By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony being sued over Killzone not being 1080p.

Zekkyou said:
NiKKoM said:

Not what the killzone devs say:
https://www.killzone.com/en_GB/blog/news/2014-03-06_regarding-killzone-shadow-fall-and-1080p.html

In Multiplayer mode, however, we use a technique called “temporal reprojection,” which combines pixels and motion vectors from multiple lower-resolution frames to reconstruct a full 1080p image. If native means that every part of the pipeline is 1080p then this technique is not native.

The dude sueing probably has that blog nicely printed out on cardboard to present to the judge..

"If native means that every part of the pipeline is 1080p"

He said IF you define it in that specific way, then it isn't. The general definition, however, is simply a displayed resolution that matches the source image. That's the one that would be brought up in court, not a hypothetical one used for the sake of expressing something.

i know.. But the lawsuit clearly states "not rendering at native 1080p" its not about the 1080p output.. These people who filled the lawsuit dif their homework

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Sony deserves it.

Mr Puggsly said:

Other developers don't claim their games are 720p when the native resolution is actually lower. 

Yes they do. Dozens upon dozens of games from different publishers.

Every game says "output" resolution on the back of the box. That's all there is. This guy has shit. No case. Also, Killzone is true native 1080p on the campaign. No game says its native resolution on the box or the description on the digital store, not a single game. And that's what you buy, not PR, nor journalism crap. Now if the box or the info about the game anywhere on a Sony store would say its native resolution is 1080p for the whole game, and it turns out it's not, then that would be false. Even then, they could still say the game is 1080p native without specifying it's only for the SP and that would still pass as true.

damn, americans sure do love making rediculous lawsuits.

Around the Network

........... . . . . . . . . . . . . I swear, if this case win for the favor of this gamer, this is doc. proof that you can sue over any little fucking petty thing. Sad man :/

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

I think this is very good for console gaming. Console gaming was never about numbers. Its PC gaming that is about numbers. PC is gaming is so much about numbers that they has lost fun from the game and get obsessed with numbers. Now both Microsoft and Sony will stop copying PC gaming (which is also impossible because of limited power of consoles) and concentrate on gaming. It will be a good lesson for everyone.

Murica...Fu-.....never mind

I'm usually against this kind of litigation, but in this case I'll make an exception; it'd be epic if he won.

Raziel123 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Other developers don't claim their games are 720p when the native resolution is actually lower. 

Yes they do. Dozens upon dozens of games from different publishers.

Got some examples?

I mean games that advertise a certain resolution but are actually below that. Don't just show me a game's case saying 720p.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)