By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's your favourite thing about Nintendo games?

Favourite Major Nintendo Franchise

Mario (Donkey Kong,Wario,Yoshi) 27 20.93%

The Legend of Zelda 60 46.51%

Metroid 9 6.98%

Pokémon 15 11.63%

Kirby 1 0.78%

Star Fox 2 1.55%

Pikmin 6 4.65%

Animal Crossing 1 0.78%

F-Zero 3 2.33%

Other 5 3.88%

Total:129

Nintendo makes the best games.They are different but why it seems the just have that special something that no other company has.What's your favourite thing about them? If you can't think of anything what's your favourite game that Nintendo made so far? Yes,I'm Canadian that's how we spell favourite :P

My favourite thing is they have a lot of humour.Paper Mario and Animal Crossing fans will know this.

Around the Network

Polish.

They are usually really good

They usually don't ship incomplete games and their focus on gameplay above everything else

Nintendo doesn't make the best game.

But I believe, although I haven't played the last iteration of games on Wii U, they are the best art directors for Platform, Fantasy Adventure, or Multiplayer Fun games (SSB, MK or MP).

It's not just in the style which has been around for years now, it's about the craft, the choice of texture, of dynamics in gameplay and animation, even sounds...

Nobody matches them for these specific genres.

However, when it comes down to action, RPG or adventure games for example, well Square-Enix still are king of art direction for RPG, Naughty Dog and Konami are the best for Action game, and Ubisoft are starting to be serious about Adventure game or at least for 2D Platform/Adventure game they're the best.

Around the Network

Polish. I wish other companies would care about their games as much as Nintendo does. Frame tearing, frame rate drops, slow load times, and other general glitches are not very common in Nintendo games.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

They are very bright colorful and charming with great gameplay and extreme polish. In a world where violence is every where you look, it's nice to pop in a Nintendo game and feel like you're 10 years old again.

"If new things are so great, where have they been the whole time?"

The games live up to their promise more often then not.

In terms of games, few have ever been major letdowns. Any other publisher typically ends up marring one or more of their best franchises with disappointing entries (Sonic, Resident Evil, Elder Scrolls, Battlefield 4, FFXIII, etc)

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

They are almost always perfect.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I grew up with pikmin ;')
pikmin 2 is my favorite game of all time

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3