By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Nintendo Games Have Some of the Most HATE from Nintendo Fans? (For Dumb Reasons)

Mario Kart Wii, WindWaker, Phantom Hourglass, Other M, Star Fox Adventures, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario 3D World, Super Mario 3D Land, to name a few

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Around the Network

I heard someone hating on mario kart wii because "a kart game shouldn't have motorcycles".

I'm so sick of people hating on Super Mario Sunshine. It was a fantastic game! Everyone I've ever talked to in real life, not on the internet, remembers it fondly and loves it! Why the fuck do people hate it so much on here?!?

Star Fox Adventures is one I sort of understand more, because the space sections weren't that great and that's what the series was about originally, but the game itself was fantastic overall, and I love not just the Star Fox gameplay, but the Star Fox universe, characters, and mythos as well, so seeing the world of Star Fox expanded on and the characters developed more was really awesome! Also I always wanted to do on foot stuff in SF64, and actually use Fox's blaster, and while I didn't get to use the blaster, I got to go on foot, and the staff was pretty cool. Being able to explore an expansive Star Fox world instead of just fly over it was awesome too. I'd love to see a Star Fox game that plays somewhat like a Ratchet and Clank game, with exploration and space shooting both being key gameplay elements. Star Fox Adventures expanded the potential of the Star Fox series, and I really hope when Miyamoto does this reboot that he doesn't get rid of exploration completely, or on foot portions completely, as it would be a big step backwards for the series in my book.

Kid Icarus hate still confuses me. The controls were fine to me. I got used to them by chapter 5ish.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

Every Zelda game that people hate due to artstyle has my vote.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:

Well alot of my love for Sticker Star might be because of my dislike of SPM. At least SS became an RPG again:)

Maybe, but it still didn't have the charm and polish of the first two Paper Mario games imo..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
KLXVER said:

Well alot of my love for Sticker Star might be because of my dislike of SPM. At least SS became an RPG again:)

Maybe, but it still didn't have the charm and polish of the first two Paper Mario games imo..

Yeah, the exeption of sidekicks did make it feel a bit lonely at times. I still thought it had enough funny characters that you met through your journey though.

tbone51 said:

Should i add these to the OP? I dont think DD got hate, MK8 gets a little but not really (only the battle mode which is true!)

But i heard well at least a small few that said they wont purchase the game cuz of the battle mode -_-

Yeah, that's me! :D

I don't really like this thread all that much. I never played Uprising, but if the controlls are cramped, and to some extent actually hurt you after a while, the the criticism is ok. Just because some, or most, have a different oppinion that might simply be because you have different hands! 

And if you, like me play MK 75% for the battle mode, then the criticism against 8 is ok as well. The rest might be the best ever in the franchise, but regular racing just doesn't cut it for me. 

Also I wouldn't call it hating. :P 

I'm not going to describe it as "Retarded reasons" as I find that a little too far. If people choose not to like a game for summit like an Art Style or not liking a certian character than fine that's their issue. I always find people bitch about the game, see people loving it and end up getting themselves only to like the game anyway. The thing I always see is people always point the finger at Nintendo fans because they are probably more noticed than others. I see people doing the same crap to a lot of Microsoft and Sony games, but nah it's Nintendo lol.

Sorty of like when Nintendo posts bad news, we all seem to take noticed and then have a comment about it. Sony said Vita isn't doing well and making losses and people still sit there and comfort them with words praising them. I see it a lot to be honest and I'm not hating on other fans because really it's pages and groups that do that. I just noticed a lot when it's something Nintendo related, most places take noticed, but if Microsoft or Sony are in shit, only a few places and some ignore.

KLXVER said:
AZWification said:

Yeah, the exeption of sidekicks did make it feel a bit lonely at times. I still thought it had enough funny characters that you met through your journey though.

Sticker Star was actually supposed to have a Chain Chomp partner, and it's a shame they dropped that idea because it could have been pretty interesting!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---