By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are people actually still satisfied with the 3DS? I'm not.

Eh, hasnt really affected me.
I have a pretty big backlog - currently playing Phoenix Wright dual destinies and Project X Zone,
then i have Fire Emblem and Bravely Default to get through. Those games will probably keep me going for another couple months.

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Around the Network

No, I'm not. But not because of lack of games. There are plenty of older games I'm interested in that I could buy. I just lost interest in the console itself. I hate the hardware. I thought I'd get used to it, but whenever I feel like playing a portable game, I always choose the vita. Or even the psp. Never had an nds so I didn't know it would feel so weird holding it and trying to make the 3d work (I know, people turn it off but I rather use it).

Seriously hope they change the hardware and introduce some kind of trophy system with their next system, cuz I'm really disappointed at the moment.

But since the OP is talking more about games in 2014, in that regard, I have no problem. I have realistic expectations. I know that third parties aren't doing that well and we won't be seeing any AA 3rd party games any more and if we do, there won't be many. And I don't want Ninty to release too many games of the same franchise on it, so I'm fine with what they're doing at the moment.

kupomogli said:
spemanig said:

How the mighty have fallen. Last year, I would have though that the 3DS could quite possibly turn into my favorite console of all time. This year, it's so disappointing, it hurts. Next year, I don't even know what to think. How are people okay with this!? Fuck sales. Where are all the games!? What are they even doing at Nintendo!? This is exactly what their problem is. They seriously need to expand so they can support more than one console at a time, because this is bullshit. Right now, the 3DS doesn't deserve to be number 1 in sales. It's sitting on it's lazy ass waiting for Smash Bros and the next Pokemon to keep it afloat.

How can it's 2014 be WORSE than the Wii U's!? What the hell is even coming next year!? No wonder the thing's being outpaced by the GBA. Nintendo's shitting all over it's potential and acting like it's failed attempt at "supporting" the Wii U is an alibi. It's not. And if that isn't bad enough, it's got no help from 3rd parties, especially western ones. Get your shit together, Nintendo.

You sound like me but with Nintendo instead of Sony.

I've actually brought this up plenty of times.  The Vita has no games, but the 3DS isn't that far ahead.  It's got a little bit more third party support in the west and it's got a lot more first party support, but the system seems almost as dead as the Vita does.  In comparison to the PSP and DS libraries, the Vita and 3DS are a joke. 

Completely untrue:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=858508

Vita has plento of ports or indie game, but that's not what most gamers seek.

Are people actually still satisfied with the 3DS? I'm not.
Lol, I've never been satisfied with it. As I expected from the start it ended up my pokemon box with a sprinkle of games to play on the side. Sigh -_-

Around the Network

I'm satisfied with the 3DS because it got this game:

maverick40 said:

Completely untrue:

Well if you love very japanese games and indies, then its probably a good choice. There are a few I want, but theyre also coming to other devices I own...

KLXVER said:
maverick40 said:

Completely untrue:

Well if you love very japanese games and indies, then its probably a good choice. There are a few I want, but theyre also coming to other devices I own...

That doesn't matter, the fact is the Vita is getting a tonne a games regardless of where the games are made and the budget. 

maverick40 said:

That doesn't matter, the fact is the Vita is getting a tonne a games regardless of where the games are made and the budget. 

Sure. Didnt say otherwise...

Fair enough to say the game line up this year has been somewhat lacking, BUT there have been numerous games released for it in the last few months (just none that really appealed to me).

With all this said my backlog is still taunting me.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda