By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What´s the last game you played that really pissed you off due to its difficulty/cheapness/other reasons?

Snoorlax said:

DKCR is pretty much one of the cheapest games ever.

People call it a difficult game but that's because they keep dying from cheap deaths you could never see coming.

The fact that people called this one of the hardest games evar pisses me of really hard!

Why? It is one of the most difficult platformers to date that has come out and the fact that you never see things coming is a staple to the original games. This isn't the thing we got called DK64, this is true hard platforming filled with cheap deaths and fun. 

On a side note, Another World is a pretty... profanity creating game

Around the Network

DmC Devil May Cry. The remixed modes when playing on Son of Sparda difficulty or higher is only more difficult because the cheap enemy placement. Granted it'll be no problem for me to beat the game on Dante Must Die because the game isn't that difficult with checkpoints, as well as items and devil trigger which I either haven't used used, items, or rarely use, devil trigger. The games most difficult trophy is Hell and Hell mode, where enemies have full health while you die in one hit on this same bs remixed mode. I'll probably be able to finish it with devil stars and gold orbs on the harder sections, but definitely not going to go through it vanilla.

as a kid it was double dragon vs battletoads are something like that. I could never beat the game. You only had so many continues. I remember trying so hard to beat it,but I just could'nt do it.

last boss in pixeljunk ultimate.
I was up all night to try to get that one but always died in the last stage. I know I can probably get it when I'm better awake but I was so pissed that i haven't touched the game since.

http://rickdangerousflash.free.fr/index.html

A good reminder of how much better gaming is today. Even with infinite lives/bullets this game just pisses me off. It's nothing but cheap deaths. Still love it though, I never got far when it came out originally, at least i made it to the Egypt stage (world 2) now. Oh it's just a re-skinned version of the first world, childhood dreams crushed.

Around the Network

The closest I came to actually throwing my controller was in Persona 4 Arena score attack mode. For anyone unaware this mode is brutally unfair. You face off against the whole cast all of whom are souped up to ridiculous degrees. Basically 1 or 2 mistakes in a match and your dead. My worst loss was with Akihiko, I misjudged the spacing on one of my 5A's and it just barely whiffed and Elizabeth (the last boss of the mode) instant killed me.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Cloudberry Kingdom. Rooooarghhhhhhhh stupid game!!!

Zelda OoT 3DS....It's controls!!! -.-

I trashed many n64 and gamecube no name gamepads but I can't remember at which games.
the moments I remember:

- playing megaman x4-x6 on ps1 emulator, I hit my keyboard so often until my desk broke (keyboard still works)
- yakuza 4 some fight on the beach, my gamepad broke but I was able to fix it with a screw
- ninja gaiden sigma, 2 and 3 .. now I needed to replace the ps3 gamepad (since then I never threw it again)
- dustforce with my xbox360 gamepad, I tried 1 stage for 16 hours until I just couldn't hold me back. trashed the gamepad and then threw it from the 3. floor
- nintendo ds playing yoshi island ds .. I don't remember the stage, it was some part with donkey kong... threw the ds on the floor and against a wall in a hotel room, the wall was damaged a bit. the ds survived lol.

most of the time, I just shout or cry. most recent games : shovel knight in new game plus and volgarr the viking.

The Wonderful 101

Vorkken battles made me so frustrated. Every time I try to unite morph, he manages to strike me before I get a chance. Especially with the Chef's gun.