By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - X1 will never catch or match PS4 sales, it is a misfired product.

biglittlesps said:

Still the price is higer compared to the hardware they have to PS4 at 400$, so this shows that they dont care gamers and just want money as they did not want to place it cheaper than PS4 even though it has weak hardware compared to PS4. Still, they dont many first party studios and games being developed compard to PS4 and they are depending more on 3rd party exclusives. Lets see what they do in the future and they will get sales if they do what the gamer wants.

I'm a PlayStation fan, but you've got to be kidding me if you think that hat Sony does it does only for the gamers and not for money. Only difference is Sony was smart enough to keep profits from each unit low so that PS4 sells very well and they can more than make up that amount through software and peripheral sales and PS Plus subscriptions.

Around the Network
Ucell said:
tbone51 said:
Ucell said:
tbone51 said:

Even if X1 fails to catch 360 in terms of sales, its almost a given for PS4 to outsell PS3.

Sony haven't even released any of their big hitters on PS4, and it hasn't seen a major next-gen exclusive multiplatform game yet either.

And the reason I mentioned Wii U was that you Nintendo fans seem to think that just because Wii U has flopped and would fail to reach Wii level of sales that it would happen to all consoles now. But it certainly doesn't seem that way.

Also the only reason 3DS ran out of fuel so fast was because Nintendo blew all of its load out in its first 2 years. That is they released all of their biggest IP's on it in its first 2 years, and third-parties haven't quite embraced it the same way they did with the DS.

Ummmmm No. But then again there is no need to explain, especially with your Nintendo fan comment. Well good luck

tbone51 said:
Ucell said:
tbone51 said:
Ucell said:
tbone51 said:

Even if X1 fails to catch 360 in terms of sales, its almost a given for PS4 to outsell PS3.

Sony haven't even released any of their big hitters on PS4, and it hasn't seen a major next-gen exclusive multiplatform game yet either.

And the reason I mentioned Wii U was that you Nintendo fans seem to think that just because Wii U has flopped and would fail to reach Wii level of sales that it would happen to all consoles now. But it certainly doesn't seem that way.

Also the only reason 3DS ran out of fuel so fast was because Nintendo blew all of its load out in its first 2 years. That is they released all of their biggest IP's on it in its first 2 years, and third-parties haven't quite embraced it the same way they did with the DS.

Ummmmm No. But then again there is no need to explain, especially with your Nintendo fan comment. Well good luck

I'm calling out Nintendo fans only because they are the only ones to think that PS4 + X1 sales will be less than PS3 + 360 sales.

And you keep saying no without any counter argument. Doesn't help prove your point.

Now if you'd have any reason to say that you're welcome to do so.

Ucell said:
tbone51 said:
Ucell said:
tbone51 said:
Ucell said:
tbone51 said:

I'm calling out Nintendo fans only because they are the only ones to think that PS4 + X1 sales will be less than PS3 + 360 sales.

And you keep saying no without any counter argument. Doesn't help prove your point.

Now if you'd have any reason to say that you're welcome to do so.

All im saying is i think its too early to tell. No matter what i see PS4 doing no less than 50mil. Its a giving, as for X1 i think we all need to see how much Halo pushes and after holiday i think we can get an idea of where its going to end up.

Also, dont call out Nintendo Fans as if they are all in 1 group. Every Nintendo Fan=/= 1 opinion(that goes with every fanbase). Im not basing my opinion cuz WiiU is doing terrible, im basing it on a guess.

Things are looking bleak for X1 on Amazon and Kless X1 seems to be failing. Market looks to be picking a Game and Camera for extra 100 a much better value and buy.

PS4 10
Destiny PS4 bundle 57
TitanFall Bundle 60
kinectLEss X1 73

Around the Network
Ucell said:
tbone51 said:
Mystro-Sama said:
I think it will do better than the 360 :P

So BOLD! We dont even kno if ps4 will do it yet, But its not like its impossible, just very unlikely. X1 a of now looks like it can do 40mil-60mil lifetime. Of course we'll get a better glimpse of it after halo hits!

Lol PS4 and X1 are *far* outpacing their predecessors and you still think they cannot surpass them? That's without any of their big guns either, except for Forza 5.

Just remember, these two are not like the Wii U.

Xbox one is start to fall behind Xbox360 i don't think it will outsell it predecessors but ps4 will definitly outsell ps3

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

BeElite said:
Things are looking bleak for X1 on Amazon and Kless X1 seems to be failing. Market looks to be picking a Game and Camera for extra 100 a much better value and buy.

PS4 10
Destiny PS4 bundle 57
TitanFall Bundle 60
kinectLEss X1 73

Jesus, even though the Destiny bundle has been predictably falling down in the rankings, it still outranks both X1 SKUs.

I am rather baffled by this thread, It's like no one actually looked at why the PS4 is outselling the X1. Or where the sales are.

The PS4 and X1 are nearly equal in the US. But what no one expected was for europe to be such a huge part of sales this gen. Which is where nearly half of PS4's sales come from, Though it didn't help how much the X1 simply didn't support europe. It also comes down to the X1 simply hasn't released in as many places, completely microsofts fault, not denying that. But truthfully, to say the X1 is even close to a "Failure" is simply ignorance.

The other thing i want to add to this, Is that how can you even begin to make any statement as to how either console will do long term before seeing how mny millions of consoles they sell a year after launch. Considering each holiday sees as many consoles sold as the entire year between(Just look at the X360 and PS3 year on year from 07-2012).

azunaki said:
I am rather baffled by this thread, It's like no one actually looked at why the PS4 is outselling the X1. Or where the sales are.

The PS4 and X1 are nearly equal in the US. But what no one expected was for europe to be such a huge part of sales this gen. Which is where nearly half of PS4's sales come from, Though it didn't help how much the X1 simply didn't support europe. It also comes down to the X1 simply hasn't released in as many places, completely microsofts fault, not denying that. But truthfully, to say the X1 is even close to a "Failure" is simply ignorance.

Welcome to VGChartz.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

I have doubts whether or not the Xbox One will finish second place and clawl back the gap on Wii U. XBox One after only 7 months is 3.5 million sales behind the PS4. PS4 has managed to outsell the XBox One by an average of 500k per month and over time that margin should widen and extend the total sales gap.