By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "I don't get the point of TLOU Remastered"

KLXVER said:
prayformojo said:
KLXVER said:
prayformojo said:

Notice how I said "were new to consoles."

Well Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong jr. and Mario Bros. werent new to consoles. They were on the Atari 2600 and several other consoles before the NES.

None of those were "major" first part NES titles. I'm talking SMB,Zelda,Metroid,Kirby etc. I don't remember the SNES launching with a remake of SMB3. I don't remember PS1 launching with a remake of FF2. I don't recall the PS2 launching with a remake of Syphon Filter or MGS. 

Things have changed.

Donkey Kong and Mario Bros. was not major titles? The PS4, XB1 and WiiU didnt launch with any remakes either...

Compared to the main entires, they weren't a blip on the radar. And PS4 has TLOU, Wii-U had WW and Xbone has Halo 1,2,3 and 4 coming out. All in less than one year. 

Around the Network
prayformojo said:

Compared to the main entires, they weren't a blip on the radar. And PS4 has TLOU, Wii-U had WW and Xbone has Halo 1,2,3 and 4 coming out. All in less than one year. 

Just give it up already... You started out saying consoles never used to have remakes or ports, then you went down to launch titles and now youre saying in the first year of release. Also saying stuff like Donkey Kong and Mario Bros werent major titles. They were major on the Atari 2600.

If you are that desperate, then fine: You win. Happy sleep.

kupomogli said:
Hynad said:

Nothing prevents the coders to work on this remaster while a new project is in pre-production. As usual, you keep playing the sale old broken record. Blowing things out of proportions. You have no idea how many people this remaster needed. And no idea if it affected any other project.

Regardless if a single person has been coding The Last of Us Remastered, that's one person that's been taken away from another possible project.  Resources that could have been used on something new.  Maybe I sound like a broken record because I don't have to twist my words into different scenarios?  Unlike a lot of people here giving different excuses for a developer they like.  Maybe that's why they do it.  They see one person defending The Last of Us Remastered and  the rest join in.  You know that word I'm thinking of, right Hynad?

I think you are missing the point entirely. I DO NOT WANT a game or IP, I want TLOU Remastered with slight graphical improvements and 60fps. That is what I want. That is what Millions want. I think the people who want it most are about equal between the people who played it (its that good I cant wait to play again) and a whole new audience of millions of people who converted from 360 to PS4 this gen. You know what, you might be right them making this game 'could' be taking away from something else. But people DO NOT WANT something else!! They want TLOU! How do you not get that?!?! 

If you don't want it, cool for you. Why are you so butt hurt that others want it so badly? 

d21lewis said:
I really don't care about this being a re-release. Do you guys have any idea how many times I bought Tomb Raider Legend? No big deal to me. My thing is this: ANY of you motherfuckers that talked shit about Tomb Raider Definitive Edition (which I also bought) and is now suddenly hyped about The Last of Us on PS4 can suck my dirty black cock because you are a HYPOCRITE.

For the record, I supported TR: DE

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

prayformojo said:
KLXVER said:
prayformojo said:

Well Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong jr. and Mario Bros. werent new to consoles. They were on the Atari 2600 and several other consoles before the NES.

None of those were "major" first part NES titles. I'm talking SMB,Zelda,Metroid,Kirby etc.

NES launch: July 1983, SMB: 26 months later, Zelda: 31 months later (FDS), Metroid: 37 months later, Kirby: 116 months later

Where were these new games in the first two years of the console?

Around the Network
Conina said:
prayformojo said:
KLXVER said:
prayformojo said:

None of those were "major" first part NES titles. I'm talking SMB,Zelda,Metroid,Kirby etc.

NES launch: July 1983, SMB: 26 months later, Zelda: 31 months later (FDS), Metroid: 37 months later, Kirby: 116 months later

Where were these new games in the first two years of the console?

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Any game is released because there is a perceived market for them, why remakes and remasters would be any different?

How would you allocate coders, engineers and some of the artist needed for the project on another project on pre-project? Make them bring coffe or half-assed do a portion of the game they aren't top notch?

Also a lot of the assets were super sampled enough that could be used as is.

Would you complain if a 3rd party exclusive is being ported to a different competitor with enhancements and dlc? Or that all games should be single plat so we don't take resources of a new game?

And sandbox remaster good but action adventure not. Is space marine shooter remaster good then or just if 10 years old sales2099?

Why so many cherry picked boundaries to what is acceptable or not just to fit agenda? Just put remaster I want is good decision if not it's bad and everybody who support it are moron? Why hide it?

I think most people complaining here is because a game they like is being outshined by TLOU.

For me all greatest hits should be remastered every gen and sold in collections as long as new games are made no one loses and is a great way to train newcomers and keep small studios alive making money with lower risk. Still waiting for my soul reaver remake and the power to fly.

Also I have a silly question. Isn't it a consesus that ninty is basically remaking the same games every gen? What about sports games? Haven't heard of rules changes on the last 30 years so there should be no point on a yearly release.

TLOU sold 6M on 80M base so there is still a lot of people that may have upgraded without buying TLOU that may want it on ps4. And be certain that uncharted collection may release close to uc4 to double dippers and people that want to discover the history before buying uc4. Halo mcc will be great for people that decide to enter into the franchise for the 1st time on x1.

Finally there is a guy complaining about the port and demanding port of all 1st parties as counter weight. Even sub 1M sellers. Are you serious?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Any game is released because there is a perceived market for them, why remakes and remasters would be any different?

How would you allocate coders, engineers and some of the artist needed for the project on another project on pre-project? Make them bring coffe or half-assed do a portion of the game they aren't top notch?

Also a lot of the assets were super sampled enough that could be used as is.

Would you complain if a 3rd party exclusive is being ported to a different competitor with enhancements and dlc? Or that all games should be single plat so we don't take resources of a new game?

And sandbox remaster good but action adventure not. Is space marine shooter remaster good then or just if 10 years old sales2099?

Why so many cherry picked boundaries to what is acceptable or not just to fit agenda? Just put remaster I want is good decision if not it's bad and everybody who support it are moron? Why hide it?

I think most people complaining here is because a game they like is being outshined by TLOU.

For me all greatest hits should be remastered every gen and sold in collections as long as new games are made no one loses and is a great way to train newcomers and keep small studios alive making money with lower risk. Still waiting for my soul reaver remake and the power to fly.

Also I have a silly question. Isn't it a consesus that ninty is basically remaking the same games every gen? What about sports games? Haven't heard of rules changes on the last 30 years so there should be no point on a yearly release.

TLOU sold 6M on 80M base so there is still a lot of people that may have upgraded without buying TLOU that may want it on ps4. And be certain that uncharted collection may release close to uc4 to double dippers and people that want to discover the history before buying uc4. Halo mcc will be great for people that decide to enter into the franchise for the 1st time on x1.

Finally there is a guy complaining about the port and demanding port of all 1st parties as counter weight. Even sub 1M sellers. Are you serious?

Very well said!  I get tired of these arbitrary arguments over what should "qualify" and what shouldn't.  People should just buy and enjoy the games they want, end of story.

I am glad they did it and glad they dropped the price, though it should be $40. The game is worth it though I already own and beat it. Now I get to take snapshots, record gameplay and play it in 1080p/60fps which will make the experience better.It will also plug the gap during the summer game drought. Win win.

I have no problem with this getting remastered, hell we had like 100 HD remasters last gen also didnt sony recently say that a large portion of PS4 owners werent PS3 owners? If thats the case then this is an excellent chance for those people to finally play it.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.