By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony being sued over Killzone not being 1080p.

I don't really see the big deal. Technically it is native 1080p. It has 1080 lines and all of them are natively rendered. If anything the game isn't 60fps as only 30 full frames are rendered any given second.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

As stupid as it is, if there is Sony documentation stating the game is 1080p native and if the prosecution can argue that KZ multiplayer doesn't fit the conventional definition, he has a case. Even with all those ifs though unless the judge takes a particularly dim view of a large company 'misleading' impressionable customers, I don't think the 5 million is going to fly.

TheTwilightTriforce said:

Awesome!!! I hope with something like this game developer stop false advertising and consumer get what game developer advertise!!!

The game is in 1080p. Shadows are rendered in a lower res. Something every game does. I like how tiled reseources were amazing, but when guerilla employs a similar method, it's evil. Look up the ever beloved tiled resources, they're nearly the same thing. 

kowenicki said:
I really really HATE class actions like this.

That said, I think they may win this.

Some might say its semantics, but its also very clear what was said prior and what was said post are different.

Will be interesting to see. Then we'll finally have a precedence and a definitive definition of what and what doesn't constitute 1080p.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
kowenicki said:

Some might say its semantics, but its also very clear what was said prior and what was said post are different.

Will be interesting to see. Then we'll finally have a precedence and a definitive definition of what and what doesn't constitute 1080p.

it's a shame that in the US its about the money.. if it was in the EU they would slap hard like with the misleading "Free to Play" usage.. they just forbid anyone for using it when having in app purchases..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Aren't most games done on the promise of up to 1080p? the key words being 'Up To'. It's like ISPs saying up to 100mb when they mean about 50mb most the time, 100mb if you are lucky.

Also, this is surely instantly thrown out if they find any evidence that the knowledge of non-1080p for MP was made before release (which there surely is) and if Sony can prove they never said 1080p for multiplayer.

Also, he's a dick.

Hmm, pie.

If company advertises a product as doing something and that product is proven later to not do that thing then that is false advertising and the company can be held accountable.

kowenicki said:

I think they will just reach an out of court settlement. I don't think Sony would want to pay for legal fees and go through the hassle of going to court . 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Mumy company hired me for a wage of 1,5k/week. But they never pay fully. They always take away 1/3 and give to IRS and SS I'll sue them.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Mr Puggsly said:
Raziel123 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Other developers don't claim their games are 720p when the native resolution is actually lower. 

Yes they do. Dozens upon dozens of games from different publishers.

Got some examples?

I mean games that advertise a certain resolution but are actually below that. Don't just show me a game's case saying 720p.

That's what advertising is and why Sony is being sued.