By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "I don't get the point of TLOU Remastered"

irstupid said:
I just don't get the hype and the praise for a remaster of a game that is like a year old. To me its basically a GOTY edition which are great and all but hardly article after article worthy or allt he attention this is getting.

Halo or WW remasters are different cause they are like 10 year old games. See the difference? TIME. If they remaster Uncharted 1, that would be worth talking about, but TLOU? It's as i said barely a year old. (could be wrong on the age of game, but it feels like it just came out)

The remaster is wanted by quite a lot of people. People who haven't played the game before, as well as some who wants to double dip. There is interest for it. It may not be for you (not surprising), but if there's a lot of talk about it on the internet, obviously it's because there is demand for it. In fact, there was a demand for it before it was even announced. So again, what's the big deal?

Don't get it all you want, but surely the very fact that there's hype and praise for the remaster should speak for itself and give you a good idea why the remaster is happening already.

Around the Network
QuintonMcLeod said:
Euphoria14 said:

They must also not understand the point of Wind Waker HD, GTA V on PS4/XBone or GoTY Editions.

Actually I don't see anyone really complaining about those, but PS4 is winning right now, so TLoU warrants complaining, since it costs $50, just like WWHD and actually less than your typical GoTY Edition.

Just ignore those people.

Except TLoU is a game that was released a year and a half ago with no original plans to bring it to the PS4. The new "remastered" version is only a graphics increase with DLC. Meanwhile, WWHD is a decade old game which was truly remastered, and GTA4 was planned to come to the nextgen platforms regardless.

The bottom line is this: TLoU: RM is a port. No more and no less. When people get excited for a port, thats when you know they have no games to play.

I have tons of games to play, yet I'm still looking forward TLoU Remastered Edition. I guess you don't know what you're talking about.

New to the forum here, I won't even put an avatar for now.

But man, I can't really understand the hate on the internet. What's so hard to understand that people WANT this game on PS4? If you don't like or don't want it, just don't buy it.

What if the game is a year old? Does this makes the game bad? Of course not. It's a 1080p/60fps+DLC remaster of a masterpiece. If I had not bought the game for PS3, I would certainly buy this since it's a much better version. People are waiting for this game as they are for GTA V which is also very recent.

I have this strong guess that people who are criticizing are actually Xbox or Nintendo fans who really hates the fact that PS4 is way ahead at sales. Really, dudes? Just grown up, people. I have a Vita and don't post things like "3DS is so shit. It has Ocarina of Time remake and Starfox remake!".

For the last time, you can think the decision is stupid for your own personal 'reasons', but you CAN NOT BAN PEOPLE FROM BUYING. Haters and fans have this wrong idea that they are actually Sony's CEOs, but they are just consumers. You need the humility to put yourself in your places.

3DS, Wii, PSP, Vita, PS2, PS3, PS4 & Steam.

Phronesis said:

But man, I can't really understand the hate on the internet. What's so hard to understand that people WANT this game on PS4? If you don't like or don't want it, just don't buy it.

What if the game is a year old? Does this makes the game bad? Of course not. It's a 1080p/60fps+DLC remaster of a masterpiece. If I had not bought the game, I would certainly buy this since it's a much version. People are waiting for this game as they are for GTA V which is also very recent.

I have this strong guess that people who are criticizing are actually Xbox or Nintendo fans who really hates the fact that PS4 is way ahead at sales. Really, dudes? Just grown up, people. I have a Vita and post things like "3DS is so shit. It has Ocarina of Time remake and Starfox remake!".

For the last time, you can think the decision is stupid for your own personal 'reasons', but you CAN NOT BAN PEOPLE FROM BUYING. Haters and fans have this wrong idea that they are actually Sony's CEOs, but they are just consumers. You need the humility to put yourself in your places.

I'm not hating the remake or PORT as it should be called.

I'm just hating on the hype/media coverage it is getting.  It's like if Captain America Winter Soldier all of a sudden was a 2014 christmas movie.  They just decided to have it be in 48 FPS format instead of the 24 it was shown before.  Then the media just talks about and hypes the movie like crazy and ignores The Hobbit 3.  A NEW MOVIE.    

I loved Captain America, but I've already seen it and so have MILLIONS.  Let the new movies get their lime light.  

That's my hate.  Not the game, the media/internet coverage for a port of a YEAR OLD GAME over NEW GAMES.    Again this is about the fact its like only a year old game. This isn't like Star Wars A New Hope being in theaters but in 3D now, its like as I said Captain America Winter Soldier being put back in theaters again.   

irstupid said:
Phronesis said:

What if the game is a year old? Does this makes the game bad? Of course not. It's a 1080p/60fps+DLC remaster of a masterpiece. If I had not bought the game, I would certainly buy this since it's a much version. People are waiting for this game as they are for GTA V which is also very recent.

I have this strong guess that people who are criticizing are actually Xbox or Nintendo fans who really hates the fact that PS4 is way ahead at sales. Really, dudes? Just grown up, people. I have a Vita and post things like "3DS is so shit. It has Ocarina of Time remake and Starfox remake!".

I'm just hating on the hype/media coverage it is getting.  It's like if Captain America Winter Soldier all of a sudden was a 2014 christmas movie.  They just decided to have it be in 48 FPS format instead of the 24 it was shown before.  Then the media just talks about and hypes the movie like crazy and ignores The Hobbit 3.  A NEW MOVIE.    

I loved Captain America, but I've already seen it and so have MILLIONS.  Let the new movies get their lime light.  

That's my hate.  Not the game, the media/internet coverage for a port of a YEAR OLD GAME over NEW GAMES.    Again this is about the fact its like only a year old game. This isn't like Star Wars A New Hope being in theaters but in 3D now, its like as I said Captain America Winter Soldier being put back in theaters again.   

The game is praised because is good. Why Ocarina of Time has more popularity than a recent game? Because is good.

The way you talk is like Naughty Dog was doing something like "Hey, let's give money to IGN and others websites so nobody talks about others things but TLOU".

It's a decision of the masses. If you hate it, you're the minority and have to deal with it.

And let's be honest, people ARE talking about a lot of things. The best game of E3 is Evolved. There's AC Unity, Halo 5, Bloodborne and others things coming up. When they are closer to the release date, their popularity will increase more and more.

Also, about Halo... The Halo Remaster does not include Halo 4? THAT MICROSOFT ARROGANCE, INCLUDING A GAME ONLY A YEAR OLD? NOBODY WANTS THAT!! JUST INCLUDE THE OLD GAMES! THERE'S A RULE ON THE INTERNET THAT A YEAR OLD GAME SHOULD NOT EXIST!

3DS, Wii, PSP, Vita, PS2, PS3, PS4 & Steam.

Around the Network
Phronesis said:
irstupid said:
Phronesis said:

The game is praised because is good. Why Ocarina of Time has more popularity than a recent game? Because is good.

The way you talk is like Naughty Dog was doing something like "Hey, let's give money to IGN and others websites so nobody talks about others things but TLOU".

It's a decision of the masses. If you hate it, you're the minority and have to deal with it.

And let's be honest, people ARE talking about a lot of things. The best game of E3 is Evolved. There's AC Unity, Halo 5, Bloodborne and others things coming up. When they are closer to the release date, their popularity will increase more and more.

Also, about Halo... The Halo Remaster does not include de Halo 4? THAT MICROSOFT ARROGANCE, INCLUDING A GAME ONLY A YEAR OLD? NOBODY WANTS THAT!! JUST INCLUDE THE OLD GAMES! THERE'S A RULE ON THE INTERNET THAT A YEAR GAME OLD GAME SHOULD NOT EXIST!

Ocarina of Time is an old game.  Don't ignore my main and ONLY point.  If FF7 got a remake, it would deserve its internet talk.  I don't see how a year old game deserves all this attnetion though.

Didn't bring up naughty dog, or paying anybody.  IGN and just randon USERS on this site are making topics like crazy about a year old port.  That makes no sense to me.  Why not talk about NEW games.

Yes talking about new games, good.  i see that.  But for every AC topic there is probably at least 2 last of us topics.  

Halo collection is 4 games in one.  3 of them are old.  People don't give a shit about halo 4.  Its not being touched as far as I know.  They are talking about Halo 1 getting the Halo 2 treatment.  Or is it halo 2 getting halo 1 treatment?  IDK, don't pay attentiont to halo.  But regardless its not JUST Halo 4, its 3 other games as well.  Some getting a full remaster, not just a resolution/fps bump, NOTHING else as far as I know.  

I think there would be a lot less people saying they don't get the point of it if we didn't have so many threads of people trying to justify its existence.

So there is demand for it. Awesome. Does anyone see the point of another CoD? No? Well too bad, because it will sell 15-20 million copies at least. Did anyone see the point of a Transformers reboot? Well guess what? $100,000,000+ opening weekend, booyack.

There are plenty of people who played the game on PS3 and see no point of a remake this soon after it released. The game selling 50 million copies wouldn't change that.

irstupid said:

Ocarina of Time is an old game.  Don't ignore my main and ONLY point.  If FF7 got a remake, it would deserve its internet talk.  I don't see how a year old game deserves all this attnetion though.

Didn't bring up naughty dog, or paying anybody.  IGN and just randon USERS on this site are making topics like crazy about a year old port.  That makes no sense to me.  Why not talk about NEW games.

Yes talking about new games, good.  i see that.  But for every AC topic there is probably at least 2 last of us topics.  

Halo collection is 4 games in one.  3 of them are old.  People don't give a shit about halo 4.  Its not being touched as far as I know.  They are talking about Halo 1 getting the Halo 2 treatment.  Or is it halo 2 getting halo 1 treatment?  IDK, don't pay attentiont to halo.  But regardless its not JUST Halo 4, its 3 other games as well.  Some getting a full remaster, not just a resolution/fps bump, NOTHING else as far as I know.  

You missed his most important point of all.

TLoU is getting all this hype because it's releasing this month. When other big games get closed to being released, people will talk about them. As they always get. But you know, you should preach by example and start talking about those other games instead of stirring shit into threads that focus on games you don't even care about.

LudicrousSpeed said:
I think there would be a lot less people saying they don't get the point of it if we didn't have so many threads of people trying to justify its existence.

So there is demand for it. Awesome. Does anyone see the point of another CoD? No? Well too bad, because it will sell 15-20 million copies at least. Did anyone see the point of a Transformers reboot? Well guess what? $100,000,000+ opening weekend, booyack.

There are plenty of people who played the game on PS3 and see no point of a remake this soon after it released. The game selling 50 million copies wouldn't change that.

Indeed. Some people see a point for this, others don't. Pretty amazing how tastes and interests work, right?

But one does wonder why people with no interest for those would keep posting shit in threads dedicated to them.

I'm not sure why people are even bothered by last gen ports. Nobody is obliged to buy them.

There are a lot of games I'd like to see ported and make use of the superior hardware.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)