By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are the Wii U versions of multiplats better?

What multiplats, don't seem to recall any.....

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Toats depends on how tablet is utlize for example Wii U has the definitive editions of ACU, Watch_Dogs, Mario Kart 8, and Rayman Legends, GTA V, any game that utilizes a phone really.

Unreleased version of Watch Dogs & GTA V are the definitive editions?

Totally has the definitive edition of multplatform Mario Kart 8 though.

My 8th gen collection

Ka-pi96 said:
IMO Wii U has the very worst version of multiplats. No achievements/trophies = bad game to me.

I'm the opposite, Trophies/Achievements take away from games for me. I hope Nintendo never embraces them.

curl-6 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
IMO Wii U has the very worst version of multiplats. No achievements/trophies = bad game to me.

I'm the opposite, Trophies/Achievements take away from games for me. I hope Nintendo never embraces them.

Interesting perspective. Why do you think that? Many games have achievement/trophy-like elements, including many Nintendo games I'm sure. They're just called different things in each game. I think achievements/trophies can be poorly implemented in games, which makes getting them a grind and a chore and take away from the enjoyment of the game. But in many cases they are a worthy challenge and add to the game. Unfortunately too many games have either auto-trophies, which simply get awarded as you progress through the game, so they are pretty meaningless, or they reqire hours of mindless grinding. So most developers have not figured out the optimum way of implementing trophies. But I like them as a concept.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

The WiiU does have the best version of Rayman Legends ( love that game), but I can't really think of other games which are much better on the WiiU! :-/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
AZWification said:

The WiiU does have the best version of Rayman Legends ( love that game), but I can't really think of other games which are much better on the WiiU! :-/

I actually like how gamepad incorporated in Deus Ex/Batman Archam City/Darksiders2. Tekken runs smoother on WiiU comparing to X360 (no resolution lowering). NFS Undercover is a good old example. COD wins local multiplayer with TV+Upad mode. Rayman Legends is obvious. Was it any more significent multi games on WiiU?

binary solo said:
curl-6 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Interesting perspective. Why do you think that? Many games have achievement/trophy-like elements, including many Nintendo games I'm sure. They're just called different things in each game. I think achievements/trophies can be poorly implemented in games, which makes getting them a grind and a chore and take away from the enjoyment of the game. But in many cases they are a worthy challenge and add to the game. Unfortunately too many games have either auto-trophies, which simply get awarded as you progress through the game, so they are pretty meaningless, or they reqire hours of mindless grinding. So most developers have not figured out the optimum way of implementing trophies. But I like them as a concept.

There's a huge difference between acievement/trophy-like elements in a game and a global achievement/trophy system.

The former is fine, they can be tailored to suitable games, and omitted from those that don't benefit from, or are worse off for, having them.

The latter causes all of the problems you mentioned, shoehorning achievement euphoria into the most mundane of activities takes away any real accomplishment, enforcing the "everone's a winner" mentality that will ensure current and future generations struggle to even achieve a life of somewhat mediocrity.

But without a global achievement/trophy system, we wouldn't be able to show off our magnificent e-penises.

The only game I like better on Wii U than PC is Deus Ex: Director's Cut. I'm playing through it now and the gamepad is used really well.

binary solo said:
curl-6 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I personally find them distracting, immersion-breaking, and patronizing. It's like getting a pat on the head every time I do something right.

I think alot of multiplats are far better on WiiU when they make good use of the tablet in a useful way. I prefer the XBox controller and the exclusives on XBox but I am interested in WiiU simply because it offers alot on the table. And yes, fps and resolution isn´t half as important as actual quality gameplay and content, weird isn´t it? :)