By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "I don't get the point of TLOU Remastered"

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
ExplodingBlock said:

Guess it is a thing of the past

:/

Really its a terrible decision, for everyone involved.

PS3 hardware in the PS4 which is the cheapest route outside of streaming will cost at least 200$.

Sony can take the loss and accumulate about 2 billion in losses from this alone i.e 8.4 mill * 200 = 1.6 billion.

Sell the PS4 at 600$, get destroyed by the competition in exactly the same way as the PS3, and consumers have to pay more for the system.

Or they can weaken the PS4 by using the cell in it, effectively spending making a console that cost 200$ that would probably be at parity with Wii U in performance at best, much below it at worse. Competing with a 500$ console, with much more power. 

Every scenario is bad, its really an issue of purposely using exotic architectures in the past.

Ok that makes much more sense now, thanks. Sorry I am not really a playstation guy

Around the Network
AZWification said:
The point of TLOU Remastered is obviously to make $$$$!

That pretty much sums up all the re-releases in a nutshell. It's been a successful business so far it seems. Definitely won't die down and we'll all pick/choose what we love/hate about that specific practice.

bigtakilla said:
overman1 said:

then wind maker is a cash grab too..

what was so cheap about Wind Waker HD?

Re-recording all music with a full orchestra

Changing the aspect ratio for the game from 4:3 to 16:9 (and not by just stretching the picture or adding black bars)

Updating all the graphics

adding content into the game such as Miiverse functionality (for posting pictures, sending pictures in game in bottles for people to find and leave hints), adding a HUD on the second screen for quick map and item access

Adding off tv play

Now what is TLOU going to do for their remake

Update graphics

Yeah, the parallels are uncanny. 

I dunno... maybe people have already commented on this but... ill give it a go.

TLOU has updated graphics and all the dlc content included. 

Changing the aspect ratio, isnt that the same as updating the graphics according to you?

I mean i would say aspect ratio is in the same ball park as resolution and framerate and you relate those to the graphics fidelity. 

I dont know if Vita off tv play is available. But i guess that it would?

Theres also the base ps4 functions such as streaming available now.

You could also say that they rerecorded all the prerendered scenes in full HD 60fps.

Litteraly the only differentiating factors are that one is older than the other

You know guys, that like it or not, this game is going to sell EXTREMELY well, right? Buy it or not...but for pete's sake, quit beating the dead horse with these arguments!