games on any PC OS, Windows is just the most popular so it make sense to prioritize it.

Why does Sony develop for Android but not 3DS? Another example of what Sony considers neutral ground.

Ew who drew that? It's horrible.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

PlayStation competes with all Consoles.

Sony controls SOE, so they would not allow SOE to put games on competing consoles.

Right, but they allow SOE to put games on Windows because they perceive it as neutral ground.

This is my final response on this topic. I'm bored of repeating this fact.

Its not that its neutral ground, its that its a different platform entirely from consoles. Since Sony does not have an OS, SOE can put the games on any PC OS, Windows is just the most popular so it make sense to prioritize it.

Why does Sony develop for Android but not 3DS? Another example of what Sony considers neutral ground.

This is seriously not that hard to understand.

This whole Neutral ground lingo is evident of taking this Console Warz thing way too seriously.

Sony is a hardware company, they own SOE which is a game development company that prioritizes online games for PC.

As such, Sony provides hardware, and uses Android as their OS, its not the other way around, Google doesn't make phones, Sony does.

That alone shows why it makes no sense for them to have produced the hardware for the 3DS.

That and the fact that the 3DS is owned by Nintendo who is competing with PlayStation. Microsoft, is a software company, they are not competing with Sony which is a hardware company, that LG, Samsung, Phillips, etc...Xbox however, is competing with PlayStation, so they will not allow SOE to publish on it.

The concept of "Neutral Ground" is ridiculous

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Mr Puggsly said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

That drawing is just....... wow!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

How about as long as one doesn't have to buy/own an XBO in order to play X game it really doesn't matter whether it's on another competing platform?

I don't expect Xbox fanatics to see it this way. My expectations aren't that high.