By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "I don't get the point of TLOU Remastered"

overman1 said:

then wind maker is a cash grab too..

what was so cheap about Wind Waker HD?

Re-recording all music with a full orchestra

Changing the aspect ratio for the game from 4:3 to 16:9 (and not by just stretching the picture or adding black bars)

Updating all the graphics

adding content into the game such as Miiverse functionality (for posting pictures, sending pictures in game in bottles for people to find and leave hints), adding a HUD on the second screen for quick map and item access

Adding off tv play

Now what is TLOU going to do for their remake

Update graphics

Yeah, the parallels are uncanny. 

Around the Network
Hynad said:

You'll have to provide links to support most of what you claimed about the game's graphics.
Especially so, since you're misinformed about a few of them. Like the game's music. It's the same as before: It uses samples. They've only been remastered.

But here are some of the points about The Last of Us:

1: The game is still in high demand, despite being barely over one year old. :D

2: The game is going from 720p with barely any AA, to native 1080p with proper AA.

3: The framerate has been improved from 30fps to a rock solid 60fps, despite the doubling of the resolution and the original not being from 2 console generations ago.

4: In-game character models now match their pre-rendered cut-scenes counterparts.

5: Higher resolution textures.

6: A commentary track has been recorded with the game's director and the two main voice actors, which you can choose to listen as you play the game. 

7: Music was left untouched as it was already pretty much flawless and recorded using proper real instruments. ^_-

8: New console exclusive features were added to the game like game session video recording, sharing said video recording with friends, streaming it entirely, or posting it to a video hosting website like youtube. It is yet unknown if any controller specific improvements have been made. So let's not jump to conclusions about them. You can also voice chat with a friend even if they're not playing The Last of Us. =)

9: Every DLCs released for the game so far have been included on this single disc. So much for being such a despicable cash grab, right?

10: Several other gameplay improvements were implemented.

11: Improved shadows and lighting.

So better graphics and that's it, gottcha. Oh, and a commentary track.

bigtakilla said:
Hynad said:

You'll have to provide links to support most of what you claimed about the game's graphics.
Especially so, since you're misinformed about a few of them. Like the game's music. It's the same as before: It uses samples. They've only been remastered.

But here are some of the points about The Last of Us:

1: The game is still in high demand, despite being barely over one year old. :D

2: The game is going from 720p with barely any AA, to native 1080p with proper AA.

3: The framerate has been improved from 30fps to a rock solid 60fps, despite the doubling of the resolution and the original not being from 2 console generations ago.

4: In-game character models now match their pre-rendered cut-scenes counterparts.

5: Higher resolution textures.

6: A commentary track has been recorded with the game's director and the two main voice actors, which you can choose to listen as you play the game. 

7: Music was left untouched as it was already pretty much flawless and recorded using proper real instruments. ^_-

8: New console exclusive features were added to the game like game session video recording, sharing said video recording with friends, streaming it entirely, or posting it to a video hosting website like youtube. It is yet unknown if any controller specific improvements have been made. So let's not jump to conclusions about them. You can also voice chat with a friend even if they're not playing The Last of Us. =)

9: Every DLCs released for the game so far have been included on this single disc. So much for being such a despicable cash grab, right?

10: Several other gameplay improvements were implemented.

11: Improved shadows and lighting.

So better graphics and that's it, gottcha. Oh, and a commentary track.

Oh, you're a fan of selective reading. Gotcha.

> Xbox and Nintendo people think the game is unnecessary.
> PlayStation people want the game.

Solution: Let Playstation people buy the game and if you don't like it, just don't buy it!

See? Could it be more simple? :D

3DS, Wii, PSP, Vita, PS2, PS3, PS4 & Steam.

Guys, this really is going nowhere fast. Lets just agree to disagree and enjoy whatever games we want.
I thought TLOUR wasnt needed, but it seems like alot of people think otherwise. So if there is a big demand for it, then we cant really say its not needed.

Around the Network
Hynad said:

Did I not delve deep enough into the several other gameplay improvements were implemented. Lol. 

bigtakilla said:
Hynad said:

Did I not delve deep enough into the several other gameplay improvements were implemented. Lol. 

You can't delve really far into something you clearly know nothing about. So why do you continue to bait people and keep on downplaying the game?

KLXVER said:
Guys, this really is going nowhere fast. Lets just agree to disagree and enjoy whatever games we want.
I thought TLOUR wasnt needed, but it seems like alot of people think otherwise. So if there is a big demand for it, then we cant really say its not needed.

that is the key point.   There is demand for it,  both from people who own the game, and those who havent played it.   That is the point of the remaster.  To appease those people.   If there is a large group of people telling a company to sell them something that is pretty easy to produce, it would be stupid not to.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

bigtakilla said:
overman1 said:

then wind maker is a cash grab too..

what was so cheap about Wind Waker HD?

Re-recording all music with a full orchestra

Changing the aspect ratio for the game from 4:3 to 16:9 (and not by just stretching the picture or adding black bars)

Updating all the graphics

adding content into the game such as Miiverse functionality (for posting pictures, sending pictures in game in bottles for people to find and leave hints), adding a HUD on the second screen for quick map and item access

Adding off tv play

Now what is TLOU going to do for their remake

Update graphics

Yeah, the parallels are uncanny. 

Oh please,

•  increased graphics and specs 1080p/60fps
  •  Ellie's past in Left Behind, the single-player prequel chapter which is about 2-3 hours long.
  • EIGHT new multiplayer maps in the Abandoned and Reclaimed Territories packs
  • In-game cinematic commentary from the cast and creative director
  • All of these for the price of $50 dollars...
it is very easy to talk trash and belittle an IP you dont like especially when you refuse to do a little bit of research. 

overman1 said:

Oh please,

•  increased graphics and specs 1080p/60fps
  •  Ellie's past in Left Behind, the single-player prequel chapter which is about 2-3 hours long.
  • EIGHT new multiplayer maps in the Abandoned and Reclaimed Territories packs
  • In-game cinematic commentary from the cast and creative director
  • All of these for the price of $50 dollars...
it is very easy to talk trash and belittle an IP you dont like especially when you refuse to do a little bit of research. 

ND also made gameplay enhancements to the game. But they haven't yet given the details about them.