By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are people actually still satisfied with the 3DS? I'm not.

spemanig said:
Lucas-Rio said:

Hmmm no.

Last year was so good that it was obvious that Nintendo couldn't keep up at this level this year, while they are also focusing on the Wii U. But in the west there are still Kirby, Tomodachi, Pokemon, Layton vs Phoenix Wright, Mario Golf and Smash Bros released. So it's wrong saying there is nothing being released.

Why the hell not though? They have a product to support. We shouldn't just be fine with less support because poor Nintendo's got their hands tied. No. Do your fucking job Nintendo. If you're having trouble keeping up, fix it. Build more teams to make more games.

There's not enough big games being released. It's not wrong to say that.

The stars aligned last year so everything was realeased last year. In Europe, Bravely default, Animal Crossing and Fire emblem became 2013 release while also having the worlwide release of Professor Layton, Pokemon, Mario & Luigi, Luigi Mansion and the masterpiece of Zelda  with also remakes like MH3 Ultimate and DKCR.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Lucas-Rio said:

Hmmm no.

Last year was so good that it was obvious that Nintendo couldn't keep up at this level this year, while they are also focusing on the Wii U. But in the west there are still Kirby, Tomodachi, Pokemon, Layton vs Phoenix Wright, Mario Golf and Smash Bros released. So it's wrong saying there is nothing being released.

Why the hell not though? They have a product to support. We shouldn't just be fine with less support because poor Nintendo's got their hands tied. No. Do your fucking job Nintendo. If you're having trouble keeping up, fix it. Build more teams to make more games.

your really acting like they didn't release anything for the 3DS this year and besides the reason they couldn't keep up with the support this year is cause with the amount of games they released last year for the 3DS which is effecting this years line up cause they had teams working on 3DS games for 2013 and when those games were finished they started working on new one's that could take a couple years to finish

spemanig said:
animegaming said:
honestly to me its not the 3DS for 2014 is just shit its just gaming as a whole for me in 2014 that is just so uninteresting and boring and besides currently with the 3DS i rather have Nintendo currently make games for the Wii U a lot more now then the 3DS since that system is still struggling really poorly

We shouldn't have to choose one or the other. They need to be supporting both well at the same time.

last year people were saying in reverse about the Wii U and how Nintendo needs to make less games for the 3DS and more the Wii U and i imagine its kinda hard to manage both a console and handheld division's now considering how Nintendo has entered HD development which takes like double the resources to make a single game

animegaming said:

last year people were saying in reverse about the Wii U and how Nintendo needs to make less games for the 3DS and more the Wii U and i imagine its kinda hard to manage both a console and handheld division's now considering how Nintendo has entered HD development which takes like double the resources to make a single game

I wasn't. They should have planned for that and expanded accordingly. "It's hard" is not an excuse.

spemanig said:
animegaming said:

I wasn't. They should have planned for that and expanded accordingly. "It's hard" is not an excuse.

They could delay more games I guess...

Around the Network
animegaming said:

your really acting like they didn't release anything for the 3DS this year and besides the reason they couldn't keep up with the support this year is cause with the amount of games they released last year for the 3DS which is effecting this years line up cause they had teams working on 3DS games for 2013 and when those games were finished they started working on new one's that could take a couple years to finish

They barely released anything for the 3DS this year. This year should have just as much as last year. That's poor planning. Not an excuse. And that's most likely not what happened. Nintendo is a multibillion dollar company. They don't make planning mistakes like that.

spemanig said:
animegaming said:

though i admit Nintendo really did underestmate HD development big time i still kinda of imagine having 2 different platfomers to manage is a bit diffcult on making by funding and making games for, marketing,  running the online serves for both, and of course having both of them be successful 

animegaming said:
spemanig said:
Lucas-Rio said:

Hmmm no.

That's true as well. ds games are not made in just one year. I think we should not expect a 3DS replacement before 2016-2017, so that's at least 2 more years after this one, because the 3DS has no competition currently and that Nintendo will seek to rack profits after all the hard work.

We shoulde expect another Fire Emblem and Zelda at least.

KLXVER said:

But then the comparison doesnt matter to anyone but you. There are probably people who think the Sega Saturn has better games than the Playstation because theyve only played a few PS1 games and alot of Saturn games. If I made a list of games that appeal to me then the 3DS list would be smaller, but your PSP list would contain like 5 games tops.

You cant use your opinion as proof that one console has better games than another. You have to look at scores, sales and what other people think about them...

I never said my opinion was proof that one console has better games t han another and said in the previous post that your opinion is yours, and mine is mine. Because I pointed out your opinion was uninformed doesn't change that.  Your listing games you haven't played and games that haven't been released is just that.

If you listed 10 or 15 games for the 3DS and made an argument that the games are a lot better than the PSP titles and that's your reasoning, then I wouldn't argue with that.  There are games on the 3DS that are better than those in the PSPs library imo.  SMT4 is better  than every PSP RPG imo.  But as I've said, now the fourth time(third time is just above in this same post,) that you haven't played games in the list and listed unreleased games, your opinion to me was just an uninformed and biased opinion.   

spemanig said:
animegaming said:

They barely released anything for the 3DS this year. This year should have just as much as last year. That's poor planning. Not an excuse. And that's most likely not what happened. Nintendo is a multibillion dollar company. They don't make planning mistakes like that.

it honestly sounds like last year really spoiled you cause there was no way Nintendo could of top that for the 3DS hell i don't expect to see any of the first parties release that many games in a single at once and besides would you rather have games like Code Name: Steam rushed at the door and be buggy as shit just to release in 2014 or wait until 2015 for the game to be polished and function properly