By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Scottish Independence vote - Yes or No?

Are you voting for Scottish independence?

Yes 288 51.15%

No 275 48.85%

Total:563

Coming for England, I'd say no and would advise people with the power to vote as well, looking at the positives and negatives of the split.

However, having said that nearly all the Scottish people I know are supporting the no campaign

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

Do people have to always quote this romantic bull from the most historically inaccurate film of all time?  (except perhaps Pearl Harbour)

OT

I'm English

Please vote for independence Scotland.   Please.  That way, never will I have to endure a Labour government again...

I'm tired of the Scottish deciding who runs my country.  Hows that for a twist? 

Scotland... vote yes and give the English their independence.

yes. its an amazing movie after all.

ill be leaving this thread though.

Braveheart is one of the best movies of all time! Freedom!

kowenicki said:
chocoloco said:
Braveheart is one of the best movies of all time! Freedom!

it may be a good movie... though not for me thanks (not keen on that drunken, racist wife beater Gibson - Mad Max 1 and 2 were ok) but it is complete bullshit from an historical perspective.

Most movies made to make money and entertain are not from a very correct historical perspective. A professor in college I had made a huge point to prove this so I know.

spurgeonryan said:
ikki5 said:
spurgeonryan said:
It is hard to go it alone. Just think what would happen if Mexico still had Texas or US still had Canada. We would be much stronger.

um... the US never had Canada, they had parts of it just like Canada had parts of the US as well.

The past is such a tangled web of lies and deceit.

The loyalists who wanted to be part of UK moved north to Ruperts Land What is now Ontario and QC and the Maritimes,thats what I was taught (I'm Canadian)

Around the Network

Not scottisb, although I do have some ancestry I think, I would vote for independence as well. Political independence doesn't mean that scotland would be alone either.

kowenicki said:
phaedruss said:
Not scottisb, although I do have some ancestry I think, I would vote for independence as well. Political independence doesn't mean that scotland would be alone either.

Political and financial independence you mean...

Well that's implied by being independent right? I hink you and I would agree on a lot.

This'll be interesting to see how it turns out. I have actually a lot of Scottish ancestry.. and English, and a billion other things v.v Something like this would lower the value of the pound (that is what people in the UK use, right? XD)?

Ka-pi96 said:
kowenicki said:
Ka-pi96 said:
I'm English but would say Scotland shouldn't go independent. But then I'm one of those that is also pro-EU, so what do I know?

Where you/are you pro the Euro?

if yes,  then I could answer the last part of your question but it wouldn't be a very positive response...

Would like the Euro one day but not yet. It needs to stabalise first and stop spreading to poorer countries and have all the members work closer together. But if that ever happens then I think the UK should get the Euro as well.

I don't see the benefit to adopting the Euro.I think the UK should adopt the Euro once they become Europe's largest economy, which is forecasted to happen within the next 20 years. That way they will have more control over the fiscal and monetary policies of the EU. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

spurgeonryan said:
It is hard to go it alone. Just think what would happen if Mexico still had Texas or US still had Canada. We would be much stronger.

Ryan, when did the U.S. every have Canada lol?