By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Sony to actually buy Epic Games and possibly Deep silver.

This rumor is a load of rubish!

Sony already have 16 studios in thier firstparty stable.  They have no reason to buy Epic or Deep Silver.

Also, if they really wanted a new studio so bad, they could easily just open one thierselves rather than spend a wad of cash to buy out an already exzisting one.

Besides, its not like Sony is in a position to be making big aquizitions anyways.  The PS4 may be doing well, but as a whole, Sony is bleeding money.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:

"Epic Games are in the pooper right now, they havent released a game since Gears 3, they poured all their money Fortnite which isnt even close to releasing, they even had to sell the Gears IP to MS, but that still didnt save them, Sony will" Gnikananab said someplace on the internet, which makes his statements totally true.

I know Gears judgement was super forgettable but if your insider is to be credible he should know about these things. I believe epic also released another installment in their hack and slash mobile game since Gears 3.

bananaking21 said:

"Epic Games are in the pooper right now, they havent released a game since Gears 3, they poured all their money Fortnite which isnt even close to releasing, they even had to sell the Gears IP to MS, but that still didnt save them, Sony will" Gnikananab said someplace on the internet, which makes his statements totally true.

Actually they had. It's Gears Of War Judgment.

On the other hand, Sony is recovering with PS4's success but it's not yet capable of throwing huge amounts of money to acquire AAA developers. Partnering with indies or building up from the ground is much cheaper.

Prediction made in 14/01/2014 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 70M      WiiU: 25M

Prediction made in 01/04/2016 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 18M

Prediction made in 15/04/2017 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 90M      XOne: 40M      WiiU: 15M      Switch: 20M

Prediction made in 24/03/2018 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 110M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 14M      Switch: 65M

Bananaking lol nice

I Hate the fact that all these pillows are contaminated by retard!!

DerNebel said:
I heard from reliable sources that Sony has bought 343i and the Halo IP from MS, they're going drop the bomb at Gamescom and announce that the Master Chief Collection is now PSV exclusive.

Hahahahahahahaha

Around the Network

Hopefully Sony makes Unreal Tournament 4 now.

#cantwait

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

SWORDF1SH said:
Ucell said:
More believable rumor: Microsoft to buy God Of War IP from Sony and develop an X1 exclusive God Of War X Gears Of War.

I heard about that game. The whole tournament will be fought for something quite special, to win the the abrevations rights of GOW. The loser will have to carry an embarrassing lower case letter *smerk*. GeOW/GoOW

No, it would be a tale of Marcus Fenix and Kratos teaming up to take down there foes, Master Chief and Nathan Drake respectively, for being treated as second-class mascots for Xbox and PS.

It will be followed by Sony sueing MS for including Drake in the game and making off with a billion dollars, and thus post a profit to pleasantly surprise investors! ;)

oh god no!!! I wouldn't want any of those studios to be part of Sony's 1st party.

lolz oh it's a joke thread. sorry for dbl post, hard for me to edit on vita

You are doing a real service to the gaming community, is there somewhere I can paypal you a donation for fighting the good fight?

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling