By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's your favourite thing about Nintendo games?

Favourite Major Nintendo Franchise

Mario (Donkey Kong,Wario,Yoshi) 27 20.93%

The Legend of Zelda 60 46.51%

Metroid 9 6.98%

Pokémon 15 11.63%

Kirby 1 0.78%

Star Fox 2 1.55%

Pikmin 6 4.65%

Animal Crossing 1 0.78%

F-Zero 3 2.33%

Other 5 3.88%

Total:129

You should really put Fire Emblem in the poll. It's definitely a top 5 Nintendo franchise to me.

But why do I love them? I guess Mario's face is just so beautiful that when I see it plastered all over everything in sight I can't help myself. (;

Around the Network
*Sound Of Rain said:
Metallox said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
I grew up with pikmin ;')
pikmin 2 is my favorite game of all time

I found a brother!!!!!

I used to be a brother...

Pikmin 2 used to be my favorite game of all time but not anymore...

Pikmin remains one of the best IP's ever though.

Why? :(

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Mythmaker1 said:
They're fun. Pure and unadulterated. There are exceptions, particularly in the Zelda series, but by and large, the games are all about fun.

The emphasis on fun is unique, and definitely my favorite thing about Nintendo. And it's also my least favorite thing about Nintendo.

Zelda is not fun now?

Skidonti said:
You should really put Fire Emblem in the poll. It's definitely a top 5 Nintendo franchise to me.

But why do I love them? I guess Mario's face is just so beautiful that when I see it plastered all over everything in sight I can't help myself. (;

Don't forget about Mario's pedo stache!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Ninten78 said:

Nintendo makes the best games.They are different but why it seems the just have that special something that no other company has.What's your favourite thing about them? If you can't think of anything what's your favourite game that Nintendo made so far? Yes,I'm Canadian that's how we spell favourite :P

My favourite thing is they have a lot of humour.Paper Mario and Animal Crossing fans will know this.

They are all different games bud.  Stop trying to group them all together like they are some mystical group of super games.

Around the Network

Their extreme focus on having fun. Because of that they polish everything to that nth degree so as to remove anything that might distract from the enjoyment the game should bring. Once the distractions are removed (glitches/bugs, bad controls, broken gameplay etc.) you cannot help but be immersed in the game and feel like a kid all over again.

My favorite thing about Nintendo games are the game play. As simple as that. They make fun games that controls very well. Always has great controls. And they polish their games and don't release half finished games.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Replay value and nostalgia.

Mystro-Sama said:
Mythmaker1 said:
They're fun. Pure and unadulterated. There are exceptions, particularly in the Zelda series, but by and large, the games are all about fun.

The emphasis on fun is unique, and definitely my favorite thing about Nintendo. And it's also my least favorite thing about Nintendo.

Zelda is not fun now?

See bolded.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Their games are usually polished and glitch less. (though there are exceptions of course) Most of the time the music of Mario and Zelda games is fantastic as well.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!