By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom Aiming To Reduce Development Cycles For Major Franchises and More

WagnerPaiva said:
AZWification said:

I've actually played DR3 at a friend's house ( I don't have a X1 myself yet..) and it's honestly the best Capcom game that has came out since the beginning of the decade! It's such a huge improvement over the first two games!

It really is, I played till the end and it is a blast since the start till the curtains drop. It feels a lot like a B horror movie from the 80s. Even the music is Dario Argento or George Romero like =D

Too bad that for every DR3 we get a RE6 and a Lost Planet 3!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Monster HUnter is still good and RE:Revelations was a decent RE game. Not all hope is lost.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

OneHappyGamer:) said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
If the quality stays the same Im fine with this.

#NintendoBuyCapcomB4TooLate.

I would really love it if Nintendo bought Capcom and game them a serious dose of Quality Control.

or in other words, I big slap in the face. like seriously, how can capcom think that what they are doing with their franchises and fanbase is a good idea? its like they're intentionally digging their own grave.

Essentially yes.  I think Capcom has a tonne of talent and can make great games and have great franchises.  They have also shown a knack for trying out new game ideas and IPs.  But they seem to lack overall direction and have done poorly recently with very established brands like RE, Mega Man and DMC.  Nintendo is great at nurturing and maintaining an IP.

Capcom could use with some IP splitting, then again I'd rather they not split up their catalog of titles. It's what works for them in Japan.

Secondly, Capcom just doesn't have the budget to create PS4/PS3, 360, Xbox One games. Games like Dead Rising 3 are mainly funded by whoever gives them money for that platform. Capcom won't slip in to obscurity, but I don't seen them making games by themselves too much in the future until they have major amounts of cash on hand.

WagnerPaiva said:

I am ready for another dose of Resident Evil, it cannot get any worst than 6, bring it on! I will buy day one as always =D

same here. Personally i had RE5 in my top 5 of last gen games, and the Co-op experience was/is a big win for me!

sheesh, now i wanna play some Mercenaries!

Around the Network

Megaman hadn't even reached its full potential. It is so sad that a company mascot be treated so bad. They release SSFIV billions of times but won't give their (used to be) biggest IP the time of day. And all we get is stupid 8 bit projects. And even worse Keiji Inafune is gone so he can't use Megaman anymore. Capcom is done, put a sword in it. I mean come on that's like Sega downing sonic as their mascot and Nintendo that doesn't release a mario game every other year.

Ljink96 said: Nintendo that doesn't release a mario game every other year.

Every other year? More like 7 times a year...

KLXVER said:

Well, at least it's working and they know their mascot. I just want to know what happened to Mega Man. That should be a documentary. Maybe Smash Bros. will generate Megaman revivals.

Ljink96 said:
KLXVER said:

Well, at least it's working and they know their mascot. I just want to know what happened to Mega Man. That should be a documentary. Maybe Smash Bros. will generate Megaman revivals.

Keiji Inafune pretty much had to fight with Capcom to get a Mega Man game made. With him gone, theres no one to fight for it.

Well there gonna increase development after release and sell them as dlc.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P