By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "I don't get the point of TLOU Remastered"

Hynad said:
Dusk said:
DerNebel said:

I've been seeing comments like this going around quite alot pretty much since the reveal of said remaster, so I thought I'd just make it clear what the point of TLOU Re is.

The Last of Us Remastered (PS4)
Sony Computer Entertainment America, Adventure
5 21,435 78,404

If you doubt this sites' pre orders chart, which is understandable, then there are still other sources to look at.

Amazon US bestsellers of June:  Number 15

Amazon UK bestsellers of June: Number 4

Amazon DE bestsellers of June: Number 4

Amazon FR bestsellers of June: Number 15

Amazon IT hourly bestsellers: Number 5

Amazon SP hourly bestsellers: Number 1

There is clear demand for this and that demand for a PS4 version of TLOU has existed since or even before its release on PS3, the game is one of the best ever made, (most likely) not even half of the current PS4 owners have played it and it will sell damn well on PS4 for what it is. So how do people still refuse to understand the point of TLOU RE? Sony and ND are not putting out something that nobody asked for here.

IMO, there is only slight demand for TLOU remastered because nothing else of high substance has been announced that is going to be released soon. There are a few games, but none to the quality standard of TLOU. Still the same game as the PS3 though. 

There was no demand for a Wind Waker remaster. Nintendo still produced it. It sold over 1M including digital sales. It was pretty much the same game as well, with minor tweaks and a few additions (and omissions: Tingle Tuner, anyone?).

There's a demand for TLoU Remastered. I'm quite sure it will sell good enough despite it being released only a year after the original. And it will have tweaks too, as well as include all DLCs... 

I certainly can't argue that. AFAIK there wasn't much demand for it. Although, one very LARGE difference is that WWHD was originally released 10 years before the remake/rerelease. TLOU has been one year. But time will tell. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Around the Network

I'm getting it. If you don't want then why care if others clearly do

DerNebel said:
phaedruss said:
I see the point of it in that way, I just don't get people who have played it, and those who have played it several times already, getting excited about a year old port.

It#s the same as people that watched a movie before on DVD getting excited by an Blu Ray rerelease. Why shouldn't people get excited over the possibility of playing a game they loved in higher fidelity?

There really aren't many people getting excited by a re release of a movie on Blu Ray.  Unless the DVD version is very old and looks like crap. 

One month away from release, TLOU remastered is already the #54 best seller of 2014 in Amazon UK, ahead of Watch dogs ps3, Dark souls 360, and at the current rate (#1 hourly) it'll easily go into the top 20 by the time it's released

And please don't speak of WWHD and graphical difference in the same sentence. A 10 year remaster running at 30fps deserves only to be dismissed. It is ridiculous.

Skeetys said:
IkePoR said:
Blood_Tears said:
Considering 31% of PS4 owners have come from Wii/X360 this is a great opportunity for those gamers to play this game.

Wow I wish I could know who bought what system last gen and that they bought PS4 this gen.  How do you do it?!

Pretty easy if you just count new PSN accounts created and PS+ subscriptions.

Its not that easy a lot of people started from scratch with the PS4 and I'm pretty sure the same thing applies with the X1.

Around the Network

Why would anyone even do that?

Clearly almost the whole point of remastering this it is to attract XBox 360 users to PS4 instead of XBone.

Anyone know if TLOU for PS4 is going to have the upgrade plan from PS3 to PS4? Where you pay $10 if you already have a copy on PS3 and you will get the PS4 digital version?

Chris Hu said:
Skeetys said:

Its not that easy a lot of people started from scratch with the PS4 and I'm pretty sure the same thing applies with the X1.

Really? People went from using their PSN account on PS3, to creating an entirely new PSN account when they got the PS4?
And you say people did the same with their gamerscore from the 360 to the XBO?

And you think that the 3 or 4 who did that made an actual difference?

Are you serious here?

Because, really, if you are, it's no wonder I never take anything you say seriously here.

Hynad said:
Chris Hu said:
Skeetys said:

Really? People went from using their PSN account on PS3, to creating an entirely new PSN account when they got the PS4?
And you say people did the same with their gamerscore from the 360 to the XBO?

And you think that the 3 or 4 who did that made an actual difference?

Are you serious here?

Because, really, if you are, it's no wonder I never take anything you say seriously here.

I'm being totally serious here of course it totally depends on how many achievements or trophies they unlocked on their old account if the number was somewhat high then I doubt they started from scratch but if it was low I'm pretty sure that a lot of them started from scratch.  Also I'm pretty sure I never took anything you said serious either not that I really know who you are.