By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - UPDATED!!! MORE RUMORS: Retro Working on Diddy Kong Racing 2 (Wii U)

Do you like this idea?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 339 36.93%

No... Retro should do something else 281 30.61%

Only if they can do it an... 261 28.43%

dat fur... 35 3.81%

Total:916
spemanig said:
curl-6 said:

It won't be me that chooses, it will be the gaming population, and if you think this will move any significant amount of hardware, you're sadly mistaken.

And if you agree it won't move consoles, then that comes back to it being a waste of resources. Because they need to move consoles.

They NEED to make money. That's the most important thing. Not every game is meant to move consoles. Wasting time only making games with 4+ years of developement with the dream of selling hardware is counterproductive. There are 6.6 million people buying Wii U games NOW. All that time is better spent actually give the Wii U a library instead of just 5 or 6 greatest, and only, hits.

Not every game is meant to move consoles, true, but the ones that aren't can be done by one of Nintendo's many B teams, or an outside partner like Good Feel. Their A teams need to focus on games with system selling potential.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Snesboy said:
I hope not. This sounds terrible.

Have you ever even played DKR, or are you just a...

*puts on a pair of shades*

...Snesboy?

That made me chuckle, I have to admit!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

hope for money nintendo getting old fans 

hope 4 majora remake :D

Need Metroid. Bai.

FyrFly said:
Need Metroid. Bai.

no

hope 4 majora remake :D

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Not every game is meant to move consoles, true, but the ones that aren't can be done by one of Nintendo's many B teams, or an outside partner like Good Feel. Their A teams need to focus on games with system selling potential.

Or you can use the "better" talent to make a better game. If you want a second exclusive kart racer follow the wind of Mario Kart, you NEED to treat it like a AAA title. You're literally saying that Nintendo should perposefully handicap a game so that another game that would have taken longer to do in the meantime can be done by the "right" team. That's not how Nintendo treated the first, extremely successful, DKR, and that's not how they should, or hopefully would, treat this one, were it to actually exist.

spemanig said:
Snesboy said:
I hope not. This sounds terrible.

Have you ever even played DKR, or are you just a...

*puts on a pair of shades*

...Snesboy?

I love you. And Dr. Cox. This is my favorite post ever.

Yeah, I played it. And I hated in on N64.

Snesboy said:

I love you. And Dr. Cox. This is my favorite post ever.

Yeah, I played it. And I hated in on N64.

That hurts. I thought it was better than MK64. And DD.

spemanig said:
curl-6 said:

Or you can use the "better" talent to make a better game. If you want a second exclusive kart racer follow the wind of Mario Kart, you NEED to treat it like a AAA title. You're literally saying that Nintendo should perposefully handicap a game so that another game that would have taken longer to do in the meantime can be done by the "right" team. That's not how Nintendo treated the first, extremely successful, DKR, and that's not how they should, or hopefully would, treat this one, were it to actually exist.

I'm saying they should invest their top talents in making games with more hardware pushing potential given the Wii U's struggles.

"AAA" games were easier to make back on the N64, back when games were simpler. These days if you have to pick your battles carefully.

I just really hope the rumors are not true. Another Kart game would just be overkill...