By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What´s the last game you played that really pissed you off due to its difficulty/cheapness/other reasons?

It doesn´t matter whether you decided to keep playing or stop playing, just what was the last game that evoked memories of broken controllers?..if it ever got to that point :p

For me, and as a veteran of the Souls series, Dark Souls 2 seriously pissed me off because I swear the character is slower in just about anything he/she does, whether it´s raising a shield or drinking those flasks or recovering from an attack or even entering fog doors.

Around the Network

Yesterday when the new-looking save file on Bomberman 64 turned out to be locked into hard mode.

Hard mode is HARD.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Right now im playing spec ops the line.
Its almost as bad as world at war on veteran.... but then again i havent even unlocked fubar yet.

w@w is cheap because of nades, and spec ops is cheap because enemies with assult rifles can shoot me with accuracy of a sniper rifle.

Fifa is cheap as well, sometimes defenders just dont want to jump for a ball which then ends up in the back of the net.

Does Metro: Last Light's terrible final mission count? The game is one of my favorites of last gen but the final mission - a shoehorned Michael Bay/Call of Duty "epic" battle, for those who don't know - was absolutely abysmal.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Getting every stamp in Super Mario 3D World alone. Those who knows what that means will probably understand my frustration.lol

Around the Network

DKCR is pretty much one of the cheapest games ever.

People call it a difficult game but that's because they keep dying from cheap deaths you could never see coming.

The fact that people called this one of the hardest games evar pisses me of really hard!

I just heard that the last game NIS published had to add an easy mode. Asians said it was too hard.

I'll answer your thread when it's released in Europe (Natural Doctrine)

Honestly it was Twilight Princess the least game I played lol.

Spoilers for near the end

I got 2 mirror shards and was looking forward to another dungeon. Then they make you run around the whole freaking world to get what's her name her memory back then they make you run around the whole freaking world AGAIN to get all the statues and finally you get the cannon and I had spent my rupees on something else so I ran around building those up again then I HATED the sky dungeon (least favorite in the game by FAR). It was just hours and hours of fetch quests and BOREDOM that almost ruined the game for me. Luckily the last 2 dungeons and final boss battles helped me almost forget it but I hate when someone says how long a game as if it's a clear indicator of how much content it has. I count TP as a 25 hour game not 35 hours because it just pissed me off artificially extending its life making me run around all creation like that.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

I have a couple.

Grand Theft Auto 5. Yes, the game is extremely easy, unless you're driving around with a 3 star wanted level. I was at the online playing with a friend, trying to evade the police. I take cover in an alleyway; wanted stars flashing. When from outta nowhere, a police kills me. By then, I threw the controller to the floor and it bounced like a jellybean outside of the room. The controller was ok... except the plastic holding the joystick base. Miraculously, the joystick still works.

Now, Resident Evil 6. The game uses the cheapest attacks ever. I even told my friend RE6 is way more cheaper and unfair than Dark Souls 2. While the stupid QTE's are a problem by itself, the combat system is even worse. While the character is busy during a slow animation, he can still be attacked and downed to the "dying" state with ease. And while on that dying state, the enemy easily executes the character. Crawling away or shooting while dying is useless. I could've sold the game, but there is a certain character I really, really like who's extremely underused, under-appreciated and disliked. If only there was a DLC for him...

RenCutypoison said:
I just heard that the last game NIS published had to add an easy mode. Asians said it was too hard.

I'll answer your thread when it's released in Europe (Natural Doctrine)

Wait there's an easy mode now 😞

I don't have the will strength to choose hard. Going to be a little bitch I guess.