By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are people actually still satisfied with the 3DS? I'm not.

Lucas-Rio said:

I think you fail to understand that developping games are not as easy as saying "I need to release a game per month".  Nintendo's output on 3DS has been fantastic so far with all things considered, not only in quantity, but also in quality.

No, I just fail to understand why Nintendo doesn't build more developement teams to fulful that "game a month" need. There shouldn't be an "all things considered." People buy a product and they expect a return on that investment. 2014 isn't giving that return.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Lucas-Rio said:

I think you fail to understand that developping games are not as easy as saying "I need to release a game per month".  Nintendo's output on 3DS has been fantastic so far with all things considered, not only in quantity, but also in quality.

No, I just fail to understand why Nintendo doesn't build more developement teams to fulful that "game a month" need. There shouldn't be an "all things considered." People buy a product and they expect a return on that investment. 2014 isn't giving that return.

When you list all the great 3DS games, I think the return on investment has been made far ago, especially since the 3DS is quite cheap. It's unfortunate that the 2014 lineup is weaker than the 2013, but it is still decent and Nintendo will release more in 2015.

Also, Nintendo can't expand its internal ressources indefinitily too quickly. That's not how a company operate. That's very risky. Nintendo is slowly and cautiouslu expanding its capacity.

animegaming said:

unless if they don't have enough man power to release like the same number of 3DS year after year as 2013 and besides Monster Hunter 3, and Fire Emblem Awakening, and Phenoix Wright Dual Destiny were like 2011 and 2012 games in Japan so since i saw you discrediting Bravely Default i will discredit those as well

Then hire the manpower! Being understaffed is not an excuse. They have more than enough money to properly expand. They need do it now. Those are still majorly 2013 games. Most of their releases were in 2013. Releasing earlier in Japan doesn't discredit anything.

kupomogli said:

Just noticed this.  I'd like to put an emphasis on my biased comment in the previous post.  Use these " ".

Well if you want me to make a list of PSP and 3DS games I played and beat from the first 3 years, then fine:

PSP

Mega Man Powered Up

Mega Man Maverick Hunter X

Silent Hill Origins

Harvey Birdman: Attorney Of Law

God Of War: Chains Of Olympus

Ultimate Ghosts`n Goblins(beaten once, not 100%. Its hard.lol)

3DS:

Super Mario 3D World

Mario Kart 7

The Legend Of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time 3D

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

Resident Evil: Revelations

Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Luigis Mansion 2

Cave Story 3D

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Super Street Fighter 4: 3D Edition

Heroes Of Ruin

Puzzle Bobble Universe

Star Fox 3D

Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins

Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow - Mirror Of Fate

...and thats still not including eshop games...

Cool. You now know how the Vita and Wii U owners feel. There were plenty of 3DS releases last year(and even before that), where as up until last October there was nearly nothing for the Wii U(and there's still nowhere as much as 3DS now). I don't get how it doesn't make 100% sense that they'd shift attention to their struggling home console.

Around the Network
Lucas-Rio said:

When you list all the great 3DS games, I think the return on investment has been made far ago, especially since the 3DS is quite cheap. It's unfortunate that the 2014 lineup is weaker than the 2013, but it is still decent and Nintendo will release more in 2015.

Also, Nintendo can't expand its internal ressources indefinitily too quickly. That's not how a company operate. That's very risky. Nintendo is slowly and cautiouslu expanding its capacity.

It's still not expanding fast enough. They need to take the risk. There products are suffering now.

spemanig said:
vivster said:
Obviously it's fairly split. One year games for Wii U and the other for 3DS.
Meaning as soon as the gameflow to Wii U stops, games for 3DS will eventually pop up.

But the Wii U's 2014 has been shit too. There is no gameflow. There's been DKC:TF and MK8. There will be HW, Bayo2, and Smash 4. That's the Wii U's 2014. Depressing. They should both have triple that every year, not counting indie games.

DKC, MK8, SSB and Bayonetta and the other digital offerings aren't enough for you? Maybe you need to find something else to do with your time then. Games are suppose to be a PART of your life...not ALL of your life.

Shootdatrupee said:

Cool. You now know how the Vita and Wii U owners feel. There were plenty of 3DS releases last year(and even before that), where as up until last October there was nearly nothing for the Wii U(and there's still nowhere as much as 3DS now). I don't get how it doesn't make 100% sense that they'd shift attention to their struggling home console.

I own a Wii U. The Wii U's 2014 is just as crap as it's 2013.

spemanig said:
Lucas-Rio said:

It's still not expanding fast enough. They need to take the risk. There products are suffering now.

Nintendo has taken risks and has had two (even if small) annual losses.

Now, Nintendo will be doing profit on 3DS and Wii U hardware for this fiscal year, and be sure that they will not take unnecessary risks because they will ensure they are back in the profits. They are still takings risks, financing a new Xenoblade (which must cost a lot in HD), financing high budget game like W101 and Bayonetta who will lose money for sure.

KLXVER said:

Then why did you make the list? A simple "I dont agree with you" would have been fine...

This thread isnt about what games we enjoyed on the PSP or 3DS. Its about how the 3DS is doing this year.

Why'd you reply with a list with only a few more games, two of which were games you admitted later you had no interest in, another which wasn't released yet, and then a couple of ports.  Seems to me you wanted to have a bigger list, despite it not being your opinion on those games at all. 

I made my list because  the PSP was often, and sometimes still is, being downplayed for having nothing but ports.  The system doesn't get enough praise, and a list of 20+ games released within the first three years might make some people interested to look into and see what the system has got during that time and in the future.