By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Sony to actually buy Epic Games and possibly Deep silver.

You need to do it via twitter!

Around the Network

I just got finished watching gameplay from a behind closed door even of an amazing looking game that Sony is developing. I can't tell you the name of the game, sorry, but from my sources within the company, the game will be announced late this year.  What's even more unbelievable is who's developing the game. 

walsufnir said:
You need to do it via twitter!

do you think more people will notice me? i dont do this because i am an attention whore, no no, i do this to bring the truth to the people. #bringeroftruth #noattentionwhore #insiderpleasebelieveme

About time we had a new insider, though judging by his name he seems a little backwards.

I, for one, believe everything he just said.

Amazing news bananaking! Its about time we got a legit insider, with some real news

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:

One of my reliable sources just confirmed to me that Nintendo just bought the Halo IP from Sony.

But when the hell will Sony buy the Metroid IP from Microsoft?!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

bananaking21 said:

You know what, fuck it. if a self proclaimed insider can go around yapping around on twitter and have news articles quote him every where, regardless of the countless times he has been wrong before, i should be able to do it too. so people take this however you want, but i assure you my totally real inside information is legit. i am a very important person, keep looking at me people. so here it goes.

Industry insider Gnikananab who has a good track record has teased some information somewhere on the internet. he says that Sony are indeed looking to buy a new company but they are looking at no other than Epic Games. 

"Epic Games are in the pooper right now, they havent released a game since Gears 3, they poured all their money Fortnite which isnt even close to releasing, they even had to sell the Gears IP to MS, but that still didnt save them, Sony will" Gnikananab said someplace on the internet, which makes his statements totally true.

"Deep silver are also in a bad place, Dead Island was a fluke and they got too big too fast for their own good, they need somebody to bail them out, and Sony has some money laying around for all the PS4 sales, they are considering it. trust me people, i am a very important guy on the internet, i would never lie to seek attention. #PS4 #NoLies #inThePooper #PigeonJohnGnikananab said in another post. 

It will cost Sony lots of money to buy epic I would believe it if they said Microsoft gonna buy epic but Sony where is the money even if they make lots of profits by selling ps4 so far won't be enough for them to be able to buy epic games 

I completely believe you!!!

Now create an anonymous account on reddit or something with a user name like say.. Going Out Wild and post this same info without the sarcasm and in a few hours it will be picked up by neogaf. How will decipher your user name to mean God of war developer, and they will probably conclude you are none other than cory barlog himself and this is tied to the GOW franchise at least using the unreal engine.

10hrs later it will get carried by Dualshockers and hit N4g/PS4. Then a few hours after that it will hit GS and IGN. By this time on monday you will get an official statement from Epic confirming or denying it.

Do it.

Hardcore_gamer said:

It will cost Sony lots of money to buy epic I would believe it if they said Microsoft gonna buy epic but Sony where is the money even if they make lots of profits by selling ps4 so far won't be enough for them to be able to buy epic games 

I can see you have no idea how multibillion dollar corporations does business :)

Some perspective, do you know that one (or was it two individuals) bought the liverpool football club in england for $1B? Whats even cooler... is that they didn't even use their own money. Funny thing business is.

Wait Tencent own 50% of Epic, does that mean Sony are buying Tencent? Holy shit League of Legends 2 PS4 exclusive confirmed by inside source!!!! I better let Kotaku know

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!