By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - X1 will never catch or match PS4 sales, it is a misfired product.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
I have doubts whether or not the Xbox One will finish second place and clawl back the gap on Wii U. XBox One after only 7 months is 3.5 million sales behind the PS4. PS4 has managed to outsell the XBox One by an average of 500k per month and over time that margin should widen and extend the total sales gap.

Don't make the mistake of averaging sales, It is a poor representation of stats. as well, we are on VGchartz, which i take their stats with a grain of salt, but do present them as an approximation of sales. Clearly, 4 million sales is not "poor" for the first 6 months of a console release. As well, don't forget that most "early adopters" are easily swayed into getting both consoles over time. Also we have not even reached the first real holiday release of these consoles. Which is where most console sales are.

Currently these consoles are being toted as "next-gen" but that will die when PC hardware leaves them in the dust in a year or 2. neither of these consoles will be nearly as pretty to look at in comparison, currently they aren't, but the price for a PC that has a relevant performance difference isn't close to comparable. these consoles are meant to last for 10 years, or more. ANYTHING, can change in 10 years. I mean really, the PS3 was on track to be a complete failure at release, and it managed just fine.

Around the Network
azunaki said:

I am rather baffled by this thread, It's like no one actually looked at why the PS4 is outselling the X1. Or where the sales are.

The PS4 and X1 are nearly equal in the US. But what no one expected was for europe to be such a huge part of sales this gen. Which is where nearly half of PS4's sales come from, Though it didn't help how much the X1 simply didn't support europe. It also comes down to the X1 simply hasn't released in as many places, completely microsofts fault, not denying that. But truthfully, to say the X1 is even close to a "Failure" is simply ignorance.

The other thing i want to add to this, Is that how can you even begin to make any statement as to how either console will do long term before seeing how mny millions of consoles they sell a year after launch. Considering each holiday sees as many consoles sold as the entire year between(Just look at the X360 and PS3 year on year from 07-2012).

None expected US to be anywhere equal, most know and knew Euro gaming market was growing and expected it.

Xbos was the foor in the door 360 growth X1 was to be market domminance, even by MS own plan for the Xbox growth the X1 has been a failure.  Not only has it not achived #1 or anything close to it.  It lost much of the marlet share the

We can as MS them selves said first to 10m in sales  historicaly "win" that generation.  The brutal sales ass kicking PS4 has been dishing out is plain easy to see.  

So if xmas equal the years sales, and PS4 is at more then double the X1 sales for the year.  It stands to reason PS4 will double X1 sales these holidays.  

tbone51 said:
Ucell said:
tbone51 said:
Ucell said:
tbone51 said:
Ucell said:
tbone51 said:

I'm calling out Nintendo fans only because they are the only ones to think that PS4 + X1 sales will be less than PS3 + 360 sales.

And you keep saying no without any counter argument. Doesn't help prove your point.

Now if you'd have any reason to say that you're welcome to do so.

All im saying is i think its too early to tell. No matter what i see PS4 doing no less than 50mil. Its a giving, as for X1 i think we all need to see how much Halo pushes and after holiday i think we can get an idea of where its going to end up.

Also, dont call out Nintendo Fans as if they are all in 1 group. Every Nintendo Fan=/= 1 opinion(that goes with every fanbase). Im not basing my opinion cuz WiiU is doing terrible, im basing it on a guess.

I think PS4 should easily do 120 million in sales and X1 will be at around 70 million, but we'll see.

Ucell said:

I think PS4 should easily do 120 million in sales and X1 will be at around 70 million, but we'll see.

If together they do 190m then fuckkkk yahhh! but X1 is not gonna pull of such a high number.

azunaki said:

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
I have doubts whether or not the Xbox One will finish second place and clawl back the gap on Wii U. XBox One after only 7 months is 3.5 million sales behind the PS4. PS4 has managed to outsell the XBox One by an average of 500k per month and over time that margin should widen and extend the total sales gap.

Don't make the mistake of averaging sales, It is a poor representation of stats. as well, we are on VGchartz, which i take their stats with a grain of salt, but do present them as an approximation of sales. Clearly, 4 million sales is not "poor" for the first 6 months of a console release. As well, don't forget that most "early adopters" are easily swayed into getting both consoles over time. Also we have not even reached the first real holiday release of these consoles. Which is where most console sales are.

Currently these consoles are being toted as "next-gen" but that will die when PC hardware leaves them in the dust in a year or 2. neither of these consoles will be nearly as pretty to look at in comparison, currently they aren't, but the price for a PC that has a relevant performance difference isn't close to comparable. these consoles are meant to last for 10 years, or more. ANYTHING, can change in 10 years. I mean really, the PS3 was on track to be a complete failure at release, and it managed just fine.

You say "don't make the mistake of averaging sales", then in the VERY NEXT SENTENCE you talk about 4 million sales in 6 months!  

It's NOT 4 million in 6 months, it's 4 million in EIGHT MONTHS, with 3 million of those sales in the FIRST TWO MONTHS!  If you look at monthly sales in 2014 alone, sales have been pathetic!  Also, don't assume that this generation of consoles will last a full 10 years...and don't assume that this gen, the "underdog" will have the ability to "catch up"...the PS3 did it because it had better build quality, more exclusive games, and superior hardware (including a blu-ray drive)...this gen it's the Xbox that needs to catch up...and how are they going to do that with FEWER GAMES and INFERIOR HARDWARE?

Around the Network

So, do we generally accept that the XB1 will never take the #1 spot from PS4? Ok then. XB1 has failed. thread /closed :p

agreed.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

azunaki said:

I am rather baffled by this thread, It's like no one actually looked at why the PS4 is outselling the X1. Or where the sales are.

The PS4 and X1 are nearly equal in the US. But what no one expected was for europe to be such a huge part of sales this gen. Which is where nearly half of PS4's sales come from, Though it didn't help how much the X1 simply didn't support europe. It also comes down to the X1 simply hasn't released in as many places, completely microsofts fault, not denying that. But truthfully, to say the X1 is even close to a "Failure" is simply ignorance.

The other thing i want to add to this, Is that how can you even begin to make any statement as to how either console will do long term before seeing how many millions of consoles they sell a year after launch. Considering each holiday sees as many consoles sold as the entire year between (Just look at the X360 and PS3 year on year from 07-2012).

The reason why Microsoft had released the Xbox One in Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, UK, and in the U.S. first is because that those are they're strongest markets. Even if they do release Xbox One in other countries, it's not going to matter.

Plus the Playstation brand is much stronger than the Xbox brand is worldwide, especially in Europe. All Microsoft has is the U.S. at this point. But the U.S. isn't exactly loyal to any company. Hasn't been in the past, & hasn't been so now. They go for where the better value is. And the UK is small fry.

BeElite said:

I fully expect the 399 sku and new supposed focus on games to fail again in terms of out selling the PS4, while it sounds good there have come to many flip flops and pr failures to really buy into it.  And history shows whatever they do PS4 still leads, as that happens MS flips flops to another msg and strategy... hell if i know whats next.

Damn i was right.  

Awesome!