By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - UPDATED!!! MORE RUMORS: Retro Working on Diddy Kong Racing 2 (Wii U)

Do you like this idea?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 339 36.93%

No... Retro should do something else 281 30.61%

Only if they can do it an... 261 28.43%

dat fur... 35 3.81%

Total:916
AZWification said:

You weren't kidding when you said that you have some weird  gaming tastes...

Well, I'm not a fan of Metroid. It's too boring and confusing for me. Plus, Diddy Kong Racing is...well, Diddy Kong Racing

Around the Network
*Sound Of Rain said:
AZWification said:

You weren't kidding when you said that you have some weird  gaming tastes...

Well, I'm not a fan of Metroid. It's too boring and confusing for me. Plus, Diddy Kong Racing is...well, Diddy Kong Racing

I'm not trying to say DKR was bad or anything though.. Heck, I think it's much better than MK64!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I hope not. This sounds terrible.

AZWification said:

I'm not trying to say DKR was bad or anything though.. Heck, I think it's much better than MK64!

I liked MK64 more than DKR though...

We can't agree on anything...

RE123 > RE4

MK64 > DKR

DKR2 > Metroid U

TTYD is the worst Paper Mario too, why can't you see any of this

*Sound Of Rain said:
AZWification said:

I liked MK64 more than DKR though...

We can't agree on anything...

RE123 > RE4

MK64 > DKR

DKR2 > Metroid U

TTYD is the worst Paper Mario too, why can't you see any of this

The only one that really bugs me is the last one regarding TTYD... Are you trying to say that even Sticker Star is better?!

Around the Network

AZWification said:

The only one that really bugs me is the last one regarding TTYD... Are you trying to say that even Sticker Star is better?!

Sticker Star was better than TTYD & Super Paper Mario. All 4 are great games though.

The original remains one of my favorite games ever though, can't beat that one. 

To keep it on topic, Metroid sucks and Diddy Kong is the cutest video game monkey ever

*Sound Of Rain said:

AZWification said:

Sticker Star was better than TTYD & Super Paper Mario. All 4 are great games though.

The original remains one of my favorite games ever though, can't beat that one. 

To keep it on topic, Metroid sucks and Diddy Kong is the cutest video game monkey ever

Well, that's something I can agree with!

curl-6 said:

It won't be me that chooses, it will be the gaming population, and if you think this will move any significant amount of hardware, you're sadly mistaken.

And if you agree it won't move consoles, then that comes back to it being a waste of resources. Because they need to move consoles.

@Bold I'm not sure why but how exactly would Metroid end up being a whole lot more effective in selling consoles than Diddy Kong Racing ? 

At this point I think it's just best to let Nintendo do what they want to satisfy the existing base rather than attempting to venture out for a bigger audience seeing as how none of the games in the pipeline are going to change the WII U's image. 

curl-6 said:

It won't be me that chooses, it will be the gaming population, and if you think this will move any significant amount of hardware, you're sadly mistaken.

And if you agree it won't move consoles, then that comes back to it being a waste of resources. Because they need to move consoles.

They NEED to make money. That's the most important thing. Not every game is meant to move consoles. Wasting time only making games with 4+ years of developement with the dream of selling hardware is counterproductive. There are 6.6 million people buying Wii U games NOW. All that time is better spent actually give the Wii U a library instead of just 5 or 6 greatest, and only, hits.

Snesboy said:
I hope not. This sounds terrible.

Have you ever even played DKR, or are you just a...

*puts on a pair of shades*

...Snesboy?