By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "I don't get the point of TLOU Remastered"

Hynad said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
I think there would be a lot less people saying they don't get the point of it if we didn't have so many threads of people trying to justify its existence.

So there is demand for it. Awesome. Does anyone see the point of another CoD? No? Well too bad, because it will sell 15-20 million copies at least. Did anyone see the point of a Transformers reboot? Well guess what? $100,000,000+ opening weekend, booyack.

There are plenty of people who played the game on PS3 and see no point of a remake this soon after it released. The game selling 50 million copies wouldn't change that.

Indeed. Some people see a point for this, others don't. Pretty amazing how tastes and interests work, right?

But one does wonder why people with no interest for those would keep posting shit in threads dedicated to them.

One might wonder that, but as long as they stay on topic I think a majority of people would understand that's how message boards work. I mean, did the OP of this thread only want to talk to people who would be buying LoU HD? What a boring thread for his questions.

Around the Network
irstupid said:
Phronesis said:
New to the forum here, I won't even put an avatar for now.

But man, I can't really understand the hate on the internet. What's so hard to understand that people WANT this game on PS4? If you don't like or don't want it, just don't buy it.

What if the game is a year old? Does this makes the game bad? Of course not. It's a 1080p/60fps+DLC remaster of a masterpiece. If I had not bought the game, I would certainly buy this since it's a much version. People are waiting for this game as they are for GTA V which is also very recent.

I have this strong guess that people who are criticizing are actually Xbox or Nintendo fans who really hates the fact that PS4 is way ahead at sales. Really, dudes? Just grown up, people. I have a Vita and post things like "3DS is so shit. It has Ocarina of Time remake and Starfox remake!".

For the last time, you can think the decision is stupid for your own personal 'reasons', but you CAN NOT BAN PEOPLE FROM BUYING. Haters and fans have this wrong idea that they are actually Sony's CEOs, but they are just consumers. You need the humility to put yourself in your places.

I'm not hating the remake or PORT as it should be called.

I'm just hating on the hype/media coverage it is getting.  It's like if Captain America Winter Soldier all of a sudden was a 2014 christmas movie.  They just decided to have it be in 48 FPS format instead of the 24 it was shown before.  Then the media just talks about and hypes the movie like crazy and ignores The Hobbit 3.  A NEW MOVIE.    

I loved Captain America, but I've already seen it and so have MILLIONS.  Let the new movies get their lime light.  

That's my hate.  Not the game, the media/internet coverage for a port of a YEAR OLD GAME over NEW GAMES.    Again this is about the fact its like only a year old game. This isn't like Star Wars A New Hope being in theaters but in 3D now, its like as I said Captain America Winter Soldier being put back in theaters again.   

Hahhahahahahahaahahahahahahhaa, oh man good laugh. Put Captain America in theaters again with 48 FPS and watch it fail. It will fail because nobody cares if a movie is 24 FPS or 48 FPS. The new movies will and do get their lime light due to the fact that old ports of movies don't affect new movies what-so-ever, derp. Put out TLoU again on PS4 and watch it succeed. It will succeed because people care about graphics, FPS, DLC and so on. I'm pretty sure you don't have to worry about TLoU collapsing the industry due to everyone only buying TLoU.

You used a horrible analogy for your arguement considering remasters do not apply to the movie industry so much as gaming. Nobody would care about 48 FPS for a movie because its not an attraction. You don't choose a movie based on whether or not its 48 FPS or just 24. I don't know where you got your analogy from but maybe next time don't argue like a child and try to use applicable arguements to support your statements otherwise your words look like garbage. Your whole statement was more about Captain America than anytyhing else....when did Captain America TWS have ANYTHING to do with the business of gaming? Last time I checked they were two completely different markets and have multiple different methods of approaching the dollar.

What works in one industry does not necessarily work in another, this logic supports my arguement against yours since I believe there is use for TLoU "port" (as you like to call it). This isn't like SW A New Hope or Captain America; TLoU is like a GOTY edition with all DLC included but for a whole new userbase who never owned or played a PS3 before. TLoU is promised to look better than any PS4 title to date and has doubled it FPS (this matters in the videogame industry, NOT the movie industry) adding to the gameplay.

phaedruss said:
I see the point of it in that way, I just don't get people who have played it, and those who have played it several times already, getting excited about a year old port.

I think people who played it and re-playec it are the most likely to want it again, because it will look and play much better, and they get one of the best game again with enhanced visuals... 

For myself, I want to replay it in true HD at 60fps, that will be the "no compromise" edition! Can't wait to see it! And i want the uncharted 2&3 remakes in the same manner!... God of war 3 would be amazing as well... On the top of my head, these are the remasters i would gladly take (along a few new games, new IP or no, I could not care less, as long as the games are good, let the teams do whatever they want).

alabtrosMyster said:
phaedruss said:
I see the point of it in that way, I just don't get people who have played it, and those who have played it several times already, getting excited about a year old port.

I think people who played it and re-playec it are the most likely to want it again, because it will look and play much better, and they get one of the best game again with enhanced visuals... 

For myself, I want to replay it in true HD at 60fps, that will be the "no compromise" edition! Can't wait to see it! And i want the uncharted 2&3 remakes in the same manner!... God of war 3 would be amazing as well... On the top of my head, these are the remasters i would gladly take (along a few new games, new IP or no, I could not care less, as long as the games are good, let the teams do whatever they want).

seriously this! I know it won't happen but if Sony was to Remake Uncharted 1 with improved visuals, 60 fps, 1080p, and upscaled graphics/lighting/ecet.. and then charge me $50 for it.. I would buy it in an instant as would MILLIONS of others. Why? Because it was a game that I LOVED one of my favorites, if I can play it again with lots of enhancments here and there that is someting I would love. $50 bucks? Take it! Uncharted 2 and 3 look SO freaking gorgeous I'm not sure yet if the jump would be as big, but Uncharted 1 looks very dated compared to it's 2 oler siblings. Oh and Red Dead Redemption remastered, oh man I'd buy that in a heart beat! and again, I think millions of others would as well. 

It's totally okay if you think people who re buy the same game are stupid. That is your opinion. You are definitely in the minority opinion and that is okay also. If you don't want it, don't buy it. and believe it or not if you're not gonna buy it, you don't need to tell everyone that. People who are excited about it want to talk to others who are excited about it. So we post about it. You say there is so many other games we should be talking about? Why the heck aren't you posting about those games? Start a new thread about your game you wanna play. The only reason SO many people are in these threads is because SO many people are excited for this game, regardless if it just came out a year ago, regardless if it is the same game with a few upgrades, regardless of any reason that you have. The ONLY reason that matters is the majority of us want it. and we are going to buy it. Why does that make the haters so mad? Is it really going to hurt you to see it succeed? I want to see both sides here and I don't mean to bash the people against it. I've seen some good points both ways. A few of you even made me think, "hmm you're probably right I am paying $50 for a game i beat like 5 times and already played the DLC" ... so why buy it again? Seems frivilous.. But oh well, I want it so I'm gonna get it lol Just like many others. 

michael_stutzer said:

Can you show me how the remastering of TLOU affects the development of other games? Which game got canned? Which game was delayed?

Do you think The Last of Us for PS4 is porting itself over?  Resources and manpower are used regardless how you want to spin it.  Uncharted 4 is being made still because Naughty Dog has two teams, something which has been known since 2011.  So yes, the remastering of The Last of Us is effecting development of a new game.  If they weren't porting The Last of Us Remastered, they'd be working on another game, so they're delaying the development of whatever they would have had planned.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
michael_stutzer said:

Can you show me how the remastering of TLOU affects the development of other games? Which game got canned? Which game was delayed?

Do you think The Last of Us for PS4 is porting itself over?  Resources and manpower are used regardless how you want to spin it.  Uncharted 4 is being made still because Naughty Dog has two teams, something which has been known since 2011.  So yes, the remastering of The Last of Us is effecting development of a new game.  If they weren't porting The Last of Us Remastered, they'd be working on another game, so they're delaying the development of whatever they would have had planned.

Nothing prevents the coders to work on this remaster while a new project is in pre-production. As usual, you keep playing the sale old broken record. Blowing things out of proportions. You have no idea how many people this remaster needed. And no idea if it affected any other project.

Mr Puggsly said:

I'm not sure why people are even bothered by last gen ports. Nobody is obliged to buy them.

There are a lot of games I'd like to see ported and make use of the superior hardware.

bcuz people wants to ps4 stop selling. 

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Hynad said:

Nothing prevents the coders to work on this remaster while a new project is in pre-production. As usual, you keep playing the sale old broken record. Blowing things out of proportions. You have no idea how many people this remaster needed. And no idea if it affected any other project.

Regardless if a single person has been coding The Last of Us Remastered, that's one person that's been taken away from another possible project.  Resources that could have been used on something new.  Maybe I sound like a broken record because I don't have to twist my words into different scenarios?  Unlike a lot of people here giving different excuses for a developer they like.  Maybe that's why they do it.  They see one person defending The Last of Us Remastered and  the rest join in.  You know that word I'm thinking of, right Hynad?

kupomogli said:
Hynad said:

Regardless if a single person has been coding The Last of Us Remastered, that's one person that's been taken away from another possible project.  Resources that could have been used on something new.  Maybe I sound like a broken record because I don't have to twist my words into different scenarios?  Unlike a lot of people here giving different excuses for a developer they like.  Maybe that's why they do it.  They see one person defending The Last of Us Remastered and  the rest join in.  You know that word I'm thinking of, right Hynad?

I understand the word you want to say. The predictability level in your case is through the roof. Always the same discour about everything.

But you failed to understand my first point. And besides, Naughty Dog isn't a developer known to fall off track when it comes to their schedule. So, since they don't have a history of pushing back the release of their games due to a lack of personnel, why are you whining, again? 

Hynad said:
kupomogli said:
Hynad said:

I understand the word you want to say. The predictability level in your case is through the roof. Always the same discour about everything.

But you failed to understand my first point. And besides, Naughty Dog isn't a developer known to fall off track when it comes to their schedule. So, since they don't have a history of pushing back the release of their games due to a lack of personnel, why are you whining, again? 

The Last of Us was delayed. 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/12/the-last-of-us-delayed

Also, they don't have much of a history because they usually don't make announcements of a release until the game is almost ready, unlike some studios.