By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are the Wii U versions of multiplats better?

I can only think of Rayman Legends. As for other titles I dont think so. I had to buy Black Flag and Mass Effect 3 on PC to get the proper experience after being let down with the Wii U ports.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

It really boils down to extra content or gamepad integration. Few games implement those features well enough to lure me from other platforms.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

It's better because of Miiverse.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Wii U has multiplats!?

Are there multiplats on Wii U? Never seen Mortal Kombat X, Tekken 7, Sleeping Dogs, Resident Evil Remastered, ... Wii U announcements....

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
curl-6 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
IMO Wii U has the very worst version of multiplats. No achievements/trophies = bad game to me.

I'm the opposite, Trophies/Achievements take away from games for me. I hope Nintendo never embraces them.

While i respect that this is your opinion, just wanted to point out how I never understand people that say this. For lack of a better description it usually comes off to me as "well, since nintendo doesn't have it, I will just hate it so I don't care".

Every nintendo game, actualy scratch that, every game has some sort of trophy/achievement/milestone system in place. Like getting a certain number of coins in a mario game, or all the hearts in a zelda game, or the added things like beating the game in a certai time or a certain way or killing a boss without getting touched..etc.

All trophies/achievements does is that they take those in game milestones (that is usually put there to challenge a player or act as a tracker for a games completion status) and builds a ssytem around them that makes it possible to at a glance see everything you have or could have done in a game and compare with your friends if you want to. How any of this can be a bad thing is beyond me. There are bad implementations of trophies/achievements (grind based stuff) but I think overall it gives more than it takes.

To OP: This is a joke thread right?

You're right. But, in game challenges are fun to do. Thropies most of the time are totally worthless. You can cut out half of the list, in almost all games. Like the ones that are auto completed when you finish a level. That is gonna happen no matter what. Then the other dumb half is trhopies that are so hard to do, no ones does them. Especially online required ones. Here's a dumb trophie example. Lego Marvel Superheroes: Do all transformations for the Big Lego characters. (Hulk, Red Hulk, Stan Hulk) Really? I get a throphie that I'm gonna need to do anyway at some point. By just playing the game. A good thropie is: rescue Stand Lee in every level. Most of the time we're spammed with the dumb ones. Like you cleared this level. You beat this boss. That's the issue.

Only the late ports(some). Batman AC, NFSMW, Deus EX, NG3 were release months and year after the original and were better. COD ghost, AC3, FIFA were there day one and were most inferiors one.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

archer9234 said:

You're right. But, in game challenges are fun to do. Thropies most of the time are totally worthless. You can cut out half of the list, in almost all games. Like the ones that are auto completed when you finish a level. That is gonna happen no matter what. Then the other dumb half is trhopies that are so hard to do, no ones does them. Especially online required ones. Here's a dumb trophie example. Lego Marvel Superheroes: Do all transformations for the Big Lego characters. (Hulk, Red Hulk, Stan Hulk) Really? I get a throphie that I'm gonna need to do anyway at some point. By just playing the game. A good thropie is: rescue Stand Lee in every level. Most of the time we're spammed with the dumb ones. Like you cleared this level. You beat this boss. That's the issue.

I totally agree with you. There are some silly trophies that are just there cause they can be and some that i personally feel are there to frustrate you (and even the devs probably couldn't do them) or there as a ploy to prevent you from trading the game in. That being said, I still feel its one f those things that having them doesn't hurt you or the game.

Ka-pi96 said:

Even if they can be turned off/hidden?

I don't see why anyone would be against them, you don't like them but you don't have to participate in them, no reason why others shouldn't be able to though.

It doesn't speak much to a feature's value when their best asset is that they can be turned off.