By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Nintendo Games Have Some of the Most HATE from Nintendo Fans? (For Dumb Reasons)

InnocentSin said:

The story in Mario RPGs may be basic but they have a lot of charm and charisma to them. Sticker Star took that all away and suffered because of it, imo. 

How did it take that away? 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Will be pretty hard to beat "I ignored Super Mario 3D World because it's 2D.", although there are things like "Game X belongs on handhelds, not going to play this one.".

I fail to see how "I just don't care for 2D Mario" is an invalid opinion or response. Different people have different tastes.

prayformojo said:
RolStoppable said:
Will be pretty hard to beat "I ignored Super Mario 3D World because it's 2D.", although there are things like "Game X belongs on handhelds, not going to play this one.".

I fail to see how "I just don't care for 2D Mario" is an invalid opinion or response. Different people have different tastes.

......well Mario 3D World isnt 2d in any way...

KLXVER said:

Well the story in Mario games are usually pretty basic though. 

Anyway I prefer Sticker Star over the 20 hour tutorial that is M&L: Dream Team;)

Well, that might apply to the Mario platformers, but going from Super Paper Mario to Sticker Star in terms of story feels like a huge kick in the nuts!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
KLXVER said:

Well the story in Mario games are usually pretty basic though. 

Anyway I prefer Sticker Star over the 20 hour tutorial that is M&L: Dream Team;)

Well, that might apply to the Mario platformers, but going from Super Paper Mario to Sticker Star in terms of story feels like a huge kick in the nuts!

Really? I thought the story in SPM was just weird. Not that interesting.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
InnocentSin said:

The story in Mario RPGs may be basic but they have a lot of charm and charisma to them. Sticker Star took that all away and suffered because of it, imo. 

Characterization wasn't done very well. There were no partners which may not seem like much but they had a huge impact on story. They were charming and fun and offered more depth/strategy into the gameplay. I didn't like how they handled Bowser either. Then again, I've only played a little bit of Sticker Star mostly because I got bored so my opinion could be very invalid.

KLXVER said:
prayformojo said:
RolStoppable said:

......well Mario 3D World isnt 2d in any way...

My point is, if someone says 3D World isn't their cup of tea because they prefer SM64 style Mario games, no one should get pissed off and cranky about it. I could understand if someone said "3D World sucks balls because it's not like SM64" but just saying you prefer the other style of gameplay shouldn't anger anyone. 

InnocentSin said:
KLXVER said:
InnocentSin said:

Characterization wasn't done very well. There were no partners which may not seem like much but they had a huge impact on story. They were charming and fun and offered more depth/strategy into the gameplay. I didn't like how they handled Bowser either. Then again, I've only played a little bit of Sticker Star mostly because I got bored so my opinion could be very invalid.

Nah, I dont think its invalid. I get many of the complaints, but I just find it weird that so many people hate it because of those reasons.

prayformojo said:

My point is, if someone says 3D World isn't their cup of tea because they prefer SM64 style Mario games, no one should get pissed off and cranky about it. I could understand if someone said "3D World sucks balls because it's not like SM64" but just saying you prefer the other style of gameplay shouldn't anger anyone. 

I agree with that. Different strokes etc...

KLXVER said:

Really? I thought the story in SPM was just weird. Not that interesting.

I thought the story was pretty amusing! The relationships between characters were pretty amusing as well!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---