By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are people actually still satisfied with the 3DS? I'm not.

First that HW thread, now this!

Your a very very very very very very very very very very little minority my friend.

Around the Network
Super_Boom said:
garretslarrity said:
Somehow I'm stuck on a backlog.

Same. I have at least six games in my 3DS backlog right now. There was an eShop sale on Atlus games I while back, and I managed to snag SMT: Devil Survivor for $15. I also have Megaman Xtreme 2, and got Donkey Kong Country 3D as a Club Nintendo reward. Then I had a friend talk me into getting Tomadachi Life, so we could share Miis from our favorite anime fandoms. It's pretty hilarious watching Sinbad flirt with Himari Takakura. If I ever get through those, I'll have some even older games from my DS backlog.

I honestly don't have time for any other systems at the moment....even if the games I'm playing through are all old now. Maybe my tastes are different, but I can't see the current drought of new games affecting me for the rest of the year. It's nice having new games constantly, but there's no rule against buying old games that you didn't have time for when they were released. If you're like me, you can get them for cheap or free later.

Me three! I have so many 3DS games in my backlog as well. I have bought most of the atlus games from the different sales in the last 12 months. Enjoy Devil Survivor is quite the game, I should know lol ;).

If I would start to dislike every console that didn't get a big game I wanted for a year I might as well just quit gaming all-together.

I don't mind. I haven't got time to play all the new games either way, and since I'm replaying the fantastic Fire Emblem Awakening this very moment I'm not in a shortage of games. But I can see the problem.

I'm enjoying my Vita way more. Nintendo is quality but you know what you get most of the time. But because indies have taken off especially on Vita, you get something different but still often high quality games.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

I sold all my 3DS games last week because even Mario and Zelda are so childish that I have no fun playing them at all. The resolution and graphics capability is so extremely low and everything looks so ugly and pixelated, especially in 3D with only half the resolution. But I still keep the system to play DS Dragon Quest games.

Why does Nintendo always use 10 year old outdated hardware and why do the games have get more and more childish? Back in the SNES and N64 days, Nintendo games, especially Zelda and Mario could be enjoyed by every age, this is not the case anymore.

I have the opposite problem. I don't have enough time and money to play my 3DS backlog. Still need to buy and play Bravely Default, Fire Emblem, Etrian Odyssey, and Shin Megami Tensei IV, for example. On top of that, I still play pokemon at least 50% of the time I play my 3DS. My Pokemon Y is at 400 hours playtime and counting with all of the IV training, EV training, and other things I've been doing in it. I replayed A LInk Between Worlds three times. I am working on Legend of Zelda, and Metroid speedruns, etc, etc. And considering how I only have 10 hours a week to play video games, that is more than enough for me.

etking said:

Why does Nintendo always use 10 year old outdated hardware and why do the games have get more and more childish? Back in the SNES and N64 days, Nintendo games, especially Zelda and Mario could be enjoyed by every age, this is not the case anymore.

Actually, it is still the case. You are the one who changed, not Nintendo. 

Eh... Less 3DS games means more time I could spend with 3DS games I haven't finished.. I still need to finish Revelations for example!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

vivster said:
Obviously it's fairly split. One year games for Wii U and the other for 3DS.
Meaning as soon as the gameflow to Wii U stops, games for 3DS will eventually pop up.

Well can't see the flow of games stoping til mid 2016, so it'd  probably be time for Nintendo's next handheld.

The solution is actually quite easy though, Nintendo could just start localising all of its Japanese hits like DQ Monsters 2, Yokai Watch, Monster 4 (I believe the latter is already slated for 2015), Bravely Second etc. I think this is kinda already in the cards, Japanese 3rd parties will occupy most 2015.