By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are people actually still satisfied with the 3DS? I'm not.

I still play XY and ACNL so I am extremely satisfied.

I am not among the people who buy 50 games per consoles. It's useless. The 3DS has had a formidable barrage of great games last year.

Around the Network
vivster said:

You are allowed to criticize, but don't expect a positive response because you are not entitled to a better product.

The problem is that people who complain very often are not the most liked people on this planet. Especially if it isn't constructive.

You know what the opposite of constructive criticism is called? Whining.

...Yes. I am.

The 3DS's 2014 is shit. They need to fix it. They can do that by expanding. I fail to see where whining factors in.

spemanig said:
vivster said:

You are allowed to criticize, but don't expect a positive response because you are not entitled to a better product.

The problem is that people who complain very often are not the most liked people on this planet. Especially if it isn't constructive.

You know what the opposite of constructive criticism is called? Whining.

...Yes. I am.

The 3DS's 2014 is shit. They need to fix it. They can do that by expanding. I fail to see where whining factors in.

Hmmm no.

Last year was so good that it was obvious that Nintendo couldn't keep up at this level this year, while they are also focusing on the Wii U. But in the west there are still Kirby, Tomodachi, Pokemon, Layton vs Phoenix Wright, Mario Golf and Smash Bros released. So it's wrong saying there is nothing being released.

spemanig said:

...Yes. I am.

Cant expect every year to be great though. Its a slow year for me because I dont care about Kirby TD, Yoshis NI, Mario Golf, Pokemon, Tomodachi Life etc...

Next year might be different though...

honestly to me its not the 3DS for 2014 is just shit its just gaming as a whole for me in 2014 that is just so uninteresting and boring and besides currently with the 3DS i rather have Nintendo currently make games for the Wii U a lot more now then the 3DS since that system is still struggling really poorly

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
kupomogli said:

Everyone's opinion is different, but my list is based off games I've personally played and completed, games that I can tell you that I've enjoyed.  Your list is full of games that you haven't touched, a couple that haven't even been released yet.  Not everyone has the same opinion on games and you may think many of the games you've listed, despite their good scores, aren't games you would have enjoyed.  I mentioned not listing Grand Theft Auto Liberty City and Vice City Stories because they're games I've completed but not really good games imo.

Not that it matters, it's your opinion.  You think the 3DS has a better library.  I think the PSP does.  Even if I have played games from both systems while you've probably never touched a PSP, an opinion is based on the persons perception. 

I own a PSP and have for many years. Ive also have had a 3DS since launch. Going by scores and sales, the 3DS has more, better and wider appealing games. Its not even close.

You think the PSP has a better game library? Thats fine, but dont try to justify it by saying that I dont know what Im talking about...

I edited it out before your post because it doesn't matter if you know what you're talking about or not.  Your list was full of games that you haven't played, noted by your comment that you haven't played them but they're highly rated games, plus games that haven't been released yet.  I edited it out because your opinion is your opinion, mine is mine. 

But anyways, you really think a high rating means the game is great?  Or a low rating means a game is bad?  Do you also parrot everyone else who says EA is the worst company ever?  Do you follow everyone else or can you actually form your own opinions?  Your post basically pointed out that the popular opinion of a game being high means it's a great game overlooking the fact that everyone, including yourself, has different opinions.

The point is, my opinion of the two consoles is actually an informed opinion.  I've played all the games myself.  I don't praise a games accomplishments based on a fanbase that is known to overrate every single first party to come out without even playing them.  I play the games myself and form my own opinion.  

--

*edit*

Monster Hunter has hardly changed from its original release back on the PS2.  Graphically it's about the same, just in higher resolution, gameplay is exactly the same with additional weapons, monsters, and different areas in t he newer versions.  You'd think the original being pretty much the same game gets the same score as the more recent games, right?  Nope.  Monster Hunter was scored less than 70 back when it was first released, and still scored poorly later on.  It wasn't until it started getting really popular in the west that it started scoring higher.  Most video game journalists are the biggest joke in the industry.  There are several things I could point out that make you realize that you should no longer listen to their reviews and just use  them for news and information but not going to bother.

mZuzek said:

I might have completely forgotten about Luigi's Mansion and Fire Emblem (hopefully I get them one day too), but I don't see how any of the other ones are "huge" games. EDIT: Bravely Default maybe, but I consider that a 2014 release.

As for the Kirby game, are you just saying it's eshopware because you don't feel like it's worthy of being sold at retail or is this actually going to be the case? Because as far as I know, it's going to be a retail game and it's coming from one of Nintendo's biggest (though niche) franchises. If Star Fox actually comes out next year (obviously not gonna happen), that's 6 games considering what has been announced already.

The two biggest releases of 2013 for the 3DS were both announced within that year. Sure, it takes a lot less time to develop games for the 3DS than the Wii U, but there's quite a lot more 2015 to be shown - we just don't know how big they'll be.

Bravely Default is a 2013 release everywhere but the US. It's 2013. Castlevania LOS was a big game. Pokemon MD was a big game. Professor Layton was a big game. I don't see how they wouldn't be in the same catagory as the others, while it's completely obvious why the Kirby game wouldn't be in the same catagory as the others. It has nothing to do with it being a Kirby game. It just has the game design of a much smaller eshop title. I don't even think Yoshi should be on the list of "big" releases, but I'm letting that one go because I counted DKC:TF in 2014 when I didn't want to.

And the Wii U hasn't had any such surprises like the 3DS. The only new games we learned of this year for this year on the Wii U is that Toad game. And that Xenoblade was being delayed. I highly doubt we'll be getting any news for 2015 other than a title being delayed, and maybe SMT x FE actually coming out next year, but that's literally just me being hopeful.

kupomogli said:

I edited it out before your post because it doesn't matter if you know what you're talking about or not.  Your list was full of games that you haven't played, noted by your comment that you haven't played them but they're highly rated games, plus games that haven't been released yet.  I edited it out because your opinion is your opinion, mine is mine. 

But anyways, you really think a high rating means the game is great?  Or a low rating means a game is bad?  Do you also parrot everyone else who says EA is the worst company ever?  Do you follow everyone else or can you actually form your own opinions?  Your post basically pointed out that the popular opinion of a game being high means it's a great game overlooking the fact that everyone, including yourself, has different opinions.

The point is, my opinion of the two consoles is actually an informed opinion.  I've played all the games myself.  I don't praise a games accomplishments based on a fanbase that is known to overrate every single first party to come out without even playing them.  I play the games myself and form my own opinion.  

But then the comparison doesnt matter to anyone but you. There are probably people who think the Sega Saturn has better games than the Playstation because theyve only played a few PS1 games and alot of Saturn games. If I made a list of games that appeal to me then the 3DS list would be smaller, but your PSP list would contain like 5 games tops.

You cant use your opinion as proof that one console has better games than another. You have to look at scores, sales and what other people think about them...

Lucas-Rio said:

Hmmm no.

Last year was so good that it was obvious that Nintendo couldn't keep up at this level this year, while they are also focusing on the Wii U. But in the west there are still Kirby, Tomodachi, Pokemon, Layton vs Phoenix Wright, Mario Golf and Smash Bros released. So it's wrong saying there is nothing being released.

Why the hell not though? They have a product to support. We shouldn't just be fine with less support because poor Nintendo's got their hands tied. No. Do your fucking job Nintendo. If you're having trouble keeping up, fix it. Build more teams to make more games.

There's not enough big games being released. It's not wrong to say that.

animegaming said:
honestly to me its not the 3DS for 2014 is just shit its just gaming as a whole for me in 2014 that is just so uninteresting and boring and besides currently with the 3DS i rather have Nintendo currently make games for the Wii U a lot more now then the 3DS since that system is still struggling really poorly

We shouldn't have to choose one or the other. They need to be supporting both well at the same time.