By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "I don't get the point of TLOU Remastered"

irstupid said:
I just don't get the hype and the praise for a remaster of a game that is like a year old. To me its basically a GOTY edition which are great and all but hardly article after article worthy or allt he attention this is getting.

Halo or WW remasters are different cause they are like 10 year old games. See the difference? TIME. If they remaster Uncharted 1, that would be worth talking about, but TLOU? It's as i said barely a year old. (could be wrong on the age of game, but it feels like it just came out)

As completely an arbitrary metric if I ever saw one.

Can you please specify the amount of time needed between the intial release and the remastered version that would make it okay.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
Hynad said:

Nothing prevents the coders to work on this remaster while a new project is in pre-production. As usual, you keep playing the sale old broken record. Blowing things out of proportions. You have no idea how many people this remaster needed. And no idea if it affected any other project.

Regardless if a single person has been coding The Last of Us Remastered, that's one person that's been taken away from another possible project.  Resources that could have been used on something new.  Maybe I sound like a broken record because I don't have to twist my words into different scenarios?  Unlike a lot of people here giving different excuses for a developer they like.  Maybe that's why they do it.  They see one person defending The Last of Us Remastered and  the rest join in.  You know that word I'm thinking of, right Hynad?

Your whole argument collapses under its own weight once you realise that hundreds of thousands of people WANT TLOU on the PS4. Those people are thankful that ND have dedicated resources to TLOU. It's equally valid for someone to argue the complete opposite of you: 'I'm pissed that ND are wasting resources on Uncharted 4 because I wanted a PS4 version of TLOU.'

The PS5 Exists. 

darkshadow23 said:
Anyone know if TLOU for PS4 is going to have the upgrade plan from PS3 to PS4? Where you pay $10 if you already have a copy on PS3 and you will get the PS4 digital version?

Nothing so far, seems like their 10$ discount is the one we get. Still there is time, may be there will let us know the upgrade model on close to release day so they won't lose preorders much which will be if its announced early.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

God, I just want the game to finally release so we can END this pointless conversation! Look, people who want it (like me) will buy it. Don't want it? Dont buy it! Simple!

Chris Hu said:
DerNebel said:
phaedruss said:
I see the point of it in that way, I just don't get people who have played it, and those who have played it several times already, getting excited about a year old port.

It#s the same as people that watched a movie before on DVD getting excited by an Blu Ray rerelease. Why shouldn't people get excited over the possibility of playing a game they loved in higher fidelity?

There really aren't many people getting excited by a re release of a movie on Blu Ray.  Unless the DVD version is very old and looks like crap. 

Well that's just not true at all. There is a very large market of people who get excited for Bluray releases. Just go to any Best Buy or similar stores and you can see yourself that the DVD section is almost non existent and the Bluray section dominates the majority of the store. You must live in the sticks ;p 

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
Skeetys said:
IkePoR said:
Blood_Tears said:
Considering 31% of PS4 owners have come from Wii/X360 this is a great opportunity for those gamers to play this game.

Wow I wish I could know who bought what system last gen and that they bought PS4 this gen.  How do you do it?!

Pretty easy if you just count new PSN accounts created and PS+ subscriptions.

Its not that easy a lot of people started from scratch with the PS4 and I'm pretty sure the same thing applies with the X1.

I'm pretty sure almost NO ONE (or very small amount) would start from scratch. What a ridiculous thing to suggest. 

Chasesdaddy84 said:

Well that's just not true at all. There is a very large market of people who get excited for Bluray releases. 

Definitely. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Twin-Peaks-Entire-Mystery-Blu-ray/dp/B00H9BFV98/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1404943285&sr=8-2&keywords=twin+peaks

Already have DVDs, Day 1 BR purchase.

Chasesdaddy84 said:
Chris Hu said:
DerNebel said:
phaedruss said:
I see the point of it in that way, I just don't get people who have played it, and those who have played it several times already, getting excited about a year old port.

It#s the same as people that watched a movie before on DVD getting excited by an Blu Ray rerelease. Why shouldn't people get excited over the possibility of playing a game they loved in higher fidelity?

There really aren't many people getting excited by a re release of a movie on Blu Ray.  Unless the DVD version is very old and looks like crap. 

Well that's just not true at all. There is a very large market of people who get excited for Bluray releases. Just go to any Best Buy or similar stores and you can see yourself that the DVD section is almost non existent and the Bluray section dominates the majority of the store. You must live in the sticks ;p 

Just because there are now more Blu Ray's then DVD's at Best Buy doesn't mean that there are a lot of people that get exited when a movie gets re released on Blu Ray. 

Chasesdaddy84 said:
Chris Hu said:
Skeetys said:
IkePoR said:
Blood_Tears said:
Considering 31% of PS4 owners have come from Wii/X360 this is a great opportunity for those gamers to play this game.

Wow I wish I could know who bought what system last gen and that they bought PS4 this gen.  How do you do it?!

Pretty easy if you just count new PSN accounts created and PS+ subscriptions.

Its not that easy a lot of people started from scratch with the PS4 and I'm pretty sure the same thing applies with the X1.

I'm pretty sure almost NO ONE (or very small amount) would start from scratch. What a ridiculous thing to suggest. 

There are a lot of people that didn't earn a lot of achievements or trophies and most of those started from scratch to assume its only a very small amount is also ridiculous.

GribbleGrunger said:
kupomogli said:
Hynad said:

Nothing prevents the coders to work on this remaster while a new project is in pre-production. As usual, you keep playing the sale old broken record. Blowing things out of proportions. You have no idea how many people this remaster needed. And no idea if it affected any other project.

Regardless if a single person has been coding The Last of Us Remastered, that's one person that's been taken away from another possible project.  Resources that could have been used on something new.  Maybe I sound like a broken record because I don't have to twist my words into different scenarios?  Unlike a lot of people here giving different excuses for a developer they like.  Maybe that's why they do it.  They see one person defending The Last of Us Remastered and  the rest join in.  You know that word I'm thinking of, right Hynad?

Your whole argument collapses under its own weight once you realise that hundreds of thousands of people WANT TLOU on the PS4. Those people are thankful that ND have dedicated resources to TLOU. It's equally valid for someone to argue the complete opposite of you: 'I'm pissed that ND are wasting resources on Uncharted 4 because I wanted a PS4 version of TLOU.'

But people can already play The Last of Us.  What about the people who have a PS4 or are going to get a PS4 but don't want The Last of Us, the 80 million who don't want the game on PS4 yet already have access to it.  Beyond Two Souls and the Uncharted series are potentially being ported too. 

A brand new game would be something those who want The Last of Us as well people who don't want The Last of Us or don't want t o purchase it again.  While a The Last of Us port will only satisfy those who want The Last of Us, a game they already have potential access to.  Even if they're a Microsoft or Nintendo fan, they can always purchase a Microsoft or Nintendo console.  The usual reason that people buy consoles, because there's an exclusive they really want to play.

You and all the other people defending all these ports are pretty much, let's just worry about the fraction of people who want The Last of Us for the PS4 and don't worry about the audience who want new games.  If this was Microsoft, all the Sony fanboys in this thread would be bashing the hell out of the Xbox One.