By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "I don't get the point of TLOU Remastered"

I can't believe how many people here are wasting time beating a dead horse! Look, the game is being remastered...it's done, people. Love it or hate it, game devs are going to remaster the most popular games from last gen, add in the DLC and try to resell the game! I am going to buy it, as I haven't played it yet, and it makes more sense to buy the PS4 version WITH all of the DLC.

All that being said, it's going to sell reasonably well...enough copies WILL be sold to justify the investment in time and manpower that Naughty Dog put into it.

Is it going to change the world? No. Is it going to sell more than COD or Destiny? No. But it doesn't HAVE to. It just needs to recoup the development costs...and it's going to do that and more.

So quit arguing about it. Don't like the game? Or the concept of remastered games? Great. Don't buy it. Like the game? Haven't played it? Or just want to play a newer, better version of the game you love? Great. Buy it. Argument over.

Around the Network

See the thing is that Wind Waker is what, 10 years old? It makes sense to revive it. GTA5, the graphics upgrade to the entire sandbox warrants an automatic necessity. It would be a damn shame not to have the game be prettier if we had the option.

LOU just screams "too soon". Its in demand, because Naughty Dog has a very loyal following that is just happy to throw money at them. That said, it's the principle of the matter. Seems like its creation is for the purpose to pay ND bills.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:

See the thing is that Wind Waker is what, 10 years old? It makes sense to revive it. GTA5, the graphics upgrade to the entire sandbox warrants an automatic necessity. It would be a damn shame not to have the game be prettier if we had the option.

LOU just screams "too soon". Its in demand, because Naughty Dog has a very loyal following that is just happy to throw money at them. That said, it's the principle of the matter. Seems like its creation is for the purpose to pay ND bills.

No, I think they made this game just to annoy you...you personally.

kupomogli said:
Hynad said:

Nothing prevents the coders to work on this remaster while a new project is in pre-production. As usual, you keep playing the sale old broken record. Blowing things out of proportions. You have no idea how many people this remaster needed. And no idea if it affected any other project.

Regardless if a single person has been coding The Last of Us Remastered, that's one person that's been taken away from another possible project.  Resources that could have been used on something new.  Maybe I sound like a broken record because I don't have to twist my words into different scenarios?  Unlike a lot of people here giving different excuses for a developer they like.  Maybe that's why they do it.  They see one person defending The Last of Us Remastered and  the rest join in.  You know that word I'm thinking of, right Hynad?

Actually, coders/programmers often lose their job in the videogame industry right after a project is done, some get re-hired. If the programmers weren't working on TLoU they would potentially be without work. But none of us know what the situation is, it could go both ways. Your talking speculation.

sales2099 said:

So GTA is ok but TLOU(which is older than GTA5) don't? You talk about graphical improvements on GTA but ignore the graphical improvements on TLOU:R. //IF Naughty doge is lying about this then you have a point though ;) 

Plus a lot of people here,including you if i remember well, said in the past that sony did wrong puting their last year's first party games on PS3 than PS4 instead.Now their are doing this and you are saying is too soon?!

Plus² there is alot of Xbox 360 gamers jumping on PS4(1/3 of the fanbase says sony) so it's not like this game is just for double dipers.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
prayformojo said:
I'm old enough to remember when Nintendo, Sony and MS didn't even RELEASE remakes. Yes, that's right kids. There was a time when every game that was released was brand new. Crazy aint it?

Yeah, and not true.

Yeah, and very true. When the NES first launched, all of the major first party titles were new to consoles (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Kirby, Mike Tysons PO etc.) None of them were Atari 2600 remakes.

When the PS1 first launched, all of the major first and third party games were new to consoles (MGS,RE, Twisted Metal, Syphon Filter, FF7-9, Castlevania SOTN etc.) None of them were SNES remakes

When the PS2 launched, all of the major first and third party games were new to consoles (GTA3, GT3, ZOE, FFX, Ratchet, Sly, Jak, SOCOM, MGS2) None of them were PS1 remakes.

Believe it or not, companies use believed in releasing either brand new franchises or entries of old franchises. Maybe that's because today's kids are online begging for old games to get upresed and re-released instead of demanding new games. Just take a look at every thread that asked which Zelda should be next. Half will be "MM!!!! OMG!!! IT WOULD BE SO AWESOME!!!"

prayformojo said:
KLXVER said:
prayformojo said:
I'm old enough to remember when Nintendo, Sony and MS didn't even RELEASE remakes. Yes, that's right kids. There was a time when every game that was released was brand new. Crazy aint it?

Yeah, and not true.

Yeah, and very true. When the NES first launched, all of the major first party titles were new to consoles (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Kirby, Mike Tysons PO etc.) None of them were Atari 2600 remakes.

When the PS1 first launched, all of the major first and third party games were new to consoles (MGS,RE, Twisted Metal, Syphon Filter, FF7-9, Castlevania SOTN etc.) None of them were SNES remakes

When the PS2 launched, all of the major first and third party games were new to consoles (GTA3, GT3, ZOE, FFX, Ratchet, Sly, Jak, SOCOM, MGS2) None of them were PS1 remakes.

Believe it or not, companies use believed in releasing either brand new franchises or entries of old franchises. Maybe that's because today's kids are online begging for old games to get upresed and re-released instead of demanding new games. Just take a look at every thread that asked which Zelda should be next. Half will be "MM!!!! OMG!!! IT WOULD BE SO AWESOME!!!"

The NES had Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong jr., Mario Bros, Kung-Fu and Popeye. All arcade games.

OttoniBastos said:
sales2099 said:

So GTA is ok but TLOU(which is older than GTA5) don't? You talk about graphical improvements on GTA but ignore the graphical improvements on TLOU:R. //IF Naughty doge is lying about this then you have a point though ;) 

Plus a lot of people here,including you if i remember well, said in the past that sony did wrong puting their last year's first party games on PS3 than PS4 instead.Now their are doing this and you are saying is too soon?!

Plus² there is alot of Xbox 360 gamers jumping on PS4(1/3 of the fanbase says sony) so it's not like this game is just for double dipers.

Just want to say that graphic improvements in a sandbox game >>>> graphic improvements in a non-sandbox games. Like Tomb Raider or GTA, I think this is for the double dippers more then anything. The 360 gamers switching allegiance is only a bonus coincidence.

I guess, I had to really get real on this subject, it's that I think the fans expected Sony to do "more" with this. LOU remastered seems too vanilla I suppose.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

TLOU actually makes much more sense than GTA or TR. Both of those games were on both last gen consoles, accessible to many more gamers than this Sony exclusive. People buying GTA and TR are certainly double dipping more than is the case with TLOU, which will get picked up by many X360 owners that decided to go with PS4 this gen.

I am 100% certain that Microsoft would have done the same thing, but unfortunatelly they don't have any critically acclaimed X360 exclusives in the past couple of years to port. If we don't count Halo 4 which they are porting in a few months.

Exactly what Burek said. And as pre-orders suggest, it would have a been a waste not porting TLOU to PS4. Besides, remember the E3 when TLOU was unveiled? At that time everyone thinking it was a PS4 game? Well, I can be wrong, but TLOU always looked like something that fitted better PS4 rather than PS3, not saying it runs terrible on the later, but it is designed to be a system seller and this Remaster can still prove to move a few thousands Ps4s only because of TLOU.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...