By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Nintendo Games Have Some of the Most HATE from Nintendo Fans? (For Dumb Reasons)

homer said:
I think people were justified in hating on 3d world for wiiu when it was announced. It looked like bs cash grab imo. The 3ds one came out a year earlier and to me, it looked like the exact same game on consoles with very little improvements and the additions they made looked retarded. I was mad that the game looked to be like a continuation of Super Mario Bros 2, the worst of the Mario games. Of course, apparently the game was great so whatever. Toads Tracker should also be subjected to this same hate until it proves itself.

It came out 2 years before SM3DW

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
homer said:
I think people were justified in hating on 3d world for wiiu when it was announced. It looked like bs cash grab imo. The 3ds one came out a year earlier and to me, it looked like the exact same game on consoles with very little improvements and the additions they made looked retarded. I was mad that the game looked to be like a continuation of Super Mario Bros 2, the worst of the Mario games. Of course, apparently the game was great so whatever. Toads Tracker should also be subjected to this same hate until it proves itself.

So it did. Still looked god awful and not what people would expect from a 3d mario especially after how awesome the galaxy games were.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

homer said:
tbone51 said:
homer said:

So it did. Still looked god awful and not what people would expect from a 3d mario especially after how awesome the galaxy games were.

That E3 trailer was too bland. The hype came in the Oct direct with all dem power ups/etc. Its just a different take on 3D Mario. tbf SMG/SMG2 dont play like SM64/SMS (overall). Some people see SM3DW as too different unfortunately!

I never understood the hate Super Mario Sunshine got, that game was like superhappyfuntimes, for me anyway. I know people were annoyed by the camera controls and the relative difficulty. I think it was just sky-high expectations after Mario 64 had proven to be such a gamechanger, and SMS couldn't live up to it. Still a total blast though.

anamme said:
I never understood the hate Super Mario Sunshine got, that game was like superhappyfuntimes, for me anyway. I know people were annoyed by the camera controls and the relative difficulty. I think it was just sky-high expectations after Mario 64 had proven to be such a gamechanger, and SMS couldn't live up to it. Still a total blast though.

It was a good game but people at the time hated the water pack. People expected Mario to use arms, legs and different suits to advance through levels and not a water pack. 

Around the Network

i remember Double Dash getting mad hate back in the day and now i regularly see it most listed as the best Mario Kart.

similarly with Sunshine.

The funniest one for me was the dude who reviewed Mario Kart 8, and complained about the lack of ethnic diversity :D

zippy said:
The funniest one for me was the dude who reviewed Mario Kart 8, and complained about the lack of ethnic diversity :D

Also the guy from Polygon who based on alot of data and researching came to the conclusion that Mario Kart 8 would sell a total of 1.99 million by the end of march 2015.lol

KLXVER said:
zippy said:

Also the guy from Polygon who based on alot of data and researching came to the conclusion that Mario Kart 8 would sell a total of 1.99 million by the end of march 2015.lol

He is still barfing crow as we speak :)

I nominate Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze for "I wanted Retro to do something else".