By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - X1 will never catch or match PS4 sales, it is a misfired product.

Intrinsic said:
Mystro-Sama said:
I think it will do better than the 360 :P

Not a chance in hell. I don't see the XB1 selling more than 40M worldwide, 50M at best.

We had a thread asking if the 360 would sell 30 million or something like that.  Most of the people said no.  It was fun to dig that thread out from time to time.  Now the Xbox One will probably sell half of what the PS4 does but don't be surprised when people quote you years from now.... nothing is written in stone.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Intrinsic said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Not a chance in hell. I don't see the XB1 selling more than 40M worldwide, 50M at best.

We had a thread asking if the 360 would sell 30 million or something like that.  Most of the people said no.  It was fun to dig that thread out from time to time.  Now the Xbox One will probably sell half of what the PS4 does but don't be surprised when people quote you years from now.... nothing is written in stone.

Haven't got a problem with ppl quoting me years from now. I doubt I have said anything outlandish and I believe the reasons governing my mindset are sound.

I am giving the XB1 40-50M of sales worldwide cause I mostly agree with it selling around half of the PS4s total lifetime sales. So if the PS4 sells around 100M-120M I believe the XB1 will be at around 50-60M, if the PS4 sells around 80-100M, then XB1 will be around 40-50M. But I really don't see it doing as well or even better than the 360. No way, there are too many things going against it doing that well this time around. 

X1's major problem is the same reason that allowed the PS3 to overtake the 360 last generation: not having enough game diversity. Seeing Microsoft's E3 conference confirmed my skepticism about X1's future because MS played it too safe. What allowed the PS3 to catch up was Sony's willingness to invest in risks. That resulted in games such as Journey, Flower, The Last of Us, Little Big Planet series, and so forth. On top of that, the PS3 trumped the 360 in JPRG's and is continuing to do so now.

The PS4's lineup for the rest of this year actually caters to a wide variety of audiences. Guilty Gears Xrd -SIGN-, for example, caters to the fighter fans while LBP 3 appeals to the creative and younger gamers. TLOU Remastered will attract the survival/horror fans that never owned a PS3. Next year, the PS4 will continue to offer a wide variety of games such as The Order, Uncharted 4, Rime, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, MLB The Show, and Bloodborne. And of course, the PS4 will eventually get its JPRGs like Tales, Atelier, Disgaea, and Hyperdimension Neptunia.

PS4 99,162
XOne 64,525

Looks like even the cut was not enough to overtake the PS4 for even a week.

It will take a mega ip to do so, Halo Gears I'm seeing as the only ones capable of it as long as Sony does not drop one of theirs in the same time frame.

Aura7541 said:

And that's just net income... Things look worse for the Xbox brand when you factor in profits. The Xbox brand will go further in the red because all that money that was put into advertising and R&D for the Kinect (X1 version) has been wasted. MS made a long-term investment into the Kinect only for it to be debundled.

I know. I was trying to get through to Dark Chaos & some others that the Xbox brand isn't exactly hugely profitable like they think that it is.

And it's only a matter of time before Microsoft's shareholders gets fed up with the Xbox brand of not making big sales & big profit numbers & demands Microsoft to spin the brand off.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Mystro-Sama said:

So BOLD! We dont even kno if ps4 will do it yet, But its not like its impossible, just very unlikely. X1 a of now looks like it can do 40mil-60mil lifetime. Of course we'll get a better glimpse of it after halo hits!

Lol PS4 and X1 are *far* outpacing their predecessors and you still think they cannot surpass them? That's without any of their big guns either, except for Forza 5.

Just remember, these two are not like the Wii U.

Ucell said:
tbone51 said:
Mystro-Sama said:

So BOLD! We dont even kno if ps4 will do it yet, But its not like its impossible, just very unlikely. X1 a of now looks like it can do 40mil-60mil lifetime. Of course we'll get a better glimpse of it after halo hits!

Lol PS4 and X1 are *far* outpacing their predecessors and you still think they cannot surpass them? That's without any of their big guns either, except for Forza 5.

This had nothing to do with the WiiU but ok???

You think X1+PS4 are going to easily do 90mil-100mil (cuz ps3+x360 aren't stopping soon)? Oh just fyi, just cuz something is ahead in the beginning doesn't mean ****.

~Look at ps3, very very slow start yet look where its at now.

~3DS was ahead of DS (at least in japan, maybe WW) for the first 2 years but look at it now

~X360 was pulling much better numbers than wat X1 is doing monthly now.

Its hard to tell but if you think X1 especially is going to just stroll past X360 sales lifetime cuz X1 had a nice headstart, your in for alot of meltdowns lol!

tbone51 said:
Ucell said:
tbone51 said:
Mystro-Sama said:

This had nothing to do with the WiiU but ok???

You think X1+PS4 are going to easily do 90mil-100mil (cuz ps3+x360 aren't stopping soon)? Oh just fyi, just cuz something is ahead in the beginning doesn't mean ****.

~Look at ps3, very very slow start yet look where its at now.

~3DS was ahead of DS (at least in japan, maybe WW) for the first 2 years but look at it now

~X360 was pulling much better numbers than wat X1 is doing monthly now.

Its hard to tell but if you think X1 especially is going to just stroll past X360 sales lifetime cuz X1 had a nice headstart, your in for alot of meltdowns lol!

Even if X1 fails to catch 360 in terms of sales, its almost a given for PS4 to outsell PS3.

Sony haven't even released any of their big hitters on PS4, and it hasn't seen a major next-gen exclusive multiplatform game yet either.

And the reason I mentioned Wii U was that you Nintendo fans seem to think that just because Wii U has flopped and would fail to reach Wii level of sales that it would happen to all consoles now. But it certainly doesn't seem that way.

Also the only reason 3DS ran out of fuel so fast was because Nintendo blew all of its load out in its first 2 years. That is they released all of their biggest IP's on it in its first 2 years, and third-parties haven't quite embraced it the same way they did with the DS.

sales2099 said:

X1 is now a great product with all cons of last year gone. Frequent updates and it is getting many great big name games you can't find on PS4.

That said, PS4's lead will only be greater with its brand power and ensure 3rd parties siding more and more with them. When Sony wins, everybody else loses. If you all want to know why I don't like Sony, that is why. Last gen, PS3 "lost" but everybody prospered, including PS3. Now, Sony wins at everybody else's expense.

Sony wins when they do better and what gamer wants, so they did Win PS1 and PS2. Last gen it was Sony mistakes with price and hardware architecture that killed their share, so MIcrosoft and Nintendo who priced cheap got all the benefits due to this and not just because they done better but still Sony showed them with a great turnaround and did sell PS3. If you want everyone to prosper then ask others to follow the Sony and make new IP's, exclusives and provide great value which is Microsoft doing right now for Xbox one now to catch up.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

sales2099 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
sales2099 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Huh? THis makes no sense though sales. How does everybody else lose if Sony wins? And why would you not like Sony because more and more 3rd parties sign with them? Wouldn't that mean you don't like the 3rd parties that sign with them? I mean I could be missing your point but I am jsut curious because this breakdown doesn't seem correct to me.

In all gens Sony wins, the competition does bad. Sega Saturn and the Dreamcast......Gamecube and Xbox barely over 20 million with PS2 at 150? Now compared to Wii and 360 prospering last gen? I'm all for monopolies, but gaming is benefitted best when there is as much healthy competition as possible. Sony gains at the loss of others and makes it near impossible to prosper.

But that still doesn't make sense to not like Sony because the competition made bad choices. I mean te only one this gen I could see not doing the greatest is the Wii U and that is because it has little to no 3rd party support. But MS and the XB1 has plenty of 3rd party support with some nice 1st party support as well. The sales may not be as close this gen as last only because MS did not have the advantages that it had last gen by having that head start and being cheaper.

Not taking anything away from MS but that is kind of why things panned out the way they did last gen. The wii was a phenomenon that no one expected and even with selling the most had nowhere near the 3rd party support that the PS360 had. It only sold that much  because the casuals ate it up as something brand new and exciting. The Wii U clearly does not have that luxury. But anyway I don't know man I think this will still be a good gen MS just came out of the gates COMPLETELY wrong but in time they can actually start doing a lot better.

When the 5th, 6th, and now 8th gen non-Sony competitors are doing bad, it isn't due to bad choices. Sony is in the right place at the right time, Ill give em that. Nm, I'm done with my thoughts on this. I just hope the X1 can carve out a healthy enough 2nd place. All major cons are removed, so it really is up to how the market responds.

Still the price is higer compared to the hardware they have to PS4 at 400$, so this shows that they dont care gamers and just want money as they did not want to place it cheaper than PS4 even though it has weak hardware compared to PS4. Still, they dont many first party studios and games being developed compard to PS4 and they are depending more on 3rd party exclusives. Lets see what they do in the future and they will get sales if they do what the gamer wants.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.