By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are people actually still satisfied with the 3DS? I'm not.

spemanig said:
Lucas-Rio said:

They aren't high budget like GTAV, but they are definitely high budget by Nintendo standard.

I highly doubt that. 

W101 budget was 1.5x the budget of the first Bayonetta game, and even while it sold more than 1 million on PS3/360 it was considered a flop.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
KLXVER said:

I made another list on the previous page though...

You need to play more PSP games.  Your opinion might not change, but only six games?

Here's a trailer for a game you might like.  Mastiff is releasing this one on Steam and says they'll give the game for free to everyone who votes yes, joins the games community and then posts that they've voted yes.  So either play it on the PSP or maybe get it on PC. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFrUWUevtFc 

Six games from the first three years, yes. I have bought several more after, but they usually dont hold my attention for very long. I like the game collections though. Like both Capcoms Classic Collection and the Mega Drive Collection.

spemanig said:
prayformojo said:

DKC, MK8, SSB and Bayonetta and the other digital offerings aren't enough for you? Maybe you need to find something else to do with your time then. Games are suppose to be a PART of your life...not ALL of your life.

Because of the terrible 2014/2013 for Wii U, video games are almost none of my life. No trouble there. I don't know how often some of you replay your games to make what you just listed consume even a fraction of your life, but all the Wii U has done for me since January is a a few good hours of MK8. The 3DS is even worse.

Five games, twelve months. If someone has a busy life, and doesn't get to play for more than an hour a day, that's pretty much a load right there. Add in some lesser games, or some virtual console offerings and it gets pretty taxing. 

I didn't mean to insult you or anything and I'm sorry if I did. It did come off as a bit douchey.

Haha, chillax. You'll get an aneurysm. It ain't even that big a deal. The 3ds life isn't dead yet, we'll see more big games coming out for it, if not this year. Then again, this hasn't been a stellar year for any console. Things will pick up.

spemanig said:
vivster said:
Obviously it's fairly split. One year games for Wii U and the other for 3DS.
Meaning as soon as the gameflow to Wii U stops, games for 3DS will eventually pop up.

But the Wii U's 2014 has been shit too. There is no gameflow. There's been DKC:TF and MK8. There will be HW, Bayo2, and Smash 4. That's the Wii U's 2014. Depressing. They should both have triple that every year, not counting indie games.

You're forgetting about Captain Toad. :p

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
spemanig said:
vivster said:
Meaning as soon as the gameflow to Wii U stops, games for 3DS will eventually pop up.

But the Wii U's 2014 has been shit too. There is no gameflow. There's been DKC:TF and MK8. There will be HW, Bayo2, and Smash 4. That's the Wii U's 2014. Depressing. They should both have triple that every year, not counting indie games.

and Sonic Boom

KLXVER said:
LipeJJ said:
spemanig said:
vivster said:

and Sonic Boom

Yup. :p

That's it... I think a year that has a new Mario Kart, a new Donkey Kong, a Zelda spin-off, a big AAA third party exclusive (B2) and many other minor-mid tier exclusives can't be called "shit".   .-.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

You sure make it sound easy to roll out good games quickly. Nintendo were caught off guard by underestimating how long it took to develop next gen games, but there's not much to be done about that except give them time to adapt... Your proposed solution of a hiring spree has a slim chance at best. Sure, having more people helps, but after a certain number there's not that big of a difference anymore... The two recent GTAs had more than 1000 people(nearly triple the size of Nintendo EAD), and yet they both had dev. periods of ~4 years(not sure about it, haven't fact checked). 

Don't get me wrong, I hate how there's always months of gaps between releases, but there's always a reason...

Not gonna lie, the WiiU droughts have been horrible to put it mildly.

Hopefully itll get better, but I have a feeling it wont for a while...

How many games can you seriously play in a year? Nintendo's thrown virtually every franchise they can at the 3DS, relax.

Expecting a new 1st party release every month is unrealistic, the DS also had stretches where Nintendo did not provide a lot of software for 6-8 months at a time.

This is also why the next Nintendo platform is pretty much assured to be a unified platform. They can't support two different systems at once on their own. Neither could Sony/MS in the same situation.