By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are people actually still satisfied with the 3DS? I'm not.

So far this year we have gotten Bravely Default, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Yoshi's New Island, Mario Golf & Tomodachi Life as major titles, they may not personally appeal to u but thats not a horrible lineup and is comparable to last years first 6 months which had Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, DKC Returns, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon & Animal Crossing.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

So... you do know it takes time to develop games right? You can't expect the stellar 2013 lineup to be reproduced every year. Some years are better than others, and that's been the case for every console ever.

Devil_Survivor said:

Me three! I have so many 3DS games in my backlog as well. I have bought most of the atlus games from the different sales in the last 12 months. Enjoy Devil Survivor is quite the game, I should know lol ;).

Yuzu approved ;)

I need to take advantage of more of those Atlus sales. I have SMT: Soul Hackers on my Might Buy list, and Code of Princess looks pretty fun. And of course, I plan to get the Devil Survivor 2 remake eventually. My backlog will likely only get bigger next sale. XD 

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

It could always be better but I am not really complaining, I am still catching up on backlog from last year.

for this reason i keep both 3ds ad wii u.
when i miss games on 3ds, they are on wii u, and vice-versa.

Around the Network

I have a 3DS backlog but honestly the release schedule has never been really tight. Releases I enjoyed for DS were pretty frequent and regular, but a lot of them were relatively simpler games that probably wouldn't fly for $30+ on 3DS today.

If you're like me, no one's had a grand 2014 so far. Thank god there are still 5 months left or else this year would be terrible!

The 3Ds is the best game system to have atm imho.

So far I have:

Yoshi: a Good game 

Kirby: a blast

Steel diver: interesting fun game

Bravery default: Awesome Rpg. Some chapters were not as good as others but still good.

Mario Golf: I dont like golf, but hey this game is not half bad.

Tomodachi life: I am still trying to understand what the game is about, though is funny looking at people doing weird stuff...

Inazuma eleven: funny game, aimed at children I know, but still fun. I still have to beat it.

senran kagura: Odd game. Good game play though.

One piece: bought it, still have to play it.

That's not counting games like Rusty's baseball and indie games...

For the rest of the year:

Layton vs Phoenix wright

Persona Q

Smash

Pokemon

FF theatrhythm

Sonic

Indie games, unnanounced localizations from JP and such.

Not the best year, but not terrible either.

Now a new Advanced Wars could make it a AA year!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

spemanig said:

How the mighty have fallen. Last year, I would have though that the 3DS could quite possibly turn into my favorite console of all time. This year, it's so disappointing, it hurts. Next year, I don't even know what to think. How are people okay with this!? Fuck sales. Where are all the games!? What are they even doing at Nintendo!? This is exactly what their problem is. They seriously need to expand so they can support more than one console at a time, because this is bullshit. Right now, the 3DS doesn't deserve to be number 1 in sales. It's sitting on it's lazy ass waiting for Smash Bros and the next Pokemon to keep it afloat.

How can it's 2014 be WORSE than the Wii U's!? What the hell is even coming next year!? No wonder the thing's being outpaced by the GBA. Nintendo's shitting all over it's potential and acting like it's failed attempt at "supporting" the Wii U is an alibi. It's not. And if that isn't bad enough, it's got no help from 3rd parties, especially western ones. Get your shit together, Nintendo.

Probably why they are trying to unify the OS or whatever. Try to do two birds with one stone as it were. I'm not sure if it will always be a 1:1 thing, but there will likely be some unification and then things should be steadier. I know it doesn't help for NOW, but hopefully this will alleviate future issues. I have a back log on both consoles so I'm not complaining, but that's cause I have less time than games to play lol. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

I'm satisfied; then again, I literally got my 3DS at the end of 2013, so I have a pretty large back catalogue. Honestly, I'd say you'd be disappointed with all the systems for 2014; I think it's just a slow year in general...

Current Consoles: Gaming PC, Wii U, 3DS

Super_Boom said:
Devil_Survivor said:

Me three! I have so many 3DS games in my backlog as well. I have bought most of the atlus games from the different sales in the last 12 months. Enjoy Devil Survivor is quite the game, I should know lol ;).

Yuzu approved ;)

I need to take advantage of more of those Atlus sales. I have SMT: Soul Hackers on my Might Buy list, and Code of Princess looks pretty fun. And of course, I plan to get the Devil Survivor 2 remake eventually. My backlog will likely only get bigger next sale. XD 

I played through SMT:Soul Hackers last summer and it was pretty good, and its different in certain respects than other SMT titles in terms of gamplay. Code of Princess I have only play a very little bit of and it was good from what I saw. I have to get back to it at some point. I'm going to buy the Devil Survivor 2 remake as well. I have the DS version of it and it was better than the first game.