By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Nintendo Games Have Some of the Most HATE from Nintendo Fans? (For Dumb Reasons)

Pavolink said:
Other M and Skyward Sword. At least SS is because Zelda cycle, but Other M? Some overreact as if the game was unplayable.

Other M gets unbelievable hate. I thinks its a good game gameplay wise. The story (acting) was beyond horrible. Only thing was the facing cursor to a third person shooter view could of been better.

Around the Network

Wii Sports is not a game despite being all about gameplay and not being diluted by any story.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Brawl because not meele/competitive.

And for me spirit tracks is in the top 2 of zelda games. People could complain that was not really open world or because the touch controls, but i loved that game, discover new tracks is awsome and use the boomerang is really fun.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Both Zelda II and Mario 2 are the original poster children for this thread, and neither one of them deserve it.

The typical line of dissent used against Mario 2 by the haters is "...but it's not a REAL Mario game!" So? You say this and yet for a game that wasn't even originally a Mario title, it has proven to be one of the most influential installments of the series and which even the most current of Mario titles continue to borrow from, like multiple playable characters with different gameplay characteristics / abilities for example.

Zelda II gets hate because again it differs so much from the original (we don't want change, dammit!) as it's essentially a side-scrolling action game with RPG elements. It too is one of the most influential Zeldas and one that modern installments continue to borrow from, such as multiple towns / side quests and the introduction of a magic meter that is used in conjunction with certain items / weapons.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

tbone51 said:
Pavolink said:
Other M and Skyward Sword. At least SS is because Zelda cycle, but Other M? Some overreact as if the game was unplayable.

Other M gets unbelievable hate. I thinks its a good game gameplay wise. The story (acting) was beyond horrible. Only thing was the facing cursor to a third person shooter view could of been better.

Yep. There was a lot of potential but execution was bad. Even so, it's a good game.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Pavolink said:

I'm sorry, but Other M deserved all that hate.. Leaving the story aside, the soundtrack is underwhelming, the game is extremely linear, you are forced the control with the sideways Wiimote and the first person mode was absolute garbage ( you couldn't even move during that mode!)... :-/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

David_Hernandeez said:

I personally think star fox adventure fits in Star Fox, it just need the space sections to be great, and the on foot sections needed better controls in Assault, but a combination of SF 64+ SF Adventures+ SF Assault would be a great idea.

Anyway many forgot Super Smash Bros Brawl, because it doesn't play as Melee, or Melee is more balanced than Brawl(sure, its not)

Someone finally understands! I agree, Assault foot sections were awful. Star Fox needs great space sections, but I want it to have great ground sections as well, and Adventures did that wonderfully. At least Assault tried to put them together. I personally think a new approach altogether is needed. Change it from a scene by scene linear approach to the missions to a hub based approach. Imagine a Star Fox game where you start at the Great Fox, and get hired to go to various planets as mercenaries. Reconaissance missions would let you explore the planet, gather intelligence, and connect with the locals. Uncover an enemy base to unlock a raid mission and go in guns blazing with Arwing, Landmaster, etc. Uncover an enemy plot to initiate a stealth mission. You get the idea. Over the course of the game, you uncover a plot to start a galactic war and have to stop it, or something like that. Pursuit missions could take the place of the on rails portions. The game would have moments of the fast paced space dogfighting action of 64, the action packed battles of Assault, and the laid back paced exploration of Adventures.

archer9234 said:
burninmylight said:
Once Zelda U is released, Skyward Sword will suddenly become the Internet's favorite game of all time.

I guess it could happend. Nintendo just has to make a even worse helper companion. Fii beat out Navi. So I wouldn't be surpised they could top this. Make the horse talk like WW boat. Bother you in every menu. And in every item you use. Draw a marker that tells you were to go. But is so stupid it shifts if you change your elevations.

Nah, more like fans will suddenly realize how Fii is the most helpful and thoughtful helper ever, ensuring that you are never at a loss for guidance and direction. The loftwing will be beatified as the most unique and inspired mode of transportation ever. And the motion controls will be so inseperable that it was absolutely foolish of Nintendo to abandon them.

NightDragon83 said:

Zelda II gets hate because again it differs so much from the original (we don't want change, dammit!) as it's essentially a side-scrolling action game with RPG elements. It too is one of the most influential Zeldas and one that modern installments continue to borrow from, such as multiple towns / side quests and the introduction of a magic meter that is used in conjunction with certain items / weapons.

Hehe, if only. Don't get me wrong, I agree wholeheartedly, but no Zelda since Zelda II has had quite so many towns. I can only hope Zelda U will finally bring that back. For the past couple of decades, it's mostly been "Here's Hyrule Castle, here's Kakariko, and here's a few scattered, sparsely populated villages of non-human races, and maybe a couple of remote single houses sprinkled in if we're feeling generous." Zelda II arguably gave the best impression of a vast, populated world of any Zelda thus far.

Michael-5 said:
Dulfite said:
Chameleon Twist. That game was one lf the finest gems of the 64 era that nobody and nobodies mother's even bother to give time.

I hated that game, and I'm sure others did too.

However Mischeif Makers and Glover get little no no recognition.

I was always very close to renting Chameleon Twist from Blockbuster, but I never got around to it. It's not a Nintendo game though, Dulfite.

But since we're talking about non-Nintendo published games, I love me some Mischief Makers! How I long for those simpler times when you could have a moe protagonist catching missiles and throwing them back at floating lizards while going "Shake Shake!"

I heard Glover actually sucked though.