By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony being sued over Killzone not being 1080p.

I am now inspired to sue my parents for forcing me to do Homework when I was a child, thanks America! Seriously, if this guy wins, welp, this country is going downhill from here to a Police State country.

I hate people.....

Around the Network

Are you allowed to sue if you don't actually own the game or console?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

stuffmakesmelol said:

I am now inspired to sue my parents for forcing me to do Homework when I was a child, thanks America! Seriously, if this guy wins, welp, this country is going downhill from here to a Police State country.

I hate people.....

Doing homework isn't quite the same as a company misleading people about the resolution in their product.

Going to court is a bit much. But maybe Sony brought it on themselves by misleading people.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

The guy is riding a high from a lawsuit payday, probably wants to try and hit it that button again.

Biggest give away? He claims he researched the purchase to find out if it was really 1080p before buying it. But this happened in may. 2 months AFTER the entire story broke about the whole temporal reprojection or whatever they call it.

If you google search killzone 1080p and set it up to ignore results from the past day, you pretty much get countless articles about the controversy.

This is about the equivalent of someone today taking up smoking, then suing the tobacco companies for the harmful effects.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

960x1080p is still 1080p, 1080 is only referring to how many vertical lines their is. Not like they said 1920x1080p, but only 1080p. Even then KZ SF actually gives you a full 1920x1080p image, just 960x1080p of it was in realtime and the other bit of the image was in the last frame it rendered, so long as you can't turn super duper fast (you can't) you'll never notice even more so when the game is running at 60fps. Still its 1080p even if it didn't reuse pixels from the last frame, but since it does it its a full 1920x1080p image just not a full real time 1920x1080p image, which is still 1080p..

Around the Network

Oh wow, I'm sure the multiplayer not being true 1080p caused so much damage and emotional trauma. FML man, what is wrong with you society? :P

DD_Bwest said:
He claims he researched the purchase to find out if it was really 1080p before buying it. But this happened in may. 2 months AFTER the entire story broke about the whole temporal reprojection or whatever they call it. 

But you know what didn't happen? Justice!

I say throw the book at Sony. Lets get them to settle for another $15 million worth of digital crap.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
DD_Bwest said:
He claims he researched the purchase to find out if it was really 1080p before buying it. But this happened in may. 2 months AFTER the entire story broke about the whole temporal reprojection or whatever they call it. 

But you know what didn't happen? Justice!

I say throw the book at Sony. Lets get them to settle for another $15 million worth of digital crap.

oh please this is nothing..  Ubisoft and the shit they pulled with watch dogs is a thousand times worse.    KZ actually looked like its e3 show,  and technically is rendering a 1080p image its just using a trick to do it.  so the image doesnt really get upscaled.   Watchdogs on the other hand is virtually an entire different game in comparison to the shit they showed.

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

"I used to be a huge Sony fan", said Mr. Ladore in a recent Fox News interview. "I waited in line at launch for 36 hours in freezing rain, sleet and snow during a vicious Swine Flu outbreak just to put my hands on a PS4 console, along with Killzone and Angry Birds games. I was ready to leap into the next generation with all its high definition peas"

"Killzone was a magnificent game. I played it so much, went through the campaign three times, and played over 250 hours of multiplayer. I told all my friends to buy it, so we can play together. I told them it looked fantastic, that it is the greatest next-gen experience ever."

"And then, several months later, I stumbled upon an article that said Killzone doesn't have 1080 peas! I was shocked." Said Mr. Ladore, tears shyly trickling down his cheek. "Sony promised me 1080 peas, and I thought that they delivered until I've read otherwise. I had no idea that they decided to withhold some peas."

"My friends started ridiculing me, called me a pea-brained Pee-Wee, and even refused to like my shared Killzone screenshots on Facebook."

"I blame Sony for deceiving me, and making me think the resolution was higher. I would have never noticed that had a journalist not written that on their web page."

"This experience has emotionally scarred me for life. I can no longer fully pee, but always stop short and then have the rest sprinkle my underwear, resulting in my mom yelling at me that she needs to use extra detergent and softener, hurting our already tiny hygiene budget. I therefore demand one billion dollars from Sony for all psychological and material damages they have cause me."

Burek said:

"I used to be a huge Sony fan", said Mr. Ladore in a recent Fox News interview. "I waited in line at launch for 36 hours in freezing rain, sleet and snow during a vicious Swine Flu outbreak just to put my hands on a PS4 console, along with Killzone and Angry Birds games. I was ready to leap into the next generation with all its high definition peas"

"Killzone was a magnificent game. I played it so much, went through the campaign three times, and played over 250 hours of multiplayer. I told all my friends to buy it, so we can play together. I told them it looked fantastic, that it is the greatest next-gen experience ever."

"And then, several months later, I stumbled upon an article that said Killzone doesn't have 1080 peas! I was shocked." Said Mr. Ladore, tears shyly trickling down his cheek. "Sony promised me 1080 peas, and I thought that they delivered until I've read otherwise. I had no idea that they decided to withhold some peas."

"My friends started ridiculing me, called me a pea-brained Pee-Wee, and even refused to like my shared Killzone screenshots on Facebook."

"I blame Sony for deceiving me, and making me think the resolution was higher. I would have never noticed that had a journalist not written that on their web page."

"This experience has emotionally scarred me for life. I can no longer fully pee, but always stop short and then have the rest sprinkle my underwear, resulting in my mom yelling at me that she needs to use extra detergent and softener, hurting our already tiny hygiene budget. I therefore demand one billion dollars from Sony for all psychological and material damages they have cause me."

this is a joke right?   lol please tell me this a joke