By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "I don't get the point of TLOU Remastered"

kupomogli said:
Hynad said:

Nothing prevents the coders to work on this remaster while a new project is in pre-production. As usual, you keep playing the sale old broken record. Blowing things out of proportions. You have no idea how many people this remaster needed. And no idea if it affected any other project.

Regardless if a single person has been coding The Last of Us Remastered, that's one person that's been taken away from another possible project.

Or this person would get the boot without the remastering project because his talents aren't needed in the current phase of the new projects.

Perhaps they have an artist which is an expert for highres-textures, but he needs the 3d-models of the objects which should be textured first. But they aren't ready yet for the new games, the concept arts for it aren't approved yet. So he is temporarily appointed to the remastering sidejob where 3d-models are already finished and he can instantly begin his job.

Around the Network
uptownsoul said:
phaedruss said:
I see the point of it in that way, I just don't get people who have played it, and those who have played it several times already, getting excited about a year old port.

You have to keep in mind that Playstation said that 30% of all PS4 owners didn't own a PS3.  If that is correct then 30% of 8M is 2.4 million PS4 owners didn't play TLOU.  Add in the double dippers who did own it on PS3 and its going to easily be a Million seller.  So then the question is, why wouldn't Sony re-release this game?

Especially if you consider costs, which are lower for a remaster than for a brand new IP. Anyway, I think it's great that new players can try the game, even more a full HD@60 fps version. For myself, I'm not interested into paying again for a better version.

It's basically a GOTY edition if anything but on a different platform. Will definitely play again

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Hynad said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

[attention seeking bold removed]

Don't you get it? A year or even a year and a half is a short time to release a "remastered" game. You're just saying what I've already said.

[/attention seeking bold removed]

What's the big deal? What's so wrong with releasing a remastered/definitive edition on a new consoles just a years and then some later? Please, give me some good reasons why it's bad.

1) Attention seeking? Wouldn't it been easier if you'd just... I dunno... Ask why I talk in bold text? Talking in bold is simply a signature of mine. Ordinarily I talk in bold red font, but you can't really change the color of the font on these forums.

2) Nothing is wrong with it. My point was that those who are looking forward to a port shows that they have no games to play. No more, no less.

Personally I think it's way too soon for this game and the differences are therefore going to be negligable. Obviously there's a point for Sony because they'll make money, but to me such remasters are only useful if there's at least a full generation in-between.

Around the Network
GameLogix said:
FATALITY said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I'm not sure why people are even bothered by last gen ports. Nobody is obliged to buy them.

There are a lot of games I'd like to see ported and make use of the superior hardware.

bcuz people wants to ps4 stop selling. 

That's basically the butt hurt PC, Wii and Xbone fanbase. So salty! :D  lol

Plenty of people who are fans of sony find it a bit offputting as well. No need to start making things up that arent true.

kupomogli said:
michael_stutzer said:

Can you show me how the remastering of TLOU affects the development of other games? Which game got canned? Which game was delayed?

Do you think The Last of Us for PS4 is porting itself over?  Resources and manpower are used regardless how you want to spin it.  Uncharted 4 is being made still because Naughty Dog has two teams, something which has been known since 2011.  So yes, the remastering of The Last of Us is effecting development of a new game.  If they weren't porting The Last of Us Remastered, they'd be working on another game, so they're delaying the development of whatever they would have had planned.

They are already working on another game. You are thinking about the 100-150 people that were working on the previous project are working on this? lol. 20-30 people tops. At most the other game would be released by a month late. They may even be hired for this project only. These projects are not piled up in the studio waiting for the people to be picked up anyway. It is not like not doing TLOUR would mean two new games. That is dumb unless you want them to recreate Tetris. 

There is also the technical aspect of it. Naughty Dog spent a lot of time creating tools for the PS3 while making the Drake's Fortune. Now they are gaining experience with the new hardware while making this game, which is already mostly done, reducing risks.

IkePoR said:
Blood_Tears said:
Considering 31% of PS4 owners have come from Wii/X360 this is a great opportunity for those gamers to play this game.

Wow I wish I could know who bought what system last gen and that they bought PS4 this gen.  How do you do it?!

Pretty easy if you just count new PSN accounts created and PS+ subscriptions.

It's a gap filler, since the big exclusives aren't coming out soon. That doesn't make it a bad thing, andyou don't have to get defensive about it. Wind Waker HD was also a gap filler until Zelda U comes out, and it turned out nicely.

So I liked the game a lot and played through it twice, but I would certainly not buy it again after 1 year. It was already in HD last year. When people go on and on about how it is the best piece of software ever made in history and whatnot, I totally disagree with that also. But I see the reason for them creating it, and if it is a game someone skipped over on PS3 buying it on PS4 is a no brainer.