By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Scottish Independence vote - Yes or No?

Are you voting for Scottish independence?

Yes 288 51.15%

No 275 48.85%

Total:563
spurgeonryan said:

I admit to just trying to help the man with this difficult and monumental decision. It will possibly shape the rest of his life.

Then a better analogy would have been to use when Canada was actually under British rule and not independant from Britain since that would actually relate to the situation he is in because it was pretty much the same thing that happen (with various differences) and it actually happened unlike this "USA owned Canada" Which is a complete lie.

Personally if it was me, I'd vote to seperate but at the same time, I am Canadian and we've been seperated for a while now and we have been doing well as we have tons of resources. Not sure on what Scotland has for resources to build an economy though from a quick glance, they seem to have quite a bit. I always figured it was mostly tourism and their economy has been growing So they may not have too much trouble once they get past the first few steps on being on their own and the decisions that are made as good ones and things are not mismanaged. So in the end, if I was Scottish, I'd vote to seperate :)

Around the Network

If their people want Independence then they'll vote for it (hopefully). Although staying apart of the UK has it's benefits as well I would think.

Xevross said:
Burek said:

I'm not Scottish, but I live in a country that had its vote for independence a few decades ago. Some things now are better, some are worse, it is hard to gauge everything.
Economic problems are usually in the center of every independence campaign, so it's probably the same with you. Just know, there will be some good times being independent, there are some drawbacks to it, but it is always better to be the master of your destiny. By being independent you show pride in your nation, and are able to better decide on what's important to your people.
If nothing else, you get goosebumps when you see your country's flag carried at the Olympic ceremony, when you see your country's crest on your passport or licence plate.
Just my opinion, if it's worth anything to you...

Its different in the UK though, we're proud of being British and we're proud of the Union Jack. If I was Scottish I'd vote no.

Yes, I understand it is different, but I doubt that any Scotsman would consider himself British first and Scot second. So your point of view might be a bit biased, but understandable.

It is human nature to yearn to be free, and no matter how beneficial it is to be under somebody's rule, it is always better to have faith and pride in oneself and in his nation, and attempt to build the society best suited to their individual needs.

Sure, some are successful, some a total failure, but nobody should be afraid of trying.

As an Irish person I hope Scotland finally stands up for itself and breaks way from London. Scotland's interests are best looked after by Scottish people and the scaremongering from the no campaign has been appalling.

they better be independant....

Around the Network
placidcasual said:
As an Irish person I hope Scotland finally stands up for itself and breaks way from London. Scotland's interests are best looked after by Scottish people and the scaremongering from the no campaign has been appalling.

Irish are proud and independent. Scotland might follow the same path. However the verdict depends on Scottish people.

Wish the same thing were allowed to happen in Catalonia.

If they held a vote it would safely fall within the yes column.

Also parts of Northern Italy would benefit from Independence in my opinion.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

I am from Scotland and am unsure as to exactly what I will vote on the day but i'm swaying towards a Yes vote... Scotland always seems to be a second thought when it comes to UK laws and regulations so it would be more beneficial for us to have those powers up here.

I know things wont be easy if it is a Yes vote but things have to change, especially our EU status and benefit structure, which would be easier done if we were to start a fresh...

No. You had your chance with William Wallace! Too bad, you blew it!

No. I don't want the Union Jack to change.