By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Scottish Independence vote - Yes or No?

Are you voting for Scottish independence?

Yes 288 51.15%

No 275 48.85%

Total:563
kowenicki said:
generic-user-1 said:
kowenicki said:
generic-user-1 said:
im not from the UK, but i would vote yes. because than scotland can stay with the EU and england can go out like they want.

lol.  "Stay in"?

They wont be in.  They will have to apply as an independent state and they wont meet the criteria.

why shouldnt they meet the criteria?

and they will stay in, just like the splitting parts of spain. 

berlin and paris will not let Pro european countrys go

No they wont.  They have already been told they will have to apply.

that will all go on the fly, they will never be outside the EU, and they will meet the criteria easyly.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
generic-user-1 said:
kowenicki said:
generic-user-1 said:
kowenicki said:
generic-user-1 said:
im not from the UK, but i would vote yes. because than scotland can stay with the EU and england can go out like they want.

lol.  "Stay in"?

They wont be in.  They will have to apply as an independent state and they wont meet the criteria.

that will all go on the fly, they will never be outside the EU, and they will meet the criteria easyly.

if so, that would only prove what a sham and a fraud the EU really is... but we all know this anyway... dont we?

why should they push out countrys that splitt?

generic-user-1 said:
kowenicki said:
generic-user-1 said:

lol.  "Stay in"?

As a new country they would have to be voted in, and guess what that takes time and money, and they need all member states to approve their entry. In theory, the UK they left could veto it and they wouldnt get in..

If Scotland vote Yes they will be a separate country. Nothing like spain at all. Spain has regions like any country, they might have regions that dont want to be part of spain, but as of yet they are. 

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Doesnt take a lot to learn/find out this stuff...

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/referendum-news/juncker-no-automatic-eu-entry-for-scots.24715016

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

generic-user-1 said:
kowenicki said:
generic-user-1 said:
kowenicki said:
generic-user-1 said:

lol.  "Stay in"?

I am Scottish, so please tell me how can Scotland meet the criteria when we don't know what currency we will use?

Edit: and I don't have a vote  Thanks to that complete waste of space Salmond! Would I like an independent Scotland YES! Will independence be good for Scotland I have no idea cos Salmond just evades all the questions that matter.

Around the Network

Can't really imagine why anybody would want to split from a powerful free nation so they could be a less powerful independent nation, but what do I know...

gergroy said:
Can't really imagine why anybody would want to split from a powerful free nation so they could be a less powerful independent nation, but what do I know...

Pretty much. It's what flashy lights and a clear campaign smearing the details can do for you.

Check out UKIP for example; BNP to a lesser extent.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

MoHasanie said:

I don't see the benefit to adopting the Euro.I think the UK should adopt the Euro once they become Europe's largest economy, which is forecasted to happen within the next 20 years. That way they will have more control over the fiscal and monetary policies of the EU. 

What? How will that ever happen?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Maybe someday all of Ireland can be independent too, and all the fighting over the unlawful occupation in NI can end already.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

kowenicki said:
Madword said:

Doesnt take a lot to learn/find out this stuff...

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/referendum-news/juncker-no-automatic-eu-entry-for-scots.24715016

Of course.  Its crazy to think otherwise.

juncker isnt free, he is now owned by merkel, and merkel is pissed.

england cant say now if merkel realy want it.