By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony being sued over Killzone not being 1080p.

PattonFiend said:
Suing a company that lies is what is wrong with America, huh?

I am pretty sure it is our corrupted government who steals trillions of dollars from us and then murders foreign nationals all over the globe on a daily basis. I guess I should also mention the billions of people the US government illegally spies on but no, what's wrong with America is suing a company who almost MONTHLY, gets caught lying about the resolution of their games and other shady practices.

Glad you cleared that up for me. I was almost worried about the wrong issues with my country... Whew.

I love this post. Start off strong with  serious accusation. HEADLINE: "Major corperation lieing to you! Tune in at 6 to find out how you have been mislead" Bring up actual problems with America. You know, to tie these similar offences together. Then throw out unsubstantiated things like how sony lies "almost monthly" about resolution in their games which essentially trivializes your original statement from "a company lieing" to "b-b-b-ut dey told me 1080pee native not rendered......" Then finish up strong with the shady comment which is so ambiguous and non descript bringing it full circle from Serious business, to joke, to serious business. Actually, the whole post is a joke.

Around the Network
steverhcp02 said:
PattonFiend said:
Suing a company that lies is what is wrong with America, huh?

I am pretty sure it is our corrupted government who steals trillions of dollars from us and then murders foreign nationals all over the globe on a daily basis. I guess I should also mention the billions of people the US government illegally spies on but no, what's wrong with America is suing a company who almost MONTHLY, gets caught lying about the resolution of their games and other shady practices.

Glad you cleared that up for me. I was almost worried about the wrong issues with my country... Whew.

I love this post. Start off strong with  serious accusation. HEADLINE: "Major corperation lieing to you! Tune in at 6 to find out how you have been mislead" Bring up actual problems with America. You know, to tie these similar offences together. Then throw out unsubstantiated things like how sony lies "almost monthly" about resolution in their games which essentially trivializes your original statement from "a company lieing" to "b-b-b-ut dey told me 1080pee native not rendered......" Then finish up strong with the shady comment which is so ambiguous and non descript bringing it full circle from Serious business, to joke, to serious business. Actually, the whole post is a joke.

Cool story, guy. You support liars and thieves. Good on ya!

Mr Puggsly said:
DD_Bwest said:

oh please this is nothing..  Ubisoft and the shit they pulled with watch dogs is a thousand times worse.    KZ actually looked like its e3 show,  and technically is rendering a 1080p image its just using a trick to do it.  so the image doesnt really get upscaled.   Watchdogs on the other hand is virtually an entire different game in comparison to the shit they showed.

If Watch Dogs looked a thousand times worse... then it would look like an Atari 2600 game or something. The final product looked roughly the same (especially on PC). Eitherway, you shouldn't make a purchase based on footage shown in 2012 for a game released in 2014.

Ubisoft was honest about the native resolution their game is running at and we were aware of the visual downgrades. Sony on the other hand mislead people just to boast 1080p.

Now that is definitely not true. The PC version of Watch Dogs was actually purposely gimped heavily. 

It looked nothing like its E3 reveal. It took some hackers and modders who looked into the games's engine and saw that the codes were changed to have parity with console versions. 

This lawsuit is awesome, I hope the guy actually wins the 5 million dollars... lol.

Of course this lawsuit is silly but having this guy win would really show just how ridiculous this whole 1080p nonsense is. It is a problem of Sony's own doing, writing checks that their a**es can't cash.

As bad as the lawsuit seems, this guy will probably get somethin out of it, most likely settle out of court. Recently one of the top players on Resogun was working his way up the leaderboards, and with the most recent patch it changed a lot about the way the game plays. Boost was changed some and the scoring elements changed. Anyway he posted on housemarque's forum asking for a contact for his lawyer on the legally stealing of his game, somethin to that extent. Anyway he ended up bragging on the forum later about he got 2 free controllers and a year of ps+

Around the Network

This is probably the stupidest lawsuit, how much money does it expect to get other than is $60.

overman1 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

If Watch Dogs looked a thousand times worse... then it would look like an Atari 2600 game or something. The final product looked roughly the same (especially on PC). Eitherway, you shouldn't make a purchase based on footage shown in 2012 for a game released in 2014.

Ubisoft was honest about the native resolution their game is running at and we were aware of the visual downgrades. Sony on the other hand mislead people just to boast 1080p.

Now that is definitely not true. The PC version of Watch Dogs was actually purposely gimped heavily. 

It looked nothing like its E3 reveal. It took some hackers and modders who looked into the games's engine and saw that the codes were changed to have parity with console versions. 

Go look at Digital Foundry's evaluation of the E3 video and final version.

I'm not denying the E3 video looked more polished, but the game still looked mostly the same. People exagerate the differences.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
overman1 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Go look at Digital Foundry's evaluation of the E3 video and final version.

I'm not denying the E3 video looked more polished, but the game still looked mostly the same. People exagerate the differences.

no one is saying the framerates and the resolution werent consistent...however the graphics of the game was definitely gimped for the consoles and PC versions to be be same....

overman1 said:

no one is saying the framerates and the resolution werent consistent...however the graphics of the game was definitely gimped for the consoles and PC versions to be be same....

Well people were disappointed by the console versions because of the resolution. Sony fans were most vocal about sub-1080p.

The PC versions still has the edge visually and not just in resolution. Anyhow, the gimped graphics are the least of the problem for that game. It still looks great, the game is the problem.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

are you guys being serious? they arent being sued for the game not being 1080p, theyre being sued for false advertising. you really think these game developers should be allowed to falsely advertise resolution? i cant believe people are actually defending this.